Sign in to follow this  
Goss Volley

Any more for any more?

Would imagine we don''t have much cash, if any, left for this window now. But they''ve always said if the deal is right they''ll be looking, but assume that is mainly aimed at the future/youngsters like Raggett

[quote user="AJ"]Would imagine we don''t have much cash, if any, left for this window now. But they''ve always said if the deal is right they''ll be looking, but assume that is mainly aimed at the future/youngsters like Raggett[/quote]Raggett is 24, has played against Prem opposition and done pretty well at it too! So definitely not that young and should be able to come into our team. I expect the reasoning for sending him back to Lincoln until Jan was probably a clause that we agreed to while nobody else in for him (if there really were other teams after him) did. It seems a bit daft but there we go.

If don''t get anybody else in then we have big issues. We are still 3 defenders (RB cover, CB 1st choice or cover and LB 1st choice) and a striker (small, pacy, different to CJ/NO)

My other concern is what Leeds wil do with the Wood money. I stumbled across a list off possible targets (similar website to the edp) and unsurprisingly Nelson was pretty high on that list (also he is 2nd favourite to be top scorer as well according to it)

Raggett is loaned back until Jan, which is when transfer window reopens.

Maybe we are looking to offload Klose then, as another high earner, as we can''t now due to injury, and already have his replacement.

[quote user="BobLoz3"][quote user="AJ"]Would imagine we don''t have much cash, if any, left for this window now. But they''ve always said if the deal is right they''ll be looking, but assume that is mainly aimed at the future/youngsters like Raggett[/quote]Raggett is 24, has played against Prem opposition and done pretty well at it too! So definitely not that young and should be able to come into our team. I expect the reasoning for sending him back to Lincoln until Jan was probably a clause that we agreed to while nobody else in for him (if there really were other teams after him) did. It seems a bit daft but there we go.[/quote]I think you''ve called it right Bob and it seems a good deal for all concerned.......

Danny Cowley insisted Lincoln City

will reap the financial rewards of selling Sean Raggett to Norwich City

as he tipped the defender for a huge future in the game.

The

central defender signed for the Championship Canaries for an

undisclosed fee last week before re-joining the Imps on loan until

January 1.

Norwich do not have a call-back option, meaning Raggett will definitely

remain with the Imps until the Christmas period at least.

While the Imps received an upfront fee for the 23-year-old,

there are also various financial clauses which will be activated if he

continues his rapid rise.

“There’s no recall so he’s with until January, that’s categoric,” confirmed Cowley after Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Exeter City.

“We’re pleased with that and we’ve got the clauses that will allow us to benefit financially when Sean moves on from Norwich.

“I know where Sean Raggett’s career is going. So somewhere down the line we’ll get the money that Sean is worth.”

In Daniel Farke’s Norwich, the Imps boss believes Raggett has joined the right club.

“I’ve

been so proud of him for the way he has conducted himself,” said

Cowley. “He’s an exceptional young man who deserves everything that is

coming his way.

“Sean was the most important person in this process. So we

needed to make sure he was going to the right club that had the right

intentions and pathways in place so can continue to develop as a player.

Norwich were able to put those things in place.

“He’s made outstanding progress with us over the last year, which Norwich can see.

“We’ve got him for another few months. We’ll continue to

work hard with him and I’m sure he’ll continue to work as hard as he has

done for us.

“Norwich will get a fantastic player who is getting better by the day, and an even better person.

“When he goes back to Norwich, he’ll be going there to be an integral part of their team.”

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/danny-cowley-says-lincoln-city-353855

[quote user="Greavsy"]Raggett is loaned back until Jan, which is when transfer window reopens.

Maybe we are looking to offload Klose then, as another high earner, as we can''t now due to injury, and already have his replacement.[/quote]Players can be sold if they are injured. I believe we bought a player in similar circumstances not long back.Raggett would most likely gone out on loan so why not back to his original club, as with Abraham and Maddison. It may now mean one of of younger players heads to Lincoln on loan.Whilst promotion is the number one target it does not mean that we cannot pick up players for te future - and that will not always be when it suits us.I also expect we will see a new face ir two with a couple moving on as well.

But Raggett doesn''t fit into that young category like Abraham or Maddison. Hes a good few years older than those players.

Saying that its not sending him out on loan that''s the issue to me, its the fact that we have nothing in terms of adequate cover after just 1 or 2 injuries in defence.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]If don''t get anybody else in then we have big issues. We are still 3 defenders (RB cover, CB 1st choice or cover and LB 1st choice) and a striker (small, pacy, different to CJ/NO)

My other concern is what Leeds wil do with the Wood money. I stumbled across a list off possible targets (similar website to the edp) and unsurprisingly Nelson was pretty high on that list (also he is 2nd favourite to be top scorer as well according to it)[/quote]Nelson is injured and hasn''t played and won''t play tonight. I think that''s pretty much the main reason at this point in time and a lot of us continue to labour the point that he must be off. It''s madness!His crazy reaction at Fulham, which I''ve never seen a professional player do by the way, is behind us and we''re led to believe that he is happy here.I don''t think he''d go to another Championship team and we''d be completely mad if we let him. That would leave us with CJ and Watkins, who I think looks better when played out wide anyway, without sufficient time to find a replacement.

@Bob

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-striker-search-who-should-whites-chase-as-replacement-for-wood-1-8713675

This is the article. Its no different to a PinkUn journo picking out names we could potentially sign and does not even suggest a link.

But with every team that suddenly sells a player & gets an injection of cash Nelson seems the standout Championship striker they would look at. Of the other names they are all names that have been linked with everybody - Rhodes, Mcormack etc