Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

The state of Scottish football

I expect Apples will be along to give us the ''north of the border'' (and I don''t mean Lincolnshire) view.

I think Strachan may controversially plump for a maximum scapegoat line-up and play them both, with Whittaker and Martin providing support in the ex-scapegoat role.Dorrans is on the reserve list.Apples

If I''m a national side and calling up Steven Naismith then my hopes and expectations aren''t going to be very high.

[quote user="Move Klose"]If I''m a national side and calling up Steven Naismith then my hopes and expectations aren''t going to be very high.[/quote]
I think he spends the majority of his time on the bench to be fair.

To show the real state of Scottish football.

They are currently 58th in the world standings. That''s 35 places lower than Northern Ireland, one place above Saudi Arabia but one place below Jamaica.

What has happened?

Where have all their players gone?

I was going to argue that it doesn''t need to be as good as the English league, but then I decided to look at other European leagues and found thishttps://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/Its fine for what it is. A local league, but the glory days are long gone and any player with talent will move abroad.