Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

The new signings are not good enough.

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) ~ [quote]]Early days yes, but come on. That performance was diabolical.

Zimmerman and Franke were clueless and bullied all afternoon. They were constantly indecisive and didn''t know when to attack or stand off.

Vrancic and Steipermann... the game completely bypassed them. Vrancic is a complete luxury player and not suited to the rigours of the championship. That is definately clear at this early stage.

Husband... possibly the worst signing we''ve made in a long time. Can''t defend, can''t attack, has no pace... what does he do?

Today was men against boys. I''m really really concerned with this squad. We need a a couple of proper midfielders asap, to properly replace Howson and the ageing Tettey.

I''m sure I''ll get slammed for this early judgement. But I''m convinced I''ve seen enough to suggest most of Farkes singings are not cut out for this league. Simply the wrong type of players.

Gunn and Reed are the only two who look good enough. And there both only on loan.[/quote]

My new favourite parts of that post are

1) We desperately need to sign someone to replace Tettey whilst Reed is the only good signing we''ve made - the same Tettey who is keeping Reed out of the team!

2) Husband one of our worst signings for ages...now a string of good performances and looks to be a solid left back and a decent enough attacking threat.

3) We desperately need to sign someone to replace Howson. The same Howson who spent the Middlesbrough game getting pelters from his own fans and beinf disposessed by Trybull.

[quote user="hogesar"]My new favourite parts of that post are

1) We desperately need to sign someone to replace Tettey whilst Reed is the only good signing we''ve made - the same Tettey who is keeping Reed out of the team!

2) Husband one of our worst signings for ages...now a string of good performances and looks to be a solid left back and a decent enough attacking threat.

3) We desperately need to sign someone to replace Howson. The same Howson who spent the Middlesbrough game getting pelters from his own fans and beinf disposessed by Trybull.[/quote][Y] Plus Zimmermann clueless and Vrancic a luxury player [:D]Wonder what Lincoln makes of Trybull [:|]

[:)]

Long way to go.....

Stand by a lot of what I said.

Vrancic is a luxury player and will never be consistent.

Reed is a better player than Tettey. I think he''ll end up slotting next to Trybull in the near future.

Howson wasn''t constantly disposed by Trybull at all. And we''d still be a better side with Howson playing. Him and Trybull could''ve been a great partnership.

Husband.... still think he''s dodgy. Got away with some mistakes against both Boro and Reading. But fair play, he''s working hard.

Zimmerman was clueless against Villa and Millwall, but you forgot to mention the bit where I said he''d turn in some good performances too.

Trybull... I think some fans are going overboard with him. He''s a decent player, but not as good as many are making out. But more than good enough for the role he is being asked to carry out, and is a type of player we haven''t had for a long time. Hence the Hype.

Mate, we''re on a run on 6 games that''s put us top of the form charts, on the back of conceding one goal in those 6 games and 3 straight away wins at tough opposition.

All of those players you just mentioned have featured during that run, and most of those players have been key, and played the majority of the said matches last month. Tettey has been vital; the only player who hasn''t really featured at all is Reed.

It''s absolutely fine to have these opinions Lincoln, but it''s also okay to admit when you have been wrong, or judged players far too quickly.

I agree so far about Vrancic. Very lightweight and not contributing enough. Has looked better lately, has a good read of the game in an attaching sense but was obviously going to look better with two holding mids behind him. Wes and Maddison offering more at the moment and either should start ahead of him.

Reed, Tettey, Trybull. Good to have a dilemma of which 2 to play. Tettey has come in and shown his worth with some rock solid displays in front of the back 4 and deserves his place.

Disagree about Howson. Yes, him and Trybull could''ve been a great partnership.....sometimes, but it was the anonymous Howson we saw against Middlesborough and according to their fans that''s what they''ve seen most of the season. He made it clear he didn''t want to be here and Reed, Tettey and Trybull are showing what it means to them to play. Wouldn''t swap any of them for Johnny now. Time to move on.

Husband, like the whole team is showing signs of learning the way we''re playing and improving with it. Good performance on sat.

Zimmerman has been immense of late. I think his criticism is simply judging him too soon, again like the whole team and Farke. It was always going to take longer than simply preseason to adjust to a new league and country but hopefully we''re now seeing the real deal with the new signings and the new setup of the team.

Trybull has been class and I think rightly praised as he has been. Barely put a foot wrong. Quick to press and snappy in a tackle (however without the inevitable ''Tettey'' booking each game), pacey with some lovely passes through the midfield, it''s still early days but only ''decent''? One of the first names on the team sheet.

I think Tettey and Trybull work better as Tettey can make those driving runs from deep to support attacks and then get back into position fairly quickly. Trybull and Reed are too similar as they both sit deep, break up play and then make simple passes.

Regards Zimmerman, it''s never wise to jump to conclusions after 5 games but in Lincolns defence he was woeful against Villa and Millwall.

Vrancic is an excellent player in some ways but I don''t see him starting every week.

Tettey is first choice ahead of Reed in my book but he will need rests at various points in the season so there will be plenty of opportunity for Reed to play. Having the 3 compete for the 2 places gives us reasonable cover and Maddison can play there as well, as I suspect could Stieperman if needed.

Husband has improved massively, no doubt, and has done well in the last two games. That said its not ideal that we have to double up when he has to mark any vaguely quick winger as it reduces our attacking threat down that side so his lack of pace still worries me and I was more comfortable with Stiepermann playing there. I hope Lewis comes back from his injury playing at the level he was pre-season because he could bring some real benefits to the back line with his extra pace.

I do think Stieperman is better than Husband, but I thought Husband had an excellent game against Traore on Tuesday without us needing to double up down that flank ?  Personally I''m comfortable having the two of them at LB position.  Olsson was quicker going forward but would often lost concentration.

I thought we did double up against Boro with Watkins helping out unless RN got it totally wrong, admittedly I was not at the game.

I was at the Boro game and my take was that Watkins helped out defensively the way that a winger/left midfield player should do in the modern game, especially playing away from home against a winger with undoubted quality like Traore (who pulled off a couple of amazing moves, mostly outside the danger area thankfully).  Often nowadays you have to defend against the winger/fullback attacking in combination so you need two players to defend against that.  I felt Husband did an excellent job defensively against a winger who is one of the more difficult ones you''ll play against in the championship, and I didn''t see it as him and Watkins doubling up, just Watkins taking on the defensive duties that you''d expect from someone in his position.

Stiepermann has more to offer than Husband. Although whether that will be at left back now Husband is performing im not sure. Could certainly cover LM while Watkins is out and Josh is struggling for form.

Part of our recent success must lie with the coaching, as well as the ability to install a regime of self believe.Both Saunders, Walker and Lambert had ''average'' players performing above their considered  abilities. That I supect did not solely come from those managers alone.It will be interesting to see how players ''evolve'' over the next few months. Gunn has been a revelatin as has Trybull and Maddison, Husband certainly has proved many wrong.For my part I feel it is too early to judge players on their long term development.

I cannot see how anybody expected Gunn not to be a more than adequate keeper......he is at Man City and playing for the England junior teams. Inexperienced in the championship but with the potential to become an England squad member for years.

It isn''t looking good.

Even the two most of us saw as successes (Trybull and Zimmerman) have hit some poor form.

I still think you were far to quick in jumping to conclusions on them but equally others were too quick to anoint them successes.

Agree...I was too quick in praising some of the signings... Best one we''ve made is Gunn on loan imo...The Germans are letting us down atm

I think Reed is quality, but we don''t see to be able to get the best from him or play him correctly. Gunn was a good signing.

As for the rest..... not cut out for the rigours of the championship.

Steipermann and Trybull have quality, but i think its obvious their consistency and fitness are not at the levels needed for this league.

Watkins a possible exception based on his form last season. But barely plays.

Is it just the new signings that are not good enough though?.....The old saying ''the rot starts from the top''......Does it apply at our club?.....

Birmingham’s managerial recruitment policy? What’s so special about our managerial recruitment policy then? We’ve employed all those managerial legends, Roeder, Hamilton, Gunn, Adams and now Farke, all thanks to this inept pair of cretins that own us! I really can’t understand how anybody can say about Birmingham hey Apples!

[quote user="Mr Apples"]What about the managers who aren''t on your list Baldy?Apples[/quote]
[:D]

[quote user="Mr Apples"]What about the managers who aren''t on your list Baldy?Apples[/quote]

And what about the Birmingham managers such as Rowett or Bruce or McLeish, Apples?

I''m suprised you didn''t mention Barry Fry and Trevor Francis too, that''d prove your point even more effectively.Apples