Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Stuart Dallas

According to some twitter reports, we are interested in Leeds winger Stuart Dallas.

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]Latest reports on Twitter from Yorkshire Evening Post suggest it is a done deal subject to medical[/quote]Ignore that - someone has set up fake twitter account of Phil Hay reporter at Yorkshire Evening Post - sorry!

Dont think it''s a fake account Hagerdoo, he''s got 118k followers

Presume you mean this one - Phil Hay@PhilHayYEP

[quote user="Diane"]Dont think it''s a fake account Hagerdoo, he''s got 118k followers

Presume you mean this one - Phil Hay@PhilHayYEP[/quote]Hi Diane - no someone set up a fake one - PhiilHayYEP (has two i''s in) - looks the same - fooled me unfortunately

Thought i remembered him being good somewhere and you''re right, was Brentford. Not seen much of him mentioned since Leeds

Cautious about this. By no means a mug and 1.5 m transfer fee a couple of years ago is a respectable sum. That said he has been injured of late and out of the Leeds line up hence the caution. When fit probably be best winger at our club other than murphy

Definite change in who we are likely to buy. Not 12 months ago and we were paying big sums. This is going to be the way forward now. Let''s hope we can keep the accounts in the black and be successful.

Not over excited but then again I only get worked up nowadays if it''s a complete unknown from the lower German leagues .... more of a surprise package.

We used to sign recognised stars from Leeds using a certain amount of financial clout whilst they were going through harder times.

This signing, if it comes about, would illustrate well the fluctuations of fortune that consistently take place in the game.

He might be useful though, but why would he want to leave Leeds?

Because he has just seen the major reason why Leeds were so successful, last season, disappear to the Prem, and can see the revolution that is happening here?

[quote user="Time to go Delia"]Well Leeds want Olivera so I''m sure a deal can be done where Delia pockets a few more million .[/quote]Slander or libel? Which is the correct term?

Why the heck would we need Dallas? Im sure we about done anyway, but if there was time for one more to come in, more likely would be a defender As for Oliveira, im sure Leeds would love him, but its not going to happen, hes happy here, hes essential to us, we would never find a replacement by Thursday next week, plus hes called up for the Portugal squad.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Cautious about this. By no means a mug and 1.5 m transfer fee a couple of years ago is a respectable sum. That said he has been injured of late and out of the Leeds line up hence the caution. When fit probably be best winger at our club other than murphy[/quote]He''s played a lot this month for an injured player -- both EFL matches and 3 Championship games in between. If he can do that while injured (including scoring once) he sounds a useful kind of guy. Why would we need him? Because Murphy is being groomed for a more central attacking role (real potential there as Parma has frequently pointed out)?

I''d rather have Larry Hagman. He was a meanie after all.

(Cliff Barnes once patted my dog at a motorway service station whilst they were shooting that scene. He said, "Aw gee look at the little dog."

I watched the episode but they had cut the clip. My requests for a fee went unanswered.)

I wouldn''t say Josh has had a ''blistering start'' to the season. He''s had a blistering last couple of games; before those two he was looking off the pace.As to why we''d be contemplating another winger though when we could do with another proper striker and fullback cover then I''m somewhat mystified. Though if it does happen then I guess it''ll keep up some of the strange overbuying in certain positions that''s gone on here for the past few seasons.