Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

How Many Points From First 10 Games?

It is going to take a time for the new system to bed in and we are still some way short of a settled squad with key injuries too.

Fulham has long been a reality check and is a massive test on day one followed up by a trip to Sunderland. The opening games look tough.

Anything more than 9 points from the first 10 games will be a bonus for me.

I do think we will improve as the season goes on but cannot see us getting off to a flier. It looks like ''catch up'' at best unless our new coach exceeds expectations - perhaps by making us less attractive but tighter and grinds out some early results.

Fulham ---lossSunderland---- lossQPR --- WinAston Villa--- LossMillwall ---  DrawBirmingham--- DrawBurton -- WinMiddlesboro -- LossReading -- LossHull -- Draw I''m usually optimistic but not when looking at the fixtures 

Id say near 20, more like 18 which wouldn''t be a disaster given we will only start really gelling by the 10 game mark.

15 would be good, i think about 10 though with us losing the first two. We''ve got to adjust to this style of football first and get used to how teams will play against us, we have key injuries and our hopefully superior fitness won''t be noticeable until well into the winter months.

I''m expecting a poor start, I hope people give this new team a chance to settle in before labeling this experiment a disaster and calling for the return of Lambert and McNally after a couple of losses. It wouldn''t be the worst thing either, it''s a long season, would be good to lower expectations and make all the new faces aware of just how tough this is going to be. I think our good start did us way more harm than good last year!

If we are in the top 12 after 10 it will be fine. What is important for me is that we appear like we are playing well and progressing even if not getting the results to start as believe it will come after time. Also above Ipswich after 10 is another must ;)

i think like any new coach from a different country Farke will be surprised by the pace and quality of the championship

so i am going for 18 pts

Opening day results are a bit of a lottery (Norwich 1 Colchester 7) and it''s useful to get the Fulham bogeymen out of the way straight from the off.

Our team , set-up and tactics will be as much of an unknown to Fulham as they are to us.

A hard earned point for me.

Shaky Sunderland on a Sunday in front of a noisy full-house equals an easy three pointer.

I think we''ll start fairly slowly as we get used to our new style. 15 or 16 points I reckon.

Many of these teams are also in a state of flux. The midfield and forward line are well known to each other the defence will be new and cant be worse than last season. I am much more optimistic and going for 15 plus

2 points.

Draw against Burton, who then donate us their point out of sympathy .

[quote user="RUDOLPH FARKE"]It is going to take a time for the new system to bed in and we are still some way short of a settled squad with key injuries too.

Fulham has long been a reality check and is a massive test on day one followed up by a trip to Sunderland. The opening games look tough.

Anything more than 9 points from the first 10 games will be a bonus for me.

I do think we will improve as the season goes on but cannot see us getting off to a flier. It looks like ''catch up'' at best unless our new coach exceeds expectations - perhaps by making us less attractive but tighter and grinds out some early results.[/quote]

Have you checked the fixtures, Sunderland is at home !

[quote user="Felixfan"]You cannot lose many games in this league if you want a top 6 place.[/quote]Huddersfield lost 15 league games last season and still went up!I think we''ll get 17 points from our first 10 games.

29 and a half for me, dropping half a point for a misplaced pass v fulham. from there on ........ perfection.

I honestly have no idea how anyone could begin to make a prediction. The team, the manager, the tactics are all a mystery right now.

With the continual downgrading of the squad, the manager will do well to coax a point a game on average, so ten from the first ten games and a season total of 46.

Most of the fixtures look like ones we can pick up something from if we play to our attacking potential.

I think we can get the 15 that would be in line with play off pretensions, while getting 18-20 points we would be an excellent start and close to auto pace. But it is also not difficult to see us with around 12 points, which would be the start of the disappointing range.

There is no team to fear in the league this time around, and as always there is no easy fixture so we will have to scrap and earn every point.

Will be there at Craven Cottage to get the obligatory defeat out of the way before we hopefully start to kick on.

Honestly, I don''t care. I''m more interested in how many we''ve got at the end of the season.

I just want to see progress over those 10 games, a squad completely up for it and not giving up or getting demotivated if the results aren''t good!

We well know it''s a long season and the ones who peak at the start are often not in the pack at the end!