Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Rome was not built in a day.

A good season will be mid table with all the changes the club has chosen to take.we could get top ten if things go smoothly. Change takes time,the club has been brave to take it on.let''s get behind the team in victory and defeat, the good times and bad times.

Top six with the changes and the squad we have would be one of the greatest achievements in this clubs history.

[Y] mr footy. But when so many people appear not to understand the meaning of the English word "patience", I''m afraid classical references will be completely lost on them. [;)]

To be fair the stowmarket 2 had last season to rebuild this isn''t a new start

Patience is not something they deserve

In fact they have had 2 decades

It is nonsense to say they need patience

It''s going to be a very exciting season with a very competitive league and games coming up rapidly and no doubt a rollercoaster of a ride.We have a very good squad with lots of inexperienced youngsters so anything can happen, but if we don''t get behind them and give them confidence, forget top six. Don''t expect to win every game...............

Not a good analogy, Italy is full of old crumbling buildings falling down.

You need the Charlton model 😂

With the required budget, excellent planning, and enough skilled labour and materials - I think Rome could be built in a day.

It''s agreeing on the soft furnishings that would delay completion.

Do none of you ignorants not understand that if we do not go up this season the last couple of decent players we have will be gone , this is not a long term rebuild it''s bloody Smith going back to the Roeder days nothing but frees and loans and a trip back to league one . For Christs sake wake the fuck up .

It really comes down to this,we have limited resources, we have not got mega rich owners,they want to see the club prosper but won''t gamble the club''s future on unknown investors. This is their hard earned right

Therefore changes in the way the club is managed, the way the team plays are the only way forward to them and Us.It can be done.

Whilst I do not agree with the "crisis" type posts, I find this type of post equally annoying, Webber is trying to replicate the Huddersfield experience at Norwich, last season they looked like one of the best teams in the league at Carrow Rd, hard working, kept the ball and an incisive, pacy attack, so far we are yet to see this from the Norwich team, this type of post smacks of getting your excuses in early......

This would all be fine were it not for the fact that we will then be told we have to sell Maddison, Pritchard, Murphy and Oliveira in the summer because we''ve lost our parachute payments. We are being asked to be patient in the one season where we actually don''t really have the time to be patient.

Delia and co have wasted every opportunity we''ve had and now I fear will preside over a slide to real mediocrity for years.

Ps I do have patience in terms of the philosophy and style of football Farke wants us to play but that patience does not extend to the club not buying any proper defenders or the manager making abysmal team selections. Neither of those are things that "need time" to get right.

No promotion this season and you can kiss goodbye to the likes of Maddison, Murphy and Pritchard. After this season the club will return to the days of pre Lambert, Championship strugglers failing to compete on and off the field. This season represents our last real chance barring a miracle or change of ownership

Webber is trying to do Exactly the same as he did at Huddersfield

BUT as we have seen with Lambert he has tried to do what he did with us with every club he has joined since and failed

my opinion is Huddersfield success is / was more Wagner than Webber

He also at Hudds seemed to sign lots of quick and powerful players whereas with us the lack of pace and physicality of our new signings is striking.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Ps I do have patience in terms of the philosophy and style of football Farke wants us to play but that patience does not extend to the club not buying any proper defenders or the manager making abysmal team selections. Neither of those are things that "need time" to get right.[/quote]On the contrary, your opinion that the club has not bought any "proper defenders" is premature, and Farke''s tinkering with team selections completely understandable given so many new signings (including players needing competitive minutes), injuries and the fixture schedule.. 

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][Y] mr footy. But when so many people appear not to understand the meaning of the English word "patience", I''m afraid classical references will be completely lost on them. [;)]
[/quote]

Spot on Mr footy.

Sadly we now live in a world of high demand and instant gratification. Hype from endless media sources does not help.

Patience was last seen in a time of no league tables published until 3 games had been played and you had to wait outside the newsagent on a Saturday night for the pinkun to be printed and delivered.

As time has progressed, more clubs have reached higher levels or peaks of achievement in their history and nostalgia (and marketing) plays tricks with the average fan''s sense of perspective.

Older posters like Ricardo/Nutty/Til get it.

They have been watching the game for a long time and can remember managers like Bill Nic, Bill Shankly, Harry Catterick, Bertie Mee etc NOT WINNING a trophy but retaining their jobs for years because their chairmen had patience and the fans revered them and understood the game.

It took a club of our size 70 years to reach the top division.

We''ve had some wonderful ups and downs in recent seasons but sadly it has made spoilt brats out of some of US.

There, it''s my birthday today and I have treated myself to a rant from atop my high horse!

[img]http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-they-say-rome-wasn-t-built-in-a-day-but-i-wasn-t-on-that-particular-job-brian-clough-5-89-24.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]''Huddersfield was not built in a day'' would be more appropriate...[/quote]They had 10 points from their first 4 games last season and 16 from the first 6 games

@Horse Renoir

That''s the part of the story they conviently forget. Anybody that mentions Huddersfields start, would you be happy finishing 19th this season if you are that desperate to replicate Huddersfield?

I don''t think it''s disastrous our start has been a bit mixed. Webber/Farke can see where the squad needs strengthening, and we''ve still a few days left of the transfer window, so there may be a last minute pleasant surprise yet.Realistically I wasn''t expecting much out of Fulham and Villa away, a draw against Sunderland and a win against QPR. Didn''t quite pan out that way but still 4 points. Probably what concerns me more is the lack of pace amongst our defenders, Zimmerman, Franke, Martin and to a lesser extent Husband are like oil tankers. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Happy Birthday Drazen.[^]
Hope you got that shirt you wanted[;)]
[/quote]

Thanks NN - sadly not.

Can you imagine the implosion on here if the interwebs existed in 1980 - what a waste of £300k - Useless Yugoslavian - Arthur South is clueless!