Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Where's the money gone ?

Some of these players must be on serious money. Going back to messrs Brady and Ollsson has anybody worked out what are net profit is ? We have gates of 26,000 of which the money of at least 23,000 is ours, how do clubs like Barnsley survive! I struggle to work out how we''re constantly being told we''re broke.

Do you reckon it''s anything to do with players being on massive wages compared to, say, Barnsley?

Or maybe even the club preparing for a huge drop in revenue next season, if we don''t go up?

[quote user="CANARYKING"]has anybody worked out what are net profit is ?[/quote]There''s nobody to do it since the C.G.F.P.A''s went bust. [:''(]

Massive financial mismanagement has seen us signing 4th division Germans.

Cod goujons instead of scampi is yet another example

The football is awful

The club is going to the dogs under the stowmarket 2

[quote user="Herman"]If they''re anything like me then it will be on drugs and hookers.[/quote]I''m the same Herman, I spend 80% of my income on them. The rest I just squander. [:S]

It''s not gone to Delias purse but the fact there is nothing coming out of delias purse is why the future is going to be very difficult. As I''ve said before, Evans may not put much or anything into the scum but he does pick up their debt which enables them to run at a significant loss most seasons. Since our owners won''t do this (not saying they should by the way if they can''t afford to) then our bedget is indeed likely to be even smaller than the scums once the parachute payments are no longer a factor.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]our bedget is indeed likely to be even smaller than the scums once the parachute payments are no longer a factor.[/quote]The last season without parachute payments our turnover was £23m (2010/11) so it will be close to £30m now with inflation.The binners last set of accounts showed turnover at £16m.I think you''ve picked the wrong club to use as a stick to beat our club with Jim.

That can''t be right can it? Where''s all the money their rich hinvestor is piling in? That sounds more like prudence with prudence.....

The Pinkun said that at the end of last season our wage bill was £34million. Not sure if that''s the total, or just for the playing staff.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It''s not gone to Delias purse but the fact there is nothing coming out of delias purse is why the future is going to be very difficult. As I''ve said before, Evans may not put much or anything into the scum but he does pick up their debt which enables them to run at a significant loss most seasons. Since our owners won''t do this (not saying they should by the way if they can''t afford to) then our bedget is indeed likely to be even smaller than the scums once the parachute payments are no longer a factor.[/quote]

Mr Evans is no saint! The vast bulk of their debt is unpaid interest accruing on a debt owed to him. That interest will only ever be paid if they are promoted

Ess awl bin spent on them blasted Yurpeens we jus bort. I thort we went un puld owt Neyal? Wot a wairst ovabloomin vote wunnit.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]The Pinkun said that at the end of last season our wage bill was £34million. Not sure if that''s the total, or just for the playing staff.[/quote]

Or for our star waster Naismith

In footballing terms Delia is potless. Her net wealth doesn''t amount to much and wouldn''t get us much further.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 25/08/2017 5:16 PM:

Serious question Jimbo - is there anything you do like about Norwich City?

What''s does his opinion of the owners have to do with his support of the club? By your reasoning Newcastle fans must really hate their club

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It''s not gone to Delias purse but the fact there is nothing coming out of delias purse is why the future is going to be very difficult. As I''ve said before, Evans may not put much or anything into the scum but he does pick up their debt which enables them to run at a significant loss most seasons. Since our owners won''t do this (not saying they should by the way if they can''t afford to) then our bedget is indeed likely to be even smaller than the scums once the parachute payments are no longer a factor.[/quote]So if he is financing the debt with his wealth he is putting nothing in ?  No wonder our country is screwed with views like that.

Even Man utd have over like £500m debt.

All succesful clubs have debt in atleast the £20m range. Unfortunately our club doesnt have any real ambition and are more concerned about keeping Delia''s bank account afloat.

That doesn''t make sense JF. I didn''t say his opinion about the owners did. That reasoning was your reasoning so maybe you should answer your own question.

I asked Jimbo the question because he complains about everything to do with Norwich City. Not just the owners. I really would be interested if you''re about Jimbo?

Is it getting into debt that makes these clubs successful, Merv, or is it that their creditors are more willing to tolerate the debt because they are successful? Also, what are these clubs'' annual turnover compared to ours?

Maybe the board want us to continue to be ''debt free''?......That way they don''t have to put their hands into their ever so deep pockets?.......