Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Match thread

We knew our defense needed strengthening. Now 8 goals shipped in in two championship games, against two teams NOT playing well.

This is a major embarrassment. How much did we pay for Husband??? Needs dropping and never playing again. Stieperman from here on in please

The tragic thing is that our squad only needed a new proven manager and to sign twocgood cbs from last year and we would be up there at the top. Instead we got rid of good players and failed to invest and signed kids and unproven lower league players- and now we look so soft. Relegation is not a joke but looking highly likely with this defence

Excellent and we''re now in the bottom three.

Many said give it ten games. By then we''ll be bottom and have the worst goal difference

[quote user="Capt. Pants"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Gunn

Pinto

Martin

Franke

Husband

Reed

Vrancic

Murphy

Maddison

Wes

Oliveria[/quote]Ooh. And not in a confident way. I hope that line-up works, but I suspect I shall be following the minute-by-minute from behind a sofa...[/quote]Have now lined up both the sofas and am cowering behind...[/quote]I''m off to DFS to see if I can another in the sale.[/quote]I have now piled up some chairs and a couple of parasols[um] from the garden and am lying with a towel round my head...[co]

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"][quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Budapest Canary"]Let''s focus on positives: we have 71 per cent possession![/quote]25% of that was picking the ball out of the back of the net[/quote]

Don''t be sop negative. Possession increased to 74-24 without conceding a single goal in the meantime. Pure class.[/quote]

Who had the other 2%?[/quote]Good question. Barcelona?  [:)]

Simple maths.

1.Inexperienced Manager with Inexperienced players = headless chickens.

2.Experienced Manager with Inexperienced players = improved players.

We have (1) plus lack of reinvestment = league 1/2.

Championship requires investment and lots of it.

Sorry but Farke has got it completely wrong against Villa and now Millwall.

Gut may have to be a genius to turn this one round. Drop Husband for a start. Might instill some balance on left side

[quote user="dibbler"]Simple maths.

1.Inexperienced Manager with Inexperienced players = headless chickens.

2.Experienced Manager with Inexperienced players = improved players.

We have (1) plus lack of reinvestment = league 1/2.

Championship requires investment and lots of it.[/quote]

Yep the championship is a different animal than it was a few years ago. Investment is very much needed just to stay in this league now.

So when they said "work in progress...be patient " this is what they meant?

Crikey...

Hope the eventual highs are suitable compensation for the forbearance this is demanding

I''m surprised we''ve conceded four against any team in this division, let alone two teams in the bottom three at start of play.

Very concerning...

[quote user="CANARYKING"]BBC saying Millwall have had 5 shots in total, 4 gone in.[/quote]

Maybe somebody told Farke that possession wins games and he has taken that literally.

We are only 3 points away from 8th...but two points from League One.

We have conceded 12 goals in 5 games and only scored 3.We have conceded 4 goals twice in 8 days against teams that we''re in the bottom 3 or 4 of the league before we played them.We have played most of our best players in League Cup games but not in all league games.On top of that our substitions have been bizaar to say thye least.The Manger is obviously completely out of his depth & needs to go before we play again.I doubt if he''s got it in him to turn this around.

As Mark Clemmit has just very eloquently pointed out on BBC''s Final Score - which you can watch via the play icon at the top of this page - Norwich have had a whopping 70.7% possession but still find themselves 4-0 down.

It''s not how much ball you have, it''s how you use it!

I don''t think you could make those stats up if you tried. Shows how awful we are at defending, and also shows how awful we are at doing anything productive with the ball. It clearly isn''t working.

The positives are:

70% possession

Hopefully we never see Husband again. Stieperman looks much better at LB

Zimmerman & Klose surely can''t be any worse next game

[quote user="Samwam27"]Sorry but Farke has got it completely wrong against Villa and now Millwall.

Gut may have to be a genius to turn this one round. Drop Husband for a start. Might instill some balance on left side[/quote]Farke has got to drop Martin and Husband and may be consider a 4-4-2 with out & out wingers.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Like that team👍They''ll have to be up for a scrap though. I thought there was more steel about the U23s last night, first team will need that today.

OTBC[/quote]
Back to this. Worthy always said the team have to earn the right to play their football. Seems like there was no steel and no battles won. That''s not about ability. It''s about attitude. It''s arrogant in the extreme to turn up like big time Charlies and expect to win because you''re better players. The defence will get the blame but the battles needed to be won all over the pitch.
Maybe it is time to shake them up and play some kids.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]72% possession.

4-0 down.

WTF?[/quote]

That has to be some kind of record

Has any other team ever had so much possession concede 4 and scored none

[quote user="Samwam27"]The positives are:

70% possession

Hopefully we never see Husband again. Stieperman looks much better at LB

Zimmerman & Klose surely can''t be any worse next game[/quote]
Has to be Pinto, Zimmerman, Klose and Stiepermann for Birmingham. Any other lineup across the back and we''ll get embarrassed again.

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="Samwam27"]Sorry but Farke has got it completely wrong against Villa and now Millwall.

Gut may have to be a genius to turn this one round. Drop Husband for a start. Might instill some balance on left side[/quote]Farke has got to drop Martin and Husband and may be consider a 4-4-2 with out & out wingers.[/quote]Won''t be going 2 up to but I can certainly see a back 3 of Franke, Zimmermann and Klose with Pinto and Stieperman at wing back from now on.

If you speak to almost any opposition fan and ask them about Norwich as a club in general you''ll get an answer along the lines of ''nice, tippy tappy football but a soft touch and poor defence''

Thats''s been the case under pretty much every manager I can remember from 2004 onwards with the exception of Lambert. Every successful team now is loaded full of pace and power, strong players who can hold only the ball and break quickly, we seem intent on trying to build an identity on passing the ball along the ground.

I''m not sure it''s going to work for us. Every team outside the top 7 in the PL is full of big, fast, powerful players and they get the ball forwards in the blink of an eye, we''re literally the opposite of that. I wonder if it comes from Webber or what the board considers the Norwich way? hmmm

Burnley beat Liverpool 2-0 with Liverpool enjoying 80.6% possession over the 90 minutes.

Celtic, of course, beat Barca with just 16% possession