Sign in to follow this  
Alan

Doherty "outstanding"

I have just read a match report on the Cobblers Mad site which said Doherty was outstanding and gave him 9 out of 10 against an average of about 7.
Their average for Northamption players was about 6.

[quote]I have just read a match report on the Cobblers Mad site which said Doherty was outstanding and gave him 9 out of 10 against an average of about 7. Their average for Northamption players was about 6.[/quote]

We given his size and colour of his hair he was hardly going to fade into the background was he?

Good to see that his performance was appreciated and supports comments I have heard over the last couple of games.

Lets hope Dave can keep it going for a good run.

OTBC

[quote]I have just read a match report on the Cobblers Mad site which said Doherty was outstanding and gave him 9 out of 10 against an average of about 7. Their average for Northamption players was about 6.[/quote]

We given his size and colour of his hair he was hardly going to fade into the background was he?

Good to see that his performance was appreciated and supports comments I have heard over the last couple of games.

Lets hope Dave can keep it going for a good run.

OTBC

[quote]Zipper LF - am I being stupid but just who is Dave and what has he got to do with Gary Doherty?[/quote]

Another of the ginger peles nicknames - from the spurs guys and rumoured but not yet verified to be linked to only fools and horses rodney aka dave..

OTBC 

[quote]Doherty + Flem = Very dodgy Doherty + anyone else = Amazing Coincidence?[/quote]

A very interesting Canary Call last night really got me thinking:

Right When flemming and Doherty play Doherty has to play on the left side, therefore bringing his left side into action more, wheras when playing with shackell he is pushed to the right side. Last night he was on the right and he played his best game in ages for us, against ippo he was on the right and again played a good game

conicidence? i think not!

Doherty to partner shacks at the back!

I think it is important for the longer term balance of the team that The Doc does come good, and it seems that playing on the right side could be the answer for him.

I wish posters would make up their minds about the Ginger Pele - I mean, is he crap, or is he great?

You fickle people make me MAD, but then again it does add some interest to the Board.
Yes, I LIKE fickle people - for now - until they say something I don''t like (but maybe I''ll like it tomorrow...). Oh God, I''m just not sure.

I''m going for a lie down, in the meantime,"One Ginger Pele, there''s only one..." etc. etc. etc.

[quote]I wish posters would make up their minds about the Ginger Pele - I mean, is he crap, or is he great? You fickle people make me MAD, but then again it does add some interest to the Board. Yes, I LIKE ...[/quote]

Fans are fickle but I have been calling for him to be given a true chance for some while.  

People slated his performance agains coventry when it was defensively sound except for a rash of 3 fouls conceeded in the second half just outside the box.  The rest of his performance was overlooked.  He has been a bigger unjustified scapegoat than Flem ever was.

Doc/Dave/Giger pele will never be a world beater but he has always looked a more capable defender than Flem yet was the one dropped after the rovers game last season.  If he can remove the clumsiness from his play (which I think stems from a lackof confidence) he could become a true asset - the only way we will know is if he is given an extended run.   

He is as likely to prove me wrong as right but at least he looks like he will now get his chances to show us either way.

OTBC

I agree, I posted last week that his best performances came when he got a run of 6, or 7 games earlier this year (when we had a good spell in the Prem). I think he''s got a lot to offer.