Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Match thread

Like that team👍They''ll have to be up for a scrap though. I thought there was more steel about the U23s last night, first team will need that today.

OTBC

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Gunn

Pinto

Martin

Franke

Husband

Reed

Vrancic

Murphy

Maddison

Wes

Oliveria[/quote]Ooh. And not in a confident way. I hope that line-up works, but I suspect I shall be following the minute-by-minute from behind a sofa...

Today is a must win game for me if we are going to get anything out of the season

The Den is never a easy place to go but we have to start showing we mean business if we are going to have a good season

A attacking line up only one i would change is R Martin ever time he has started a game this season we have let in goals

Can''t believe Wes is lining up today with a roller skate on one leg and splints. What a trooper...

Agreed Bristol. Played very well against Charlton and the need for a bit of steel in front of that defence away at Millwall would have suited Tetty more than Vrancic.

Probably end up nil nil after saying all that. 😛

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]Wes not his usual speedy athletic self in the warm up[/quote]He needs an injection of pace. [;)]

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Gunn

Pinto

Martin

Franke

Husband

Reed

Vrancic

Murphy

Maddison

Wes

Oliveria[/quote]Where do you get 4-2-3-1 from? It''s a 4-1-4-1.Would''ve preferred Stiepermann at LB and Zimmermann CB instead of Martin.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]I would like to have seen Tetty of Trybull in place of Vrancic to shore up the defense.[/quote]

This. Conceding has been the major issue so far. An extra man in there to protect an unconfident back 4 would''ve been my thoughts.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]I would like to have seen Tetty of Trybull in place of Vrancic to shore up the defense.[/quote]Agreed, so let''s hope Vrancic justifies his place. 

[quote user="bristolcanary"]I would like to have seen Tetty of Trybull in place of Vrancic to shore up the defense.[/quote]It''s a 4-1-4-1 and Vrancic is the central defending midfielder within it -- with Maddison being the central attacking midfielder.Hoolahan on the right-flank is the real puzzler.

@Jools

Not really- Wes comes inside quite a lot, it isn''t a very rigid formation. Reed and maybe Vranic are the only players who really stay in set positions in this midfield set up.

Anyone else having trouble with Canary Player/iFollow? It didn''t recognise my email address despite having had an account for years and now I get a server down message.

[quote user="king canary"]@Jools

Not really- Wes comes inside quite a lot, it isn''t a very rigid formation. Reed and maybe Vranic are the only players who really stay in set positions in this midfield set up.[/quote]Yes, I think we''d be better off with an out and out winger in said position.

Wonder if having Tettey in there would have stopped that one going in...