Sign in to follow this  

Apparently he is on trial at Norwich at the moment.

Out of contract, 24 year old German defensive midfielder.

Was a German youth international but never really made much impact anywhere - was at ADO Den Haag last season.

Never stood out when I''ve seen him play, probably back up to Reed/Tettey.

In Webber and Farke we trust.......we have too with virtually a completely new team! If Huddersfield can do it, then hopefully we can under DF. Is Webber the messiah - the new special one??!!

Can''t wait till Saturday!

Can he be any worse that VOO ?What I am seeing is that we are building for the future. I don''t doubt that players being brought in will also be against the view that we might go up.Loanees such as Reed can help us get there, but there does need to be a nucleas of a squad that could hold there own if we go up this seasonThat''s not tempting fate, that is just been practical and thinking that with £32m from parachute payments, x million from player sales then promotion is not an option, nor should it be.

Bringing this back to the top.

I think you know the answer to your question now HP, he clearly isn''t worse that VOO and has arguably already added more value to the team.

This one might prove to be our best signing in the last couple of years, still early stages but from what I have seen he has a lot of quality and is perfect for us at the moment.

At what point do they review his contract situation?!?

He''s only on a one-year contract, isn''t he? I''d imagine they''ll be looking to extend it ASAP. He could sign a pre-contract with another club in January, so we need to get it tied up soon.

Trybull has only had 1 year contracts had his last three clubs (St Pauli, Gunter Furth and ADO Den Haag). Seems it might be how he prefers to go about things, giving him options (plus nice signing on fees).

Wouldn''t be jumping to give the guy a new contract after a few games, especially as his recent history doesn''t suggest he is that fantastic. St Pauli, Gunter Furth (who he never made an appearance for) and Den Haag didn''t offer him extensions. Maybe he has got his head together and will kick on for once.

@BYG Whilst I appreciate his track record is a bit pocked, his recent presser seemed to suggest he''s more settled in himself. In the last few games he''s received a MOM award from some and judging on seeing him in the flesh last night I''d say rightly so. No one''s suggesting he''s fantastic, but he''s certainly proving to be a decent ally to whoever''s in that back duo screening the defence capable of performing and some at this level. Just because he didn''t perform in Germany doesn''t mean to say he won''t with us.

It could be that it just ''clicks'' for him here - it does happen, for some players things just work out in that time and place wherever it may be; the thing for both club and player is to capitalise on it.

"It could be that it just ''clicks'' for him here "

Surely not - that''d be like like an ex tyre-fitter who''d had anonymous spells at places like Notts. Forest & only had any real success at Shrewsbury getting into double figures in the Prem. Preposterous.

:-)

It might be that the holding midfield role we are asking of him, particularly sharing the load alongside a second similar player in Tetty, might suit him perfectly.

Quite possible he hasn''t had that exact opportunity elsewhere?

I did indeed have the likes of Mr Holt in mind when I wrote that, Ron; terms like ''journeyman'' not unreasonably sprang to mind for many when he was signed by Gunn, but the rest is history.

I was at the game last night (in the home area, which was quite amusing) and I was so impressed with Trybull - the ball he played through to Murphy in the first half on the outside of his boot was worth a contract on its own.

[quote user="Platonic"]I was at the game last night (in the home area, which was quite amusing) and I was so impressed with Trybull - the ball he played through to Murphy in the first half on the outside of his boot was worth a contract on its own.[/quote]and as if by magic we have that goal (and the others) 1m 30sec pass then Murphy goalhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrcfbFspB50

[quote user="ron obvious"]"It could be that it just ''clicks'' for him here "

Surely not - that''d be like like an ex tyre-fitter who''d had anonymous spells at places like Notts. Forest & only had any real success at Shrewsbury getting into double figures in the Prem. Preposterous.

:-)[/quote]

Lol, that''s exactly who I thought of too Ron

Another feather in Webbers cap. Helps that he''s perfectly suited to the way we''re playing as well. Better player than Howson? Probably not, but a much, much better deep lying playmaker. Another couple of stand out performances and I''ll be seriously worried about bigger clubs sniffing around with the contract he''s on.

Easy for me to say as I''m not in charge of the clubs finances but I hope we sign him up asap even if it means giving him a pretty good contract. He''s a unique. really effective player and has a superb attitude on the pitch. Has played an even bigger part than Klose imo in our recent run of good performances

Not sure its fair to compare him to Howson, mainly because I don''t think Howson was suited to the holding role that he was asked to do in Alex Neil''s 4-2-3-1. He always looked better when going forward, as displayed with his glorious volley v Forest or arriving late into the box.

In some ways we''ve replaced Howson with Trybull and Vrancic for what they offer to the team, each in their own different way.

with luck we might have options

would be very surprised if we didn''t as it seems to be our thing over the past few years

[quote user="Platonic"]I was at the game last night (in the home area, which was quite amusing) and I was so impressed with Trybull - the ball he played through to Murphy in the first half on the outside of his boot was worth a contract on its own.[/quote]I was there too near the front to the right of the dugouts.  That moron never stopped cursing the ref throughout the game was pretty hilarious !! [:D]

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Another feather in Webbers cap. Helps that he''s perfectly suited to the way we''re playing as well. Better player than Howson? Probably not, but a much, much better deep lying playmaker. Another couple of stand out performances and I''ll be seriously worried about bigger clubs sniffing around with the contract he''s on.

Easy for me to say as I''m not in charge of the clubs finances but I hope we sign him up asap even if it means giving him a pretty good contract. He''s a unique. really effective player and has a superb attitude on the pitch. Has played an even bigger part than Klose imo in our recent run of good performances[/quote]
Indeed. Do you think it is too early to adopt the slogan ''Trybull gives you wins''?
I''ll get me coat...