Sign in to follow this  
Mervmeister

Wolves at it again..

Signed Diogo Jota on a season long loan from Athletico Madrid with option to buy. Their squad is becoming unreal, no way we can compete. I honestly believe Jota is a future top 10 in the world talent. Seen lots of him and am very jealous :(

They now have 5 players who could be playing Champions League football instead of the Championship.

Surely favourites for promotion, far better team than Newcastle were last season.

Makes a mockery of the sport when you have Champions League quality players opting to spend (at least) a season at what were a middling Championship club, because the club happen to be extremely wealthy.
I feel sorry for the Wolves fans that are against their club becoming Mendes'' toy box.

Leicester and Huddersfield prove that united teams with commited individuals who know their roles are more potent than hastily assembled groups of show ponies.

Until that truth no longer holds water football hasn''t died (and canaries can live in hope).

Ryan Bennett won''t be starting. They signed a defender from Porto a few weeks back who is a beast. Bennett will be 3rd/4th choice.

[quote user="tired"]Makes a mockery of the sport when you have Champions League quality players opting to spend (at least) a season at what were a middling Championship club, because the club happen to be extremely wealthy.
I feel sorry for the Wolves fans that are against their club becoming Mendes'' toy box.
[/quote]

Sure they will be really gutted when they get promoted.

[quote user="tired"]Makes a mockery of the sport when you have Champions League quality players opting to spend (at least) a season at what were a middling Championship club, because the club happen to be extremely wealthy.
[/quote]

Sure they will be really gutted when they get promoted.

I''m sure all the Wolves fans will be manning the barricades on their promotion. But at least we can celebrate our community club pauper status as we drift down the leagues. What a fiasco.

"If we''d only kept Howie.. wrote the following post at 25/07/2017 6:35 PM:

mmmmm put foie grass, lobster, truffles, caviar, champagne into a blender... serve with lashings of under-motivation and no team spirit...

delicious! "

To continue the foodie theme... it worked a treat for Watford!

And the problem is what? 3 teams get promoted! And do five international players make a championship title winning side!

So the nappy crappers have decided that Middlesborough, Wolves and Villa are going up. Let''s see how that goes

Can''t see a problem, I''d much prefer to be us than them. The history of the Championship is littered with clubs supposedly buying big and then falling flat on their faces - can''t see any particular reason why Wolves will fare any better.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]They now have 5 players who could be playing Champions League football instead of the Championship. [/quote]I suppose then that one has to wonder why it is that they''re not playing Champions League and have ended up at Wolves in the Championship. It might be money of course but it''s probably because they''re not good enough for Champions League or indeed the lower reaches of the PL or European equivalent.I guess they''ve finally realised their limitations and found their level.

Obviously doesn''t guarantee success but you can never have too much quality in the squad. Luckily Bennett lowers average somewhat! The Championship is becoming a premier league 2 now where more and more money is being thrown around in the hope of promotion. I wonder how long we will have to wait for a £20 million signing in the championship

[quote user="JF"]Obviously doesn''t guarantee success but you can never have too much quality in the squad. Luckily Bennett lowers average somewhat! The Championship is becoming a premier league 2 now where more and more money is being thrown around in the hope of promotion. I wonder how long we will have to wait for a £20 million signing in the championship[/quote]This will not be apparent for more than a year, but it could be some of these clubs are knowingly breaking the League''s financal fair play rules, gambling that if they get promoted and stay up they will in effect avoid or delay any penalty.

They now have 5 players who could be playing Champions League football instead of the Championship.
Only one seems to be a regular for his previous club. You may be right, Watford may it work, but others, like Zola, failed with it.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Signed Diogo Jota on a season long loan from Athletico Madrid with option to buy. Their squad is becoming unreal, no way we can compete. I honestly believe Jota is a future top 10 in the world talent. Seen lots of him and am very jealous :(

Surely favourites for promotion, far better team than Newcastle were last season.[/quote]

I couldn''t give a toss about Wolves far more interested in where our club is going we will take 6 points off them this season

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Ryan Bennett won''t be starting. They signed a defender from Porto a few weeks back who is a beast. Bennett will be 3rd/4th choice.[/quote]
Didn''t look much of a beast when faced with Big Carlton.... 
From the Shrewsbury match report: "Then striker Carlton Morris beat Willy Bolly to a left-wing cross and lashed past keeper Ruddy to double the lead."