Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Two Months of LeoVegas.

Until society chnges and people are put before makng money, gambling companies aren''t going to change much.  They are legal businesses and out to make money and so difficult to stop them pursuing what they do.  There doesn''t seem much moral compass in a lot of business these days, particularly big business.   I''m of the generation that thinks that companies should look after their long term customers as well as their new customers, but that doesn''t happen for the same reason as with gambling companies - those at the top of the companies don''t care. The policy is to scr-ew people for as much money as possible and only give something back when abslutely forced to - and then only give token lip service at that.    Along with gambling companies, you can add mobile phone companies, the AA, banks, power companies, railway companies and probably a lot more - they would say they are pursuing their business to make a profit - but there is no morality left in the way they do that.  It has all become fairly faceless pursuit of money, run for those in power, through computers which make their morally bankrupt policies easy to impliment and where very few people actually have any real responsibility to acting to look after their customers.   They get away with what they can and there is little or no regard paid to people who can''t cope.  I guess they would say people who have a problem that it''s "collateral damage" but to most ordinary people it is a plain lack of morality.

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 01/09/2017 9:39 AM:

" Business owners want to make profit shocker "

Yep indeed, Bookmakers target vunerable people to increase profits shocker.

I am sorry but I do find the objections to buying a shirt etc because it has our current sponsors logo on it quite remarkable.
If we assumed that posture totally we wouldn''t use banks, supermarkets, Primark, etc who all target or avail themselves of vulnerable people.
So why target this particular moral issue?