Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

JOSH (the most able of the twins!)

Wonderful to see Josh getting back to his best, which we all know to be very good indeed.

I so hope that this is solely due to his desire to perform for City and nothing to do with being motivated by the sight of his twin brother''s payslip or a gee up from his agent (for the same reason).

Cynical? Perhaps, but this is due to around 50 years of football (and footballers)! I personally believe that Josh is above all that.

We shall see!

Hope you''re right Derby ... and I hope het Farke''ing plays on saturday...which remains to be seen ;-)

Yeah he looked good against a Charlton youth team, so let''s not get carried away.

My main criticism with both Murphys is their lack of ability to integrate. By this I mean they are both very individual players. Despite looking good in games with pacey direct runs and great shooting ability, their inclusion can often cause unbalance that isn''t easily visible.l, and certainly masked by the occasional flash of brilliance.

Ha ha ha! Too funny...

Yes he has a desire to play for City over playing in the PL or for a higher salary! So fans are idiots!

Josh like his brother are Newcastle fans, they have no tie or bond to little Norwich City.

Adeyami is apparently a Norwich fan and still joined Ipswich - that says all you need to know about loyalty, favourite clubs and earning a wage doing there job!

[quote user="some reading fan"]Yeah he looked good against a Charlton youth team, so let''s not get carried away.

My main criticism with both Murphys is their lack of ability to integrate. By this I mean they are both very individual players. Despite looking good in games with pacey direct runs and great shooting ability, their inclusion can often cause unbalance that isn''t easily visible.l, and certainly masked by the occasional flash of brilliance.[/quote]
1) He was also very good against Villa.
2) You are describing ANY winger who uses pace and trickery to beat an opponent.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="some reading fan"]Yeah he looked good against a Charlton youth team, so let''s not get carried away.

My main criticism with both Murphys is their lack of ability to integrate. By this I mean they are both very individual players. Despite looking good in games with pacey direct runs and great shooting ability, their inclusion can often cause unbalance that isn''t easily visible.l, and certainly masked by the occasional flash of brilliance.[/quote]
1) He was also very good against Villa.
2) You are describing ANY winger who uses pace and trickery to beat an opponent.
[/quote]

1. In parts, but again supports the individuality of the player as the team were dire.

2. No I''m not. Giggs prime example, great player both individually and as part of a team.

The days of footballers showing some sort of nostalgic loyalty are long gone. There are big bucks to be made so we enjoy his talent while here, but make no mistake that he will be off when the chequebook is opened. Its just the way things are these days.

I couldnt care less whether a player is putting in good performances because he loves the club or is motivated by the possibility a big transfer aslong as they are performing well. I''d be worried about the ambition of any player who see''s our club as the pinnacle of his playing career in his early 20s.

I''ll bet Jacob Murphy still loves the club. I''m sure Craig Bellamy still loves the club too. Players have careers but hold clubs close to their heart. Terry Allcock still loves Norwich but has a place in his heart for Bolton too. 

I suspect that there is more loyalty to a club like ours by players than there would be to one of the big money clubs.

Within what''s possible in a money driven business I think we do our best to look after our own but ultimately these are young guys who have every right to try and achieve the highest salary they can. That doesn''t mean they are disloyal to the club, we benifit from the moves as well.

As for the Murphy boys, there is very little between them in ability imo, their future success will be down to the quality of the coaching and advice they get, how receptive they are to it and how hard they are prepared to work.

Newcastle fans not too happy with Jacob''s performances so far, hope they don''t get on his back too much.

I never could learn to integrate - differential calculus was one step too far for me - but it wasn''t helped by the fact it was taught by "Bender Bibby" and we were too busy trying to avoid being touched up to concentrate on the lessons.

[quote user="ec-p"]Newcastle fans not too happy with Jacob''s performances so far, hope they don''t get on his back too much.[/quote]It''s a huge club with huge expectations and Jacob, although he had a good season last year, was not the complete article by the end of it - he would have been better staying another season imo.  But it has given Josh the opportunity to make his mark this season and he already looks like he is going to make the most of it!  

I think in raw attacking talent Josh is better, but Jacob showed early last season more all-round ability.  His performances definitely declined as the season went on.  For Josh, he does need to improve his overall game, but thus far this season he''s been our most consistent attacking player.  I hope we now have the coaching staff who can take him forward, unlike before.

Interesting how people can see the same games but form totally different opinions ICF.

For me, Jacob''s end product was unarguably excellent, but his all round game was poor.

Josh seems to be more aware in general, and better defensively. Early days yet though.

That is interesting.  I definitely think Jacob was better all round in the early part of last season, but got significantly worse as the season wore on, so it would depend a bit "which" Jacob you were talking about !  Not yet convinced about Josh defensively this season.  as you say, early days.

[quote user="Ian"]Interesting how people can see the same games but form totally different opinions ICF.

For me, Jacob''s end product was unarguably excellent, but his all round game was poor.

Josh seems to be more aware in general, and better defensively. Early days yet though.[/quote]

Agree with this Ian.