Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Rotation Policy

LDC, love your enthusiasm, but don''t be so soft.

Yes, theoretically Norwich could win the League Cup - but the chances are tiny.

Attempting to win the League Cup could also diminish the chances of gaining promotion. A far more feasible, and rewarding, goal.

I get the desire to support Farke and support what he is doing. But doing so blindly helps no one. Norwich have a real injury problem at the moment, that is undeniable, so the selection last night should have been made with that as the primary concern.

I don''t think Wes is the real issue here, as I don''t think we will see him start games away from home too often. He is most useful coming off the bench against teams trying to hold a lead. What is worrying is playing both Watkins and Murphy when they will be needed to cover Nelson and Jerome while they are out. Also protecting defenders, where the team is at its thinnest should have been prioritised, not pushing a recovering Pinto and visibly tired Franke into an unnecessary game.

Hopefully Norwich can get a positive result at Milwall this weekend, certainly not an easy place to go and their results have been hiding some good performances, and then the players will be able to recover over the international break.

I''d expect to see both Wes and Maddison on Saturday despite both playing last night -- simply because of the upcoming international break. 

But for all the kids who could get tkts last night it was great for them to see the Wes mastershow.☺

Anyway, I''m a great fan of the rotation of the earth. It really makes my day.....

And a class how not to do it from Naismith, why oh why won''t he shoot when he gets the ball on the edge of the box?

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]I''d expect to see both Wes and Maddison on Saturday despite both playing last night -- simply because of the upcoming international break. [/quote]Won''t Wes be away on International duty?

The international break is from Monday 28th, with the final internationals of the break (including the RofI) being played on Tuesday 5th. So Wes will be available for the Millwall game and, in theory, the Birmingham game.

Now we''re talking about winning the League cup... To be truthfull...I think I would just about prefer getting promoted at Wembley like we did a few years ago... Anyone else feel the same (I have already read Betnal does ...) ?

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]The international break is from Monday 28th, with the final internationals of the break (including the RofI) being played on Tuesday 5th. So Wes will be available for the Millwall game and, in theory, the Birmingham game.[/quote]So what you''re saying is then that he won''t exactly be at home with his feet up getting some rest and between the Millwall & Birmingham games he could potentially play 2 games for RofI.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="westcoastcanary"]The international break is from Monday 28th, with the final internationals of the break (including the RofI) being played on Tuesday 5th. So Wes will be available for the Millwall game and, in theory, the Birmingham game.[/quote]So what you''re saying is then that he won''t exactly be at home with his feet up getting some rest and between the Millwall & Birmingham games he could potentially play 2 games for RofI.[/quote]That''s why I said he will be available "in theory" for the Birmingham game. Whether he will be considered a starter against Birmingham will likely depend on the degree of his involvement for the RofI. But the point I was making originally was about him playing last night and on Saturday, not about him playing against Birmingham two weeks later as well.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]LDC, love your enthusiasm, but don''t be so soft.

Yes, theoretically Norwich could win the League Cup - but the chances are tiny.

Attempting to win the League Cup could also diminish the chances of gaining promotion. A far more feasible, and rewarding, goal.

I get the desire to support Farke and support what he is doing. But doing so blindly helps no one. Norwich have a real injury problem at the moment, that is undeniable, so the selection last night should have been made with that as the primary concern.

I don''t think Wes is the real issue here, as I don''t think we will see him start games away from home too often. He is most useful coming off the bench against teams trying to hold a lead. What is worrying is playing both Watkins and Murphy when they will be needed to cover Nelson and Jerome while they are out. Also protecting defenders, where the team is at its thinnest should have been prioritised, not pushing a recovering Pinto and visibly tired Franke into an unnecessary game.

Hopefully Norwich can get a positive result at Milwall this weekend, certainly not an easy place to go and their results have been hiding some good performances, and then the players will be able to recover over the international break.[/quote]

Wes is never most useful coming off the bench Bethnal. if you think that you can''t have watched us much in the last few years. he always performs a lot better when he starts and he absolutely should be starting plenty of games away from home including Saturday,

TLDR...All I will say is this... We play two league matches a week, most weeks.Players are fit enough to do it, so there''s no reason they can''t be involved on Saturday. But if Farke doesn''t want to involve them, fine. He''ll soon learn that fans won''t be impressed by that (unless we win games).

You have to have dreams as a fan and sometimes dreams come true (leicester for instance).  The opposite is to believe your team will never win  anything......where is the fun in that??    We can win the League Cup - it''s about time a championship club won it.......or shall we just roll over and say "well we''re not going to win the cup, so what''s the point in trying?"[:(]

[quote user="Making Plans"]Which of course brings us back to the very first post in this thread.[/quote]Actually no. My point was specifically replying to posters apparently assuming Wes was unlikely to play against Millwall because he played last night (i.e. failing to take account of the international break).

We may not win the cup......but I''d like to see how far we get in the competition which will give the majority of the squad valuable game time.....

I think MP is saying we shouldn''t have played him yesterday in order to keep him fit for ROI games in the international break.....

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Lakey believes in unicorns and the tooth fairy too[/quote]

Yeah, I believe in winning cups too, like I believed in 1985.  It can happen, you just have to believe it can.....

Come on, you can''t honestly think that. The fact of the matter is that we need to be concentrating on the league and should be resting players like Wes with the view of keeping him fresh. He''s still one of our best players.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Come on, you can''t honestly think that. The fact of the matter is that we need to be concentrating on the league and should be resting players like Wes with the view of keeping him fresh. He''s still one of our best players.[/quote]I do think that.  Doing well in the cup didn''t stop Huddersfield last season. The fact is that if the focus is one hundred percent on winning every match, there is a single mindedness there that is good for a club.  The moment you start picking and choosing which matches you try hard in, you lose your overall winning mentality. 100% to win every match should be the aim right through the season, whatever the competition.  It''s good for us as fans too - we know that we will be going out to win.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Personally would have prefered to see Wes start last Saturday at Villa, certainly nothing wrong with his fitness levels last night.
[/quote]

I would have preferred to have Wes starting last Saturday, but I''m not sure how practical that would have been after he started against QPR just over 60 hours previously.  But I''d definitely prefer to have him rested for this game so he could start on Saturday against Millwall, there''s no way Wes needs the game time !

If Pinto & Wes don''t start against Millwall because they played against Charlton then you would have to question what exactly our targets are this year...

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]If Pinto & Wes don''t start against Millwall because they played against Charlton then you would have to question what exactly our targets are this year...[/quote]

You would have to question the coach... Wes has to play Saturday as does Pinto and Nelson (if fit).

Naismith on the other hand should never play for us again even if really fit and raring to go... complete waste of £8m plus £40k a week.

I''d be interested to hear if anyone who went to the game on Tuesday would have preferred if Wes  and Maddy hadn''t played?

Being in attendance Tuesday I was selfishly pleased to see them play, and some of the new signings too.

Had I not been there, I would have still liked us to field the strongest team possible to acheive a victory and progress further in the competition for the benefit of our club.