Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

How Many Points From First 10 Games?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Pure speculation as the squad is not finalised as far as signings are concerned.[/quote]

It would still be pure speculation even if we had a fully finalised squad - we''re still guessing :)

FWIW I agree with many on here, I''m expecting a slow start, so I think we could have 10-15

Fulham ---loss

Sunderland---- draw

QPR --- Draw

Aston Villa--- Loss

Millwall --- Win

Birmingham--- Draw

Burton -- Win

Middlesboro -- Loss

Reading -- Loss

Hull -- Draw

Can''t see more than 10 points from the first ten, major changes will take time to get used to the English championship.

Be happy with 10 + from the first ten.

Fulham ---loss

Sunderland---- draw

QPR --- Win

Aston Villa--- Draw

Millwall --- Win

Birmingham--- Win

Burton -- Win

Middlesboro -- Loss

Reading -- Win

Hull -- Draw

Slow start but I think we will surprise a few in the first ten games.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]6[/quote]Is that two wins or six draws or maybe a win and three draws Duncan ?

Fulham - loss

Sunderland - win

Queens Park Rangers - win

Aston Villa - loss

Millwall - draw

Birmingham - draw

Burton - win

Sheffield United - draw

Bristol City - win

Middlesbrough - loss

Hoping for 15 points 🙏🏻

If we can avoid more than one serious injury over the remaining friendlies and the first 10 games, AND if they continue to play to his orders, then I can imagine 15 points, but the wheel can come off so easily and lady luck may take a part.

Fulham - LossSwindon - Pointless WinSunderland - WinQueens Park Rangers - WinAston Villa - LossLeague Cup 2nd Round - Pointless WinMillwall - WinBirmingham - WinBurton Albion - WinSheffield United - DrawI predict 15 points from out first 10 games and the beginning of a cup run![:O]

14. four wins, two draws, four defeats.

Forecast finish 9th or 10th on 68 points, never troubling the top 6.

I always forecast the whole season in advance and I''ve never been right, so there''s still hope!

You cannot predict the outcome of revolutions but the Red Revolution succeeded, as did the Velvet Revolution. Let''s hope that the Yellow Revolution follows suit.

It might be a Long Trek with a subsequent Cultural Revolution and changes at the very top being called for with the guillotine being sharpened and heads destined to role, but I personally think that we will hit the ground running, maintain a high level of achievement and that the ''German Model'' will make the tabloid headlines.

These things have a habit of turning out that way, football being pretty opaque really.

Whether we eventually ape Huddersfield is another matter but we have, I feel more going for us than they did with our set-up, support and squad all being superior. This Farke has something about him, and we''ll find out exactly what that is as the season progresses.

The game at Fulham obviously will give us the first sighting of things to come and neither do I write our chances off as readily as some seem to; although I''d happily settle for a quiet draw. Those Fancy Dan London teams always take that little bit longer to extricate themselves from the effects of their Summer excesses in any case and it''s a useful fixture to get out of the way bearing in mind the unpredictable nature of opening day results.

(Also, I feel we still have a little squad strengthening in the pipeline.)

A good opening result will predict a good season. I say ten games with twenty+ points and I haven''t even had my morning sherry yet.

Fingers crossed.

haven''t got a clue really. My best guess is that we start ok but the big challenge will come after a few games when the opposition will have more idea about how we play and have better developed strategies to counter it.This might be test of Farke.

[quote user=" Badger"]haven''t got a clue really. My best guess is that we start ok but the big challenge will come after a few games when the opposition will have more idea about how we play and have better developed strategies to counter it.This might be test of Farke.[/quote]

I think you are right, the test will come as the season progresses.  The question will be whether the Dortmund method works for us long term - and actually I don''t see any reason why it shouldn''t if the players buy into it.  It is all action especially when the team does not have the ball - and when with the ball making sure it is moved quickly around the team to good effect, so effectively when whether we have the ball or not, the opposition don''t have time to settle.  That should work whatever the opposition do at any stage of the season - and if it works as it does at Dortmund, it''s going to be one heck of a season.

Yes LDC, I agree. For all the talk of "boredom," on one thread because we don''t have enough money to be competitive, I am childishly exited about the prospects this year! [:D]

Last season over-expectation and the atmosphere it created hampered things. This season it appears the mood is more sober and that in itself will be a benefit.

Thanks for so many replies. Lets hope to be pleasantly surprised. But, if we fail, we would have probably have failed with the high earners we have jettisoned.

I suspect some of the ego has left our Club both on and off the pitch.

Van wink wrote the following post at 18/07/2017 7:21 PM:

I''d go for 11or 12.

A tad optimistic I fear!

I went for 9. My crystal ball had been re calibrated a couple of days earlier though.

Now our first 10 games have been played(Op didn''t state they had to be league games) we have amassed 11 points, we are not to far off automatics and many decent championship teams are in a similar level of points to ourselves. And of course a cup run if we beat Brentford. Well done VanWink as the only one to guess 11 pts even if did say 11 or 12.Predictions for 10 league games anyone? I''ll go for 14.

Since we are talking league points it would be sensible to wait for 10 league games.

Nice to see we have already surpassed some of the uhhh...less positive posters assumptions already. Maybe theyre not all capable of accurately judging players after a couple of games?

well if we''re calling that 10 games then we might as well call it 6 points from the cup so 17 from 10 is an alright return, playoffs form.