Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Barnsley takeover

Apparently Barnsley are in talks with some Chinese investors with regards to a takeover.

I wonder how many of their fans are saying we don''t want any foreign investment like a lot of posters do on here!

I think there are 13/14 teams taken over by mega rich owners in this league with just 3 pronotion places

So it remains impossible to guarantee success and it''s never the three biggest spenders that take the prizes

We are well placed.

[quote user="king canary"]Or like the Bournemouth fans did. Or like the Portsmouth fans did. Or like the Leicester fans did.[/quote]Portsmouth ?

Money doesn''t guarantee a thing but it can''t be argued it helps. If this takeover goes through I think our owners would be one of poorest (all relative mind) in this division which makes it difficult to compete without parachute payments. We''ve already seen since January around £30m of player sales go out with only £10m or so reinvested, along with what I''d imagine is a significant trimming of the wage bill.

If we don''t go up this season then we could really see our lack of investment bite.

@Bill

The point I was making is that foreign takeovers can go both well and badly. Whenever a thread like this comes up someone always names an example of where it all went terribly, then someone else has an example of where it went well. Simply covering all the bases.

For every Leicester there is a Portsmouth

For every Blackburn there is a Bournemouth

There is no guarantees, and as already pointed out there are 10+ clubs in the Championship with owners who expect promotion, yet only 3 promotion places.

That doesn''t mean I think we don''t need investment though - each year it will get harder & harder to compete in the Championship. Would be interesting to hear where the board sees us in 5 years time and what the targets are

Ah Barnsley. That well known cultural hub of the North. I suppose I shouldn''t take the micky, Hull got voted City of Culture 2017

Well personally, I would rather we were the perennial underdogs because of lack of resources, than risk foreign investment and the uncertainty it brings.  Money can help, but it is not the answer to everything.  For every extra club that gets a rich owner, the less effect they will have overall - as has been said, there are only three promotion places.

I did wonder when all your threads would start after weds Baldy. Took a while buddy, but well done on finding something to have a go at other posters with 😄

I agree with Kingo. We will now get a game of tennis using clubs where this has gone well and clubs where it hasn''t.

We''ve been successful with our owners so nice that we won''t be a tennis ball....

Threads like this whenever a club is taken over or in talks about a possible takeover are pointless where NCFC are concerned. We will not be selling to investors as the future has already been set with nepotism Tom and the trust fund.

Whether other clubs are successful or not after take overs has absolutely no bearing on our club. I''m enjoying seeing how our new set up matures and hopefully are successful.

Haven''t that lot down the road had their billionaire owner for a few years now. And their success is the benchmark I guess.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Apparently Barnsley are in talks with some Chinese investors with regards to a takeover.

I wonder how many of their fans are saying we don''t want any foreign investment like a lot of posters do on here![/quote]Using Barnsley as a stick to beat our club with is a new low even for Baldy.Who will it be next? "I wish we were Chesterfield"?[:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

This Chinese investment stuff is so overrated.

Im finding signing unknown german players far more interesting and exciting.

A lot of the Chinese investment appears strange - I wonder if eventually the owners of enough clubs will make the decision to create their own "Super League".

There appears little chance of a successful return in owning a club - but break away with established clubs from a number of diverse geographic areas, and there would be a nice return in owning a League. Football based on an NFL model could be attractive to tv, fans, and owners.

A competitive league where all the owners make money.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I did wonder when all your threads would start after weds Baldy. Took a while buddy, but well done on finding something to have a go at other posters with 😄

I agree with Kingo. We will now get a game of tennis using clubs where this has gone well and clubs where it hasn''t.

We''ve been successful with our owners so nice that we won''t be a tennis ball....[/quote]

How the hell is this having a go at other posters? It''s a genuine question, if Barnsley can get investment there is only one reason we can''t and that''s your beloved Delia. Investment is out there if it''s sought properly.

The only person having a go at other posters is you having a go at me Nutty. You don''t like anything being said against Queen Delia do you?

As you always say, show me where I have had a go at other posters?

I asked a genuine question because so many people like yourself don''t seem to want investment for our club because it would take the limelight away from Delia.

Give it two seasons before we are proper skint and Delia will be out with the begging bowl.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Baldyboy"]Apparently Barnsley are in talks with some Chinese investors with regards to a takeover.

I wonder how many of their fans are saying we don''t want any foreign investment like a lot of posters do on here![/quote]Using Barnsley as a stick to beat our club with is a new low even for Baldy.Who will it be next? "I wish we were Chesterfield"?[:''(] [:''(] [:''(][/quote]

And another idiot with an agenda against me! You and Nutty are absolute morons, maybe we should get together face to face and you can tell me exactly what yours and Nigel''s problem is with me? I''m happy to thrash it out over a pint or two

[quote user="pete"]Give it two seasons before we are proper skint and Delia will be out with the begging bowl.[/quote]

Careful Pete, Nutty Nigel will get extremely upset if you say bad things about Queen Delia

Our present owners have recovered the money they''ve loaned the club......I very much doubt that they or any current members of the NCFC board will be shoving their hands deep into their pockets if required in the future. It''s always been about control and ensuring the Smith legacy remains at the helm.......Well Nepotominism, I wish you luck, because when times become tight you and the board sitting alongside you, will certainly all have your work cut out.....

[quote user="Baldyboy"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Baldyboy"]Apparently Barnsley are in talks with some Chinese investors with regards to a takeover.

I wonder how many of their fans are saying we don''t want any foreign investment like a lot of posters do on here![/quote]Using Barnsley as a stick to beat our club with is a new low even for Baldy.Who will it be next? "I wish we were Chesterfield"?[:''(] [:''(] [:''(][/quote]

And another idiot with an agenda against me! You and Nutty are absolute morons, maybe we should get together face to face and you can tell me exactly what yours and Nigel''s problem is with me? I''m happy to thrash it out over a pint or two[/quote]
Do you froth at the mouth and twitch when you post Baldy? That''s the impression I get. 

[quote user="Baldyboy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I did wonder when all your threads would start after weds Baldy. Took a while buddy, but well done on finding something to have a go at other posters with 😄

We''ve been successful with our owners so nice that we won''t be a tennis ball....[/quote]

How the hell is this having a go at other posters? It''s a genuine question, if Barnsley can get investment there is only one reason we can''t and that''s your beloved Delia. Investment is out there if it''s sought properly.

The only person having a go at other posters is you having a go at me Nutty. You don''t like anything being said against Queen Delia do you?

As you always say, show me where I have had a go at other posters?

I asked a genuine question because so many people like yourself don''t seem to want investment for our club because it would take the limelight away from Delia.[/quote]
Your whole opening post was an attack on other posters. 
This post is just a load of random claptrap about how you see other posters.
I try and make allowances, honest, but can''t always...

No it wasn''t! I said how many of Barnsleys fans wouldn''t want the investment, but yet again your personal issue, whatever that is, gets in the way.

Tell me where to meet you on Tuesday and as I say you can actually tell me what this issue is

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Baldyboy"]Apparently Barnsley are in talks with some Chinese investors with regards to a takeover.

Fa cup Semi Finalists who forced a replay 20 years ago.....

Us on the other hand....

;)

[quote user="Baldyboy"]No it wasn''t! I said how many of Barnsleys fans wouldn''t want the investment, but yet again your personal issue, whatever that is, gets in the way.

Tell me where to meet you on Tuesday and as I say you can actually tell me what this issue is[/quote]
[quote user="Baldyboy"]Apparently Barnsley are in talks with some Chinese investors with regards to a takeover. I wonder how many of their fans are saying we don''t want any foreign investment like a lot of posters do on here![/quote]
Baldy. I shall be at the game in a group of 16 of my family. I''d be happy to meet you but I don''t want an angry little bald man near the children. But so you''re aware my issue with you is primarily your anger issues. I try and make allowances, I really do...