Sign in to follow this  
he

Crisis

Yes we did and up in league one JF But they didn''t jump ship lining their pockets in the process. They stuck around and built the club into what we have now. That''s the comparison. And if someone else had come in 2009 you would be heralding 8 seasons of success.

What saved our club was the sale of the land Chase bought, Colney we have Chase to thank and he never took us to 23 million debt and the third division.

Still building on what? We are exactly where we were when Delia took over, having to sell to fund the club!

But you have to agree, we had more successful years under Chase!

Why are we having a difficult time Yorky?

We have drawn at Fulham, lost to Sunderland, beaten QPR and lost to Villa. And through to the next round of whatever the cup is called.

By and large chase was a shrewd operator and knew more about running a football club than these clowns. He had us playing top flight football for years and European footy. He made some poor decision the relegation season and the following one but paid the price

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="Indy"]I''m still a tad lost to why we''ve not spent a bit more considering that we''ve had 30 million sales since January and got rid of all our high earners.

No crises but mildly being poorly supported by the board financially. [/quote]Purple can give us a better analysis once the financial results are out. But just by rehashing various press articles, it''s clear there isn''t a war chest to spend.We haven''t got rid of all of our high earners: Naismith, Jarvis, Jerome and Klose are still here, and Tettey, Pinto are probably on good money as well. Parachute payments arguably exist to allow a club to deflate their wage bill over time. Our wage bill (presumably players only) was quoted at £34 million at the end of last season.Last year we got £41 million in parachute payments, this year, our final year of receiving them, we''re budgeting to get £31 million. Coming into the summer, our overdraft stood at £8 million, even factoring in the Brady and Olsson sales.The Howson and Dorrans money went to sign Franke, Stiepermann and Vrancic, and a big chunk of the Murphy money went to reducing the overdraft.http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/revealed-norwich-city-s-2016-17-premier-league-parachute-payment-1-5045086

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/reality-bites-the-figures-that-show-why-norwich-city-are-having-to-do-things-differently-this-summer-1-5055886[/quote]

Afraid not. I did believe I had a vague understanding of this kind of stuff. You know, money and how boardrooms operate. Only in an amateur kind of way, mind; I never professed to be a professional. And I wasn''t alone in this belief. Mick Dennis said the other day he found my posts on football finance to be enlightening.But clearly I and he and anyone else was wrong. I thought I knew why our summer window spending was just at it has been, but if Indy cannot fathom it ("a tad lost") then I cannot be right.I also thought I knew it was totally spurious to compare the Chase and the Smith and Jones eras in terms of success, for reasons inextricably linked to seismic shifts in football finance, but again Indy thinks such comparisons are fair, so I must have been wrong about that as well. So I leave the floor for explaining the accounts to Indy, and Komakino, whose pretty much every post has also at odds with what I thought I knew.

Yep, won 1, drew 1, lost 2.

Complete new structure and majority of starting eleven changed. New head coach? All coaches changed. New playing style.

Jesus Christ some of you have the backbone of a chocolate eclair. All i can say is im bloody glad none of you are involved with running the club, reckon you''d take ''voluntary relegation'' just to make it easy!

No comparison, just fact we were more successful under Chase, no argument!

Funny that we try to argue about finances yet this current owner has overseen more money than any previous owners. Now we can go through all the years but why bother, the facts are money in has gone, we found ourselves 8 million debts last financial year, fined by player sales and this years accounts will probably show a significant debt covered by the sales of Howson & Murphy.

But then you surely need to blame the board for allowing such overspending on players and wages to see us come full circle, or isn''t their any blame?

But then Purple you''ve got the knowhow to publish your spin on the accounts, which always allude to the current issues with football finances, which in no small part was there in Chases days, he built up our clubs training facilities and improving our ground while gambling on land at the time too, which with other unsavoury going ons caused major warranted backlash from our great fans.

This current board are lucky our new set of Premiership fans are so much more patient, football has changed across all aspects, but as long as the fans don''t complain the current set up will continue.

No club can demand success nor should fans expect it, be happy with your lot in life, you support your team without question, there are clubs bigger, there are clubs smaller, some will gain promotion and wealth others won''t, so be it.........but Chase was more successful!

Anyhow, I was only having a bit of fun tonight with you Nutty, I''m off to bed as I''ve got a charity cycle ride tomorrow morning.........night night!

2 or 3 year project? there is no time for that in this day and age. if we are nowhere near this season it''s bye bye pritchard, maddison, Oliveira, Murphy and pinto and we will be chucking a few more German lower league players in and crossing our fingers. We won''t have Gunn or reed next season and eventually Wes will run out of steam.

If we are still in this league in 2 or 3 years, we are here to stay.

@Tettey''s Jig

Couldn''t agree more, it''s exactly how I see it. Failure to achieve promotion this season (which is a long shot in even the most ambitious fans eyes) will see a huge drop in revenue. This will then lead to more player sales, which reduces the quality of the squad, which makes promotion harder.

2 or 3 seasons in this league and we will be stuck without the funds to compete with 15 or so teams

You won''t wind me up Indy. I don''t have to look back to see what I''ve said before. Is Ken on his bike tomorrow too?

[quote user="Indy"]No comparison, just fact we were more successful under Chase, no argument!

Funny that we try to argue about finances yet this current owner has overseen more money than any previous owners. Now we can go through all the years but why bother, the facts are money in has gone, we found ourselves 8 million debts last financial year, fined by player sales and this years accounts will probably show a significant debt covered by the sales of Howson & Murphy.

But then you surely need to blame the board for allowing such overspending on players and wages to see us come full circle, or isn''t their any blame?

But then Purple you''ve got the knowhow to publish your spin on the accounts, which always allude to the current issues with football finances, which in no small part was there in Chases days, he built up our clubs training facilities and improving our ground while gambling on land at the time too, which with other unsavoury going ons caused major warranted backlash from our great fans.

This current board are lucky our new set of Premiership fans are so much more patient, football has changed across all aspects, but as long as the fans don''t complain the current set up will continue.

No club can demand success nor should fans expect it, be happy with your lot in life, you support your team without question, there are clubs bigger, there are clubs smaller, some will gain promotion and wealth others won''t, so be it.........but Chase was more successful![/quote]Yes, Indy. Of course that is not a comparison. How stupid of me. I stopped reading at that point so forgive me if you then switched to saying something sensible.

Purple Conceited said......"Mick Dennis said the other day he found my posts on football finance to be enlightening"........

Ooh how fascinating and so very impressive......Have you framed that quote - and does it sit proudly on your diamond, emerald and ruby encrusted mantelpiece?.......Next to your personally signed portrait of your most wonderful and slightly modest self?......

Our present setup is much more like Norwich under Chase than many will care to admit. Twenty odd years of going round the houses, then Delia decides it''s time to try and emulate Bob the builder.

With the stowmarket 2 we stumble from one crisis to the next

Never have the impression they are working to a clear strategy just a series of knee jerks depending on the mood of the fans

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]With the stowmarket 2 we stumble from one crisis to the next

Never have the impression they are working to a clear strategy just a series of knee jerks depending on the mood of the fans[/quote]Yep, Captain Birdshyte. You shouldn''t listen to the mood of fans. A big proportion of them are utter idiots.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The times were different so the comparison is hopeless and becomes a stick. Would you compare the time under Chase with the post war years of failure? It would perhaps he a fairer comparison than yours. No excuse for the club then with a 40,000 stadium and the maximum wage levelling the playing field. Chase bankrupted the club leaving us virtually in league one. Did nothing to sort it out and lined his pockets in the process.

Anyway, do you ever compare Cobbold to Evans. Or did the fit begin with Sheepshanks?[/quote]

Interesting comment from the big cleaner, "Chase bankrupted the club"

Must have missed that because if you are bankrupt you go into administration and I can''t recall administration can anyone else?

There is no crisis. Villa were strong and pacey. Hourihane was one of the divisions best performers last year. We are a work in progress. They were at home and had their backs to the wall. In a way it is good that we had this experience now.

There were three big lessons though. One is that teams are all going to attack the space behind James Husband. Two our centre backs are ok but they need to be more aggressive and willing to pick up a card or two just to get on top of the type of strikers they will face in this league.Our CBS need to get elbows in their ribs stand on their feet call their mum a slag etc whatever is needed but they must get on top of them. Three when the oppo gets the ball we need to be in motion until the whistle blows. Anyone who stops before should not wear the shirt.

Daniel Farke still has a lot of work to do with this team and we look short of cover at both right and left back with our current injuries.

I honestly think some of our "supporters" are the most retarded the world has ever seen, I''m embarrassed to support the same team as them, like little cry baby children unless we win every game, fucktards!

The only crisis yesterday was once again we had to rely on Russel Martin - if you watch the first two girls yesterday, any full back other than RM would have defended those chances better and prevented both goals.

As for finances, we simply didn''t do last season what has long been held as a truth - that on relegation the contract clauses of our players were such they revert to "championship" levels - that simply did not happen last year as McNasty and Fat Jezzer were pushovers in writing contracts. We simply passported the EPL millions on to players and agents as per Dirty in their hey day.

I award myself 5/10 for trolling.

And I actually think we are ahead of schedule on the ''Uddersfield experiment - by Xmas we''ll be 8 points ahead of the scum.

You read it here first.

It''s pathetic how we opted for Webber and his "philosophy" rubbish, based solely on his lucky appointment of Wagner.

He has assembled a very poor squad, and to achieve they needed to be an organised unit. Early days, but worrying signs this is beyond the inexperienced Farke. Webber witnessed the defensive frailties last season and shipped out Bennet and Bassong and replaced with worse.

The mans comments on Alex Neil were poor - but being judged on his own ability he is falling well short of what should be expected. Far from a genius in the transfer market so far.

FFS - edit button - Goals not girls in that first sentence.

Boy have comments on here riled me!

Pant wetters & happy clappers ahoy! Big night in Cromer .....

Again the latest stowmarket related crisis

When will our fans wake up to the systemic nature of our problems and that only the removal of the 2 will sort the club out and give us the club we deserve

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]Again the latest stowmarket related crisis

When will our fans wake up to the systemic nature of our problems and that only the removal of the 2 will sort the club out and give us the club we deserve[/quote]

And there it is in black and white - "give us the club we deserve".   Self entitlement personified.  Latest news, Waveney - we have the club we deserve and it is one of the best in the country. If you can''t see that, I am genuinely sorry for you.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy"]No comparison, just fact we were more successful under Chase, no argument!

No club can demand success nor should fans expect it, be happy with your lot in life, you support your team without question, there are clubs bigger, there are clubs smaller, some will gain promotion and wealth others won''t, so be it.........but Chase was more successful![/quote]Yes, Indy. Of course that is not a comparison. How stupid of me. I stopped reading at that point so forgive me if you then switched to saying something sensible.[/quote]

I''m not making any comparison, you''re the one trying to make a comparison by bringing in some financial arguments and how football has changed, well then this board should adapt and change to meet modern football demands......

I was starting fact, we were more successful as a club under Chase!

[quote user="Indy"]

I''m not making any comparison, you''re the one trying to make a comparison by bringing in some financial arguments and how football has changed, well then this board should adapt and change to meet modern football demands...... [/quote]

Which is what it has done.  Got rid of the excessive wages, brought in young dynamic players and brought in a management system that is progressive, modern and thoroughly professional - and developing the youth system.  Healthy, modern and realistic.

By selling their top assets each year to balance the books, strange that as Chase had to sell to balance the books too! Full circle?

I''m certainly happy with the new structure, even though it''s done on the cheap due to hanging onto a failing pub manager a season too long and hiring a real gem in Moxey!

I love the new structure Lakey, just time for new fresh owners to come in, time to move forward not stick with the stale.....my view.