Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Norwich 4 - 1 Charlton Highlights

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/carabao-cup/11001280/norwich-4-1-charlton
Murph sounded/looked electric tonight, let''s hope the two goals (and pretty much an assist for the third even if it won''t be counted in the official stats) spur him on in the same way Jacob sparked into form after the Blackburn screamer. 
Trybull''s goal was a beauty, really measured precise finish, it wasn''t a hit and hope, he knew exactly where that ball was going - lovely technique.
Not seen it mentioned anywhere, and didn''t really notice it on commentary but from the highlights it would seem Tettey had a good run out in the first half - seemed to be involved in starting off many of our moves and passing accurately - those who went, is that about right or flattering him?

Agreed, Murphy is full of confidence and looking to beat his full back at every opportunity. He gave their young rb nightmares.

Tettey took 5 mins to get up to speed, but so did the whole of the squad. We were passing dreadfully in first 5 but got together soon after. Tettey was breaking up play and starting the attacks very well by passing it quickly forwards, often out wide to pinto.

Tom trybull really impressed in his late appearance. Albeit a tired Charlton side, he was so energetic off the ball offering a pass at every opportunity. His passing was extremely quick and accurate and the goal was no surprise after seeing his technique prior to that. Looks a really clever player with great technique and also his physique suggests he could run all day long.

Steipermann also looked good but I do find it difficult to work out where his best position is. He isn''t a lb, nor a lm and he doesn''t have the bite to play in cm imo. So he only seems to fit as a lwb when playing 3 across the back I think.

Marley Watkins also looked good tonight, especially in the first half. He was splitting their defence and stretching them apart for our midfielders to exploit. Much like what grabban used to do under Alex Neil as the lone striker.

A good side has goals from everywhere, and that''s exactly what we need, not another striker.

Agree with the comments on Tettey, sounded like he was involved in everything good. Will give Farke some selection headaches I''m sure because I doubt he''ll want to play both Tettey and Reed together

I don''t know about anyone else, but we don''t seem much different from the team from last season. We can score. Can''t defend. Given Farke''s assistant coach, Eddy Reimer, was supposed to be some kind of defensive guru im putting it down to something in the water.. or the cheap players we''re buying...

[quote user="Nuff Said"]We seem to be scoring goals OK without the extra striker people are saying we need to sign.[/quote]

So they should be against charlton reserves