of the season many positives were said

on here regarding the new structure,

young and hungry players, getting rid

of players who no longer wanted to be

here. Four games in, we''re carrying

more injuries than most teams, whilst

trying to bed in a completely new way

of playing. Anybody who thought we''d

have instant success were kidding themselves.

Yes, I''m not watching in yellow tinted glasses

and after a dozen games we are still making

continual defensive errors, I''ll join the Farke

doubters but give the man a chance. I''ve

supported Norwich for over 40 years now and

seen many ups and many more downs. This is

a whole new phase in our clubs history and it

seems most would love to see it fail before giving

it a chance.

i dont think anyone expected instant success but we should expect the players to be able to manage basic, rudimentary defending. we look capable of conceding every time the ball/oppo gets near our box.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I think this season will be the most fun on here I can remember.
Fulham - "What a manager, we still have to be patient but the early signs are good"
Sunderland - " Another false dawn. We''ve seen it so often. All the players we signed are down grades, the binners are winning and we''ll be lucky not to be relegated."
QPR - " "We''ve signed some good players, the defence looks good, we could easily make the play offs or better and we''ll soon catch the binners."
Villa - "Our defence is rubbish, same old story, relegation beckons and the binners will win the league." 
[Y] nutty. As someone -- I can''t remember who -- keeps saying "You couldn''t make some fans up." [:D]

[/quote]

Well said - if you don''t go up this year, you''ll be selling off anyone of any value. You''ll have a lower wage bill/budget than us. Happy days

I still can''t believe some class 5 seasons in the top flight and a visit to the third division as success then get all worked up by Chase, we had 9 consecutive seasons and European football under Chase! Still at least the current owners eat in normal pubs with the fans........stand back and waits

Ken Ozanne looks back longingly to past glories from a lot further back then that. Of course that''s irrellavent too. But it''s yet another connection...

King Keano''s back too. Like the others he disappeared after Wednesday. He may take me up on my offer after today''s results....

But you kust admit we were far more successful under Chase than Delia......

The times were different so the comparison is hopeless and becomes a stick. Would you compare the time under Chase with the post war years of failure? It would perhaps he a fairer comparison than yours. No excuse for the club then with a 40,000 stadium and the maximum wage levelling the playing field. Chase bankrupted the club leaving us virtually in league one. Did nothing to sort it out and lined his pockets in the process.

Anyway, do you ever compare Cobbold to Evans. Or did the fit begin with Sheepshanks?

Yes but you have to admit we were more successful under Chase?

I don''t know as much about the binners as you Nutty, are you a closet binner?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]King Keano''s back too. Like the others he disappeared after Wednesday. He may take me up on my offer after today''s results....[/quote]

What offer? Frankly I''m fairly realistic on our own fortunes. Will we win the league or finish top 2? Not likely. Play-offs? Maybe - but we''d need a bit more luck with injuries than we''re currently getting. Should we be 4/4 - probably not. But we''ve got good strikers who can score goals & are certainly better than last season. We''ve played with 4 FB''s today such is our injury problems.

You guys however, massively unrealistic. You''ve signed a whole host of unproven players from the lower reaches of German football. You''ve got an unproven coach who''s trying to bring it all together. I''m not sure how much your CB''s cost - but whatever it was, on today''s evidence from the highlights I''ve seen - you''ve overpaid. Terrible!

There is massive overeactions on here. Draw at Fulham and beat QPR & you''re running away with the league. You''ll do alright at home I suspect - but likely to be found wanting away. I suspect you''ll lose at Millwall as well - they''ll be throwing crosses into the box and I''d have no confidence in those CB''s to deal with that!

As I say though, I''m not getting over confident about our abilitys. We''re competitive - which is all we can ask for. We''ll work hard and have strikers who can score goals. If you don''t go up, where does that leave you? You don''t have time to wait for this to come good as you''ll be be way off of the pace. Fail to go up, you''ll then sell on anyone of any worth & have a lower end wage budget to work with. You''ll be proper paupers.

How would I get away with that? Dozens of posters know me. My online photo albums are full of stuff connected to Norwich. I''m a reason ticket holder. Oh, and I hate golf. Talking about golf I trust the problems that have closed your course are sorted soon....

You have to admit though we were more successful under Chase?

You keep bringing up the binners Nutty, just makes me think you have a soft spot for them?

Golf course was open as normal, thanks for asking Nutty, enjoyed a lovely round and beer in the club house while watch manure thump that Welsh team, then home for a nice afternoon listening to radio Norfolk it was lovely, apart from the result.

I''m loving having the option to buy as I like, I''ll be back for the Birmingham game, as I''ve got tickets.

I''ve no regrets giving up my Barclay season tickets up after sooo many years, under those successful days of Chase....

So you have to agree we were so much more successful under Chase.

Of course Indy. It took 20 years to sink in. If you are lucky enough to make 80 you''ll have wasted a quarter of your life through being so slow on the uptake. Have you got another photo for us tonight?

You must admit Chase was more successful Nutty?

I''m still waiting on that photo of her Norwich rosette and hat she claimed to have been wearing! (She wasn''t even wearing a hat at the time)! See sometimes people aren''t totally honest are they?

There is no photo unless its in a binners album. If it''s in a binners album it won''t be found by google. That binner would have to post it somewhere. You could try asking around your friends...

No you asked me for proof and I''ve asked you to counter it, you can''t!

Anyhow we were far more successful under Chase than Delia, don''t you agree?

It''s not a comparison worthy of comment. However attendances, including your own supposed attendence, would suggest the current owners are more popular...

But you must admit we had better successful years under Chase than Delia?

What success he had he threw away. But you can''t compare the era''s. Did you ask around your friends?

That Ken Ozanne really is a rum''un looking gink. Have you seen his photo?

No I''m still waiting on your photo showing that so claimed hat with Norwich City on the inside and the Norwich City rosette?

So now your saying Chase threw it away, but our current board haven''t? Wow so you hang one but low the other to get away with it?

So you accept Chase was more successful than Delia?

The current owners have continued building. You obviously know nothing about our club except the surface. Chase left us heading for league one with the academy virtually shut down. And he was lining his pockets to the very end.

Have you seen Kens picture? Rum''un is kind really...

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 19/08/2017 10:14 PM:

The current owners have continued building. You obviously know nothing about our club except the surface. Chase left us heading for league one with the academy virtually shut down. And he was lining his pockets to the very end.

Have you seen Kens picture? Rum''un is kind really...

And the current owners went one step further and took us there. Nearly selling the stadium along the way.....

We are having a difficult time not a crisis. That is when your club folds like Hereford Scarborough and many other and they build houses on the place where you have spent years watching your club.