Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

The new signings are not good enough.

Husband hasnt shown much going forward but defensively i dont think there''s a big gap between him and Pinto

[quote user="hogesar"]Husband hasnt shown much going forward but defensively i dont think there''s a big gap between him and Pinto[/quote]

That''s not exactly a ringing endorsement, personally i think Husband is a better player than he''s currently showing, he might still not be good enough but i do feel he has more than he''s currently shown.

We have cut our cloth according to how much the stowmarket 2 are prepared to spend

That is why we have 4th division German players playing for us and are fishing in the Lincoln and Leyton orient squads

You get what you pay for at the next of the day

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]We have cut our cloth according to how much the stowmarket 2 are prepared to spend

That is why we have 4th division German players playing for us and are fishing in the Lincoln and Leyton orient squads

You get what you pay for at the next of the day[/quote]

What genuine Norwich fan would call DS/MJW the "Stowmarket 2" ?   Some of our own fans seem so against their own club it is genuinely unbelievable.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]The kind of genuine supporter that goes home and away I suppose.[/quote]

Calling the DS/MJW the Stowmarket 2 is meant as an insult and that I would expect from binners or those who have a big chip on their shoulder about the club.  Unlike some, I don''t care of a fan goes to no matches or goes to every match - if they talk in disparaging terms about people at the club rather than just express opinions, then their view is worthless.  

LDC they''ve been known as the "stowmarket 2" for years. Nice people but I fear they are going to really ruin our club over the next few seasons. Then they will no doubt hear some real insults. Still at least they eat in pubs eh!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Like I said, he just needs to find his feet and get that extra bit of confidence as the team develops.

[/quote]

We shouldn''t have built a side around players that need to develop.

We lost key players, players that needed replacing with ones ready to perform.

Next season was the one for transition If we failed to go up this year. We''ve shown a real lack of ambition and resigned ourselves to championship football. The best bit of it is, Webber has dressed it up so that most fans are happy and accept transition this season.

This season we could have still attracted some very good established players, and could have competed with the bigger teams. We''ve decided not to use that advantage, and next season we''ll be no more attractive to players than Ipswich.

[quote user="King Keano"]It''s fairly ovvious that you''re skint so can''t attract high end Championship players[/quote]We''re not skint, but we will soon be if we hadn''t drastically changed. We''d have ended up like you. And nobody wants that.

Webber talk that team is much more balance than previuse but I not agree at all.

We have no any defender on the bench yesterday.

Pinto is very fragile cant play more than 15-20 games per season and we have Martin as back up here who miss all pre season and at have evry game so many unforced errors.Maybe is good for dressing room spirit etc for new players but on the field is nothing more than deep back up.

Husband have energy but simply this man have no class and will end soon at league 2 club .

Zimmer /Farke no back up and both too similar to play week in week out against evry opposition.

Reed is class for sure but is not Norwich player and if we loose Tettey no back up for season with 60 games lol.

Cam"socks off"Jerome look impotent in front of goals as never.Oliveira is class but cant play evry game.

Over all too many new players and bad luck with injured starters make us to fight for 10 place at moment as best.

Hope after international break few players to back from inj and few new to come ...

Farke=Franke sorry :-)

must add that i watch QPR game at stands as Fulham on TV and other 2 games on ifollow

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="King Keano"]It''s fairly ovvious that you''re skint so can''t attract high end Championship players[/quote]We''re not skint, but we will soon be if we hadn''t drastically changed. We''d have ended up like you. And nobody wants that.[/quote]

Na, who''d want to be 5/5!?

By all accounts, failure to go up this season will leave you with an even smaller budget than us next season...

[quote user="Jim Smith"]LDC they''ve been known as the "stowmarket 2" for years. Nice people but I fear they are going to really ruin our club over the next few seasons. Then they will no doubt hear some real insults. Still at least they eat in pubs eh![/quote]I know what they are called and by who - but that doesn''t excuse it imo. And why fear they are going to ruin the club, when all they have done in the last twenty years is improve it. Which other club with our resources has done as well as we have?   Plenty of clubs with way more money than us have done a lot worse.  Personally am fed up with reading anti-owner stuff.  It''s all b*ll*x as far as I am concerned - people just wishing for something different as if change will bring about some kind of magical transformation.   As far as I can see the club is healthy, it is forward looking and it isn''t afraid to try and be progressive, hence the new system of sporting director/head coach.    We have some fantastic players and we have a youth policy that is bearing fruit and is developing all the time.  And the Tom thing is protecting the club from speculators - and that is a good thing.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Interesting how little time people are willing to give - I half expect calls for Farke to go if we don''t win next week.[/quote] Yes Branston, that''s exactly what I fear too. It hurts to see Piswich top, but I still am willing to give the new guy time

King Keano still here? Must be a jealousy thing.

Will Ipswich ever have talents such as Pritchard, Wes, Murphy, Oliviera in their squad again? I doubt it. They''ve had a good start but theyre still pretty irrelevant. We clearly still mean a good deal to them, i mean hes posting on our forum after all!

As for Lincolns BS of us being no more attractive than Ipswich next season, how about

1) several seasons of prem football in the last 10 years indicates a club capable of promotion

2) Nice ground and facilities

3) Lovely city and area to live in

4) 27k crowds instead of 12k...

1. No it doesn''t

2. Nice ground. But so have about 40 other teams across the 92

3. Means nothing when money is involved

4. See point 3.

As for the comments about Ipswich not having talents such as Pritchard, Oliveira etc, can you honestly see them being here if we fail to go up? And if we do fail to go up, how long until we have players of that quality again?

1) Yes it does. How many players sign for clubs that have been relegated but say "they were in the premiership recently and i think that bodes well" or similar. If youre still in doubt, go take a look.

Attendance and crowds does make a different to players too. But im only comparing us with Ipswich in responseto Lincoln, who some of you lot are desperate to big up and criticise your own club after 4 games because you have the backbone of a chocolate eclair and the bottle to match.

If you want to be better than Ipswich that''s fine. You will be easy to please. I would rather focus on being better than 18 other teams so we reached the playoffs.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]If you want to be better than Ipswich that''s fine. You will be easy to please. I would rather focus on being better than 18 other teams so we reached the playoffs.[/quote]
Oh I completely agree RB. I was simply replying to one of Lincolns usual posts.

[quote user="King Keano"][quote user="Herman"][quote user="King Keano"]It''s fairly ovvious that you''re skint so can''t attract high end Championship players[/quote]We''re not skint, but we will soon be if we hadn''t drastically changed. We''d have ended up like you. And nobody wants that.[/quote]

Na, who''d want to be 5/5!?

By all accounts, failure to go up this season will leave you with an even smaller budget than us next season...[/quote]

too soon to assess tbh.

Iwan Roberts was awful his first season here. Social media now would probably have deprived us of a club legend.

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]

We shouldn''t have built a side around players that need to develop.

We lost key players, players that needed replacing with ones ready to perform.

Next season was the one for transition If we failed to go up this year. We''ve shown a real lack of ambition and resigned ourselves to championship football. The best bit of it is, Webber has dressed it up so that most fans are happy and accept transition this season.

This season we could have still attracted some very good established players, and could have competed with the bigger teams. We''ve decided not to use that advantage, and next season we''ll be no more attractive to players than Ipswich.[/quote]We have one last season of parachute payments of around £31 million, yet we''re being told we need to sell to buy.If Webber hadn''t tried to start sorting it out now, we''d have imploded at the end of the season.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jim Smith"]LDC they''ve been known as the "stowmarket 2" for years. Nice people but I fear they are going to really ruin our club over the next few seasons. Then they will no doubt hear some real insults. Still at least they eat in pubs eh![/quote]I know what they are called and by who - but that doesn''t excuse it imo. And why fear they are going to ruin the club, when all they have done in the last twenty years is improve it. Which other club with our resources has done as well as we have?   Plenty of clubs with way more money than us have done a lot worse.  Personally am fed up with reading anti-owner stuff.  It''s all b*ll*x as far as I am concerned - people just wishing for something different as if change will bring about some kind of magical transformation.   As far as I can see the club is healthy, it is forward looking and it isn''t afraid to try and be progressive, hence the new system of sporting director/head coach.    We have some fantastic players and we have a youth policy that is bearing fruit and is developing all the time.  And the Tom thing is protecting the club from speculators - and that is a good thing.

[/quote]

The club is healthy because of Sky tv money. And that wink run out this season due to their errors. Chase brought more success to this club than those two yet is hated. I don''t hate them but we have not been successful during their tenure.

[quote user="hogesar"]King Keano still here? Must be a jealousy thing.

Will Ipswich ever have talents such as Pritchard, Wes, Murphy, Oliviera in their squad again? I doubt it. They''ve had a good start but theyre still pretty irrelevant. We clearly still mean a good deal to them, i mean hes posting on our forum after all!

As for Lincolns BS of us being no more attractive than Ipswich next season, how about

1) several seasons of prem football in the last 10 years indicates a club capable of promotion

2) Nice ground and facilities

3) Lovely city and area to live in

4) 27k crowds instead of 12k...[/quote]

1 - no it doesn''t.

2. As do the majority of clubs in the championship. So no advantage there.

3. Counts for very little, unless your targeting 30 plus year olds looking to settle down with family.

4. I remember the late 90''s, we regularly got 12k attendances. No promotion this year and season tickets will fall.

So fail to get promoted this season, and the hard facts are that we are no more attractive and have next to no competitive advantage over the likes of Ipswich in this division.

[quote user="Herman"]What is your solution?[/quote]

At this stage Herman, I''m not sure.

But back in the summer I''d have fought tooth and nail to keep Howson, Dorrans, Ruddy and Jacob Murphy for another season. I''d have spent the Franke money on Djiks and looked for a decent centre half from league one ready to step up.