Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Jarvis out till Febuary

Yeah but he had one good game on loan and all the money and wages we spent was worth it to free up to loan spot for Patrick Bamford so...

I feel for the guy, he doesnt want to be injured i''m sure. But it is hardly like the club wouldnt have known about his injury record in the past. Hopefully the days of us wasting money on injury prone players are behind us.

Just out of curiosity how long is his contact?

Shame. Think if he''d stayed fit he''d have been a good option, particularly at this level.

[quote user="hogesar"]Shame. Think if he''d stayed fit he''d have been a good option, particularly at this level.[/quote]To be fair I have seen very little that would support this theory.

I dont think thats very fair Making Plans, he is a player with talent, was an undoubted premier league quality player at Wolves, hence the England call up and 10m price tag. However I just dont think we''ll ever see that talent as he''ll never be free enough from injury to ever get up to speed especially as he''s now in his 30s.

Was a bad mistake by the club using resources on him as he''d already got a history of injury problems.

Two possibilities here. One Jarvis is deliberately injured to pee off the fans. Or two there''s some rum''n'' ol'' fans post on here.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I dont think thats very fair Making Plans, he is a player with talent, was an undoubted premier league quality player at Wolves, hence the England call up and 10m price tag.[/quote]Maybe then but less so while he was at W Ham & certainly not since he arrived here (I''ll give that he did play well in one isolated game).

I''d get sacked if I claimed this much sick pay...

[quote user="AJ"]I''d get sacked if I claimed this much sick pay...[/quote]
Do you not think that the players all have insurance which  sure covers them for long term injuries & loss of wages maybe?

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I feel for the guy, he doesnt want to be injured i''m sure. But it is hardly like the club wouldnt have known about his injury record in the past. Hopefully the days of us wasting money on injury prone players are behind us.

Just out of curiosity how long is his contact?[/quote]May 2019 [:''(]

They still go to work! Its a lonely old life at Colney with the physio for company. Out of choice i''m sure he''d be training with the first team. With the changes he won''t even know half the squad. I saw Matt Jarvis at Colney last October during the international break. I felt sorry for him.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 26/08/2017 12:01

. I saw Matt Jarvis at Colney last October during the international break. I felt sorry for him.

After reading that statement I have a newfound sympathy for jarvis too! 😉

Sorry NN, you set that up too well to resist.

That another blow as he would have been a very useful addition at this level. It''s Hard to see where his career goes from here

Making Plans: "To be fair I have seen very little that would support this theory."

To be completely fair, we''ve seen very little to argue against either!

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I feel for the guy, he doesnt want to be injured i''m sure. But it is hardly like the club wouldnt have known about his injury record in the past.[/quote]I thought I''d already cleared this nonsense up on a previous Jarvis thread, but clearly not, please see below:[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Really?Can you please explain how a regular sick note makes the following apps each season:04/05 - 3005/06 - 3506/07 - 3507/08 - 2808/09 - 2909/10 - 3710/11 - 4111/12 - 3912/13 - 3613/14 - 3514/15 - 1315/16 - 2916/17 - 4Average = 30So

over the past 13 seasons, he''s almost consistently played 30+ games a

season, with only 2 seasons being significantly lower than this - 14/15

where he was out for nearly 2 months with a hamstring injury (and then

had fallen somewhat out of favour), and 16/17 with us where had both a

long term knee injury followed by a bad hamstring injury.Yes,

he''s been somewhat of a sicknote for us sadly, but someone who plays 30+

games a season consistently cannot be described as being a regular sick

note.[/quote]

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="AJ"]I''d get sacked if I claimed this much sick pay...[/quote]
Do you not think that the players all have insurance which  sure covers them for long term injuries & loss of wages maybe?
[/quote]

Well of course, what I said was in jest. I don''t think he''ll ever play for us again anyway

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Diane"][quote user="AJ"]I''d get sacked if I claimed this much sick pay...[/quote]
[/quote]

Well of course, what I said was in jest. I don''t think he''ll ever play for us again anyway[/quote]

Hindsight is a brilliant thing and if I recall there weren''t too many arguments about us signing him on a permanent. He''s been incredibly unlucky with injuries and could''ve been a big player for us but unfortunately I reckon that''s his career finished.

@Indy

That ''29'' is a tad misleading. It''s bulked out by a bunch of Europa League qualifiers in July for West Ham, he still missed a solid 2/3 months due to injury that season.

[quote user="king canary"]@Indy

That ''29'' is a tad misleading. It''s bulked out by a bunch of Europa League qualifiers in July for West Ham, he still missed a solid 2/3 months due to injury that season.[/quote]How can it be misleading KC?Those are the apps he made that season, regardless of them being in league, cup, or European games, he still played in 29 matches, and even if we took those 5 European games out, his average is still nearly the same, and it still shows that he hasn''t been a permanent sick note over his career and making only a handful of apps a season.