Sign in to follow this  
he

Crisis

This is crisis. Aston Villa also had two against the bar so it could easily have been even worse.

How many more games will Farke get based on this abysmal performance.

Eight point behind Ipswich after four games is unacceptable.

This is a performance straight from late nineties and under Roeder.

There is not just lot of work to do, the team has to start to work and work right. This is clearly not working.

I''ve just watched that on a stream and we looked genuine relegation candidates. It was woeful

This is indicative of too many posters on here and sadly too many fans in general.

An overhaul of the club and after 4 games of the new season we get posts like this.

Sigh.

[quote user="JF"]I''ve just watched that on a stream and we looked genuine relegation candidates. It was woeful[/quote]

Because a new way of playing with lots of new signings should have all been sorted during pre season shouldn''t it? I mean, preseason games, that''s just like playing in th championship. Boooo

Yep, but it''s a results business......and we need to get results......

If we have a poor season and without future investment and a current squad of players that won''t court a decent selling fee, means we as a club will struggle financially in the future....

We''re doomed!

NCFC are a mid-table Championship team, that''s what this German Experiment is all about. Cheaper players coming in to replace ones who had experienced the PL with Norwich.

We''ve brought in an unproven foreign coach, in a new set-up, with a lot of new players... I had high hopes for Norwich this season, but unfortunate this ''new way'' is going to take time.

I''m still a tad lost to why we''ve not spent a bit more considering that we''ve had 30 million sales since January and got rid of all our high earners.

No crises but mildly being poorly supported by the board financially. I don''t get buying a decent lower league defender then loaning him back when we''re clearly in need of better CB''s.

Last it''s almost like because of the huge cost to the club Naismith is a starter! Let him go for free, might as well agree a release compensation package might benefit our club long term!

When did supporting a club mean you have to be in board meetings and watching over finances?

Go to the game, pay for your ticket and enjoy the atmosphere and the buzz. Put a little bet on if you fancy it.

The clubs money and business direction is not your business nor something you can influence. Get over it!

Yeah let''s just wash over one of the worst displays since the pre Lambert days. Yes it''s early and yes the team needs to gel. That doesn''t change the fact that, that was a fucking disaster of a performance. Villa could have had 7 or 8 today. If anything our defence looks worse!

I don''t think anyone is washing over a dismal performance (particularly 1st half) but it is simply not a crisis and questioning how many games Farke will get is ludicrous. Get a grip

So where is the signs of if they get time they will succeed? There is avsolutely no signs showing that this will get right?

Good enough players make good decisions and make the right decisions going forward and at the back.

This performance was hopeless and the lack of way of defending were extremely worrying. This will be a long long season in mid table at best. And how long will people show up at Carrow Road.

He''s not going to get ready playing for Lincoln......better option than we have from lower league Germany by the looks of things!

What a difference 4 days and a bad result can make. It was poor, and also a bit of bad luck... at 2-3 we probably had a punchers chance of getting a point and then an awful handball missed.

Overall, we haven''t had the best first 4 games, a solid point against Fulham and a convincing win against QPR are being overshadowed by firstly the nonsense with Nelson and then two poor defensive performances against Sunderland and Villa. There are positives, but I think it''s time for a solid 11 to play a few games unchanged.

There were signs from the 2nd half, there were signs from wed night (or are we basing everything on this one game?), there were signs from the Fulham game.....err and we''ve only played 4 games.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]This is indicative of too many posters on here and sadly too many fans in general.

An overhaul of the club and after 4 games of the new season we get posts like this.

Sigh.[/quote][Y] [Y]A very disappointing game, especially the first half, but the amount of towel throwing is pathetic. Everyone should have known this would be a tough season because of all the changes. Grow some balls.

[quote user="Lewis DW"]Farker said that Raggett isnt ready for the Championship.[/quote]

Ha neither is he, nor Zimmerman, franke or husband but they''re here

Herman wrote the following post at 19/08/2017 5:20 PM:

Fiery Zac wrote:

This is indicative of too many posters on here and sadly too many fans in general. An overhaul of the club and after 4 games of the new season we get posts like this. Sigh.

Yes [Y] Yes [Y]

A very disappointing game, especially the first half, but the amount of towel throwing is pathetic. Everyone should have known this would be a tough season because of all the changes. Grow some balls.

No one is throwing towels or lacking balls! This is a discussion forum and we are discussing the events that unfolded on the pitch today. That was a display going back to the pre Lambert days and no amount of attempted sugar coating can change that. On the evidence today we have a very long way to go. Again on today''s showing the defence if possible is worse than last season. We were lucky to keep them to just the 4 goals. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it''s still a pig!

[quote user="Jack Flash"]New setup at Huddersfield, season before promotion - first 6 games W 0 D 3 L 3 POINTS 3. Just saying.[/quote]

Then we should have got them in last year instead of Irvine then

So we would have been ready for this season

4 games in. New structure, new coach, at least 7 new players in the starting line up. Injuries to key players.

It''s going to take a while to get up to speed; those fans writing us off already need to get a grip. My main concern is the defence, but I don''t understand why anyone is starting to panic yet.

[quote user="Indy"]I''m still a tad lost to why we''ve not spent a bit more considering that we''ve had 30 million sales since January and got rid of all our high earners.

No crises but mildly being poorly supported by the board financially. [/quote]Purple can give us a better analysis once the financial results are out. But just by rehashing various press articles, it''s clear there isn''t a war chest to spend.We haven''t got rid of all of our high earners: Naismith, Jarvis, Jerome and Klose are still here, and Tettey, Pinto are probably on good money as well. Parachute payments arguably exist to allow a club to deflate their wage bill over time. Our wage bill (presumably players only) was quoted at £34 million at the end of last season.Last year we got £41 million in parachute payments, this year, our final year of receiving them, we''re budgeting to get £31 million. Coming into the summer, our overdraft stood at £8 million, even factoring in the Brady and Olsson sales.The Howson and Dorrans money went to sign Franke, Stiepermann and Vrancic, and a big chunk of the Murphy money went to reducing the overdraft.http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/revealed-norwich-city-s-2016-17-premier-league-parachute-payment-1-5045086

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/reality-bites-the-figures-that-show-why-norwich-city-are-having-to-do-things-differently-this-summer-1-5055886

I think this season will be the most fun on here I can remember.
Fulham - "What a manager, we still have to be patient but the early signs are good"
Sunderland - " Another false dawn. We''ve seen it so often. All the players we signed are down grades, the binners are winning and we''ll be lucky not to be relegated."
QPR - " "We''ve signed some good players, the defence looks good, we could easily make the play offs or better and we''ll soon catch the binners."
Villa - "Our defence is rubbish, same old story, relegation beckons and the binners will win the league."

If we pick our best players we might win more. Questions have to be asked if they can''t hack the runs of games already when it''s only August. I appreciate Wes is getting on and a bit of a luxury sometimes and pinto must have been injured but leaving out maddison and Oliveira today was inexcusable and I could have told you that at kick off.

Pinto?..ya was injured, Wes?..35 and  no way can play 90 mins twice a week, Oliveira?...groin strain and to risky to give him the full 90 mins, Watkins?...ya injured, Thompson? Klose? Pritchard? Lewis? Jarvis?..ya injured, Toffolo?..making his way back but not yet ready, Martin?...his best days are way past yet hes playing every dang 90 mins with pain killin injections as hes all we got at RB, Madders?...doing good, but you have to rest a young guy at some point, pretty much left us with the new guys and 1 or 2 old dependables like Cam and Naismith.Crisis?...total hogwash, just a combination of 4 games into a total new way for this club, not far from a dozen leaving and a dozen players joining, much more than our fair share of injuries, 4 of them being long term, and to many head in the cloud fans who still somehow expected City to be fighting top 6 this season. This is a 2 or 3 year project, its neither a crisis for happy clappers or pant wetters alike, nor more importantly is it for the club. We will do ok to finish mid table this season, i think we can, and i look at a patient 2 or 3 seasons ahead

2 or 3 year project?

I would hate to see the position we are in at the end if this project then. Failure to get promoted this year instantly sees a huge drop in revenue, which would almost certainly lead to us selling more ''assets'' to cover the loss in finance, which leads to a much weaker squad.

In the mean time yet more clubs are brought by overseas investors, who through money around which increases all transfer prices across the league, which means we cannot get Championship level players to replace those that we lose