Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Match thread

Gunn should have done better, but woeful defending again - everyone backed off!

3-0 Delia Smith is taking us back to league 1 🎉🎉

Can''t decide whether this is worse than under AN or not...

It''s clear what we''re trying to do and there''s a sound logic to it but we''re still struggling with the basics so badly and as has been the case under pretty much every manager we''ve had it also looks like we really don''t like a tackle under Farke either. Our final ball has also been woeful as it usually is.

Millwall, like pretty much every other team we''ve faced this year are much stronger and faster than us, looks like an u23 side facing a senior side, 3-0 now.

We''ve got some pretty glaring fatal flaws that we just don''t seem capable of fixing.

We are total pish.

Playing just one flair player (Hoolahan) is a risk at Millwall. Playing 3 in midfield is suicide.

This is on Farke, who I suspect will accept the blame, as he seems a stand-up guy. He better start learning fast however.

Our forward play and options are fine but however good you are going forward it gets undermined if you cannot defend and ship goals from basic attacking plays.

There has been a massive amount of premature patting on the back for Webber and co but the truth is they have signed a load of s**t at the back and we are defending like it. Martin was a busted flush two years ago but is still starting and is captain for gods sake. You couldn''t make it up and if they do not spend some decent money on a defender or two before the deadline then both Webber and our ambitionless owners who are dragging us down can go forth and multiply as far as I''m concerned.

Great first half performance lads, defending with bodies etc and really fighting for it!

Ps it was massively, massiveky obvious that Tettey needed to start today alongside Reed to give us some solidity.

7 goals conceded in 2 games. Things aren''t exactly improving are they...

Funny how so many fans raved at the singing of players such as Vrancic and Franke whilst supported selling the likes of Howson and Dorrans, who many believed to be average championship players.

These new signings are so poor it''s nigh on not believable.

We had a more ham capable squad, then ripped it shreds. Disgraceful.

Without serious investment in this defence we are going down.

It doesn''t matter what styles you adopt or what you are trying to achieve if the players are not good enough. And I don''t think our defenders are anywhere near good enough

Martin lost it at least two seasons ago- why keep him as captain - on what merit? Husband was third choice at boro for a reason and The Germans are way off champ standard. It''s woeful and so predictable

This board has lost the plot but won''t stand aside.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Today is a must win game for me if we are going to get anything out of the season

The Den is never a easy place to go but we have to start showing we mean business if we are going to have a good season

A attacking line up only one i would change is R Martin ever time he has started a game this season we have let in goals[/quote]

In a nutshell - someone crock Martin please!

Webber is to blame,he hoodwinked the board and they fell for it,thought he just had to copy what he did at Hudderfield and everything would be fine. FAIL!!

We''ve signed players that are shite at the back.... can we afford to sign more now that they aren''t working out? If so, what happens to the new ones we''ve just signed? Absolute shambles.

I''m firmly in the "give it time" camp but this is much worse than I thought and really quite disturbing. I believe we already have the leakiest defence in the division, having known it has been poor for three years.

I would pay husband off now. F**king useless and nobody else would pay anything for him. Martin needs to go. Franke ain''t up to it. Pinto not having the greatest game. Reed anonymous again, vrancic looks a shell of the player we had in preseason, Madison looks lightweight, Murphy started bright and don''t think has touched the ball for 30mins. Hooligan having one of his run round in circles til he loses it days, Oliviera very isolated and barely touched the ball and when he has he has given it away largely.

This isn''t a bad day at the office, this is on the back of the villa game. One is a bad day, two in a row is a harbinger of doom. We are in real trouble.

I''m all for patience but for that to hold up Farke and Webber have to give us something back even when we lose. Some sign of progress. A good display but losing one nil. Getting carved open by two teams who haven''t won a game yet, in consecutive weeks is just not acceptable.

[quote user="City 2nd"]king canary wrote the following post at 2017-08-26 7:20 PM:

Honestly I know it is early in the season but we''ve surely got to be asking questions of Farke? What the *** were we doing in training all summer to look this defensively poor this season?

We seem to have got worse at the back somehow.

How can anyone be surprised when Martin is played week after week. He was poor last season, this season he is more than poor!

He cannot defend the high ball at all, he cannot jump, he has no pace, Farke tried to cover him, and Gregory goes clean through. Even his colleagues don''t trust him![/quote]

A nd another - spot on!