Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

So where do YOU think we will finish?

I can''t find better than 9/2 about us getting promoted MP. Are you offering your posted odds for promotion? Would you take my tenner buddy?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I can''t find better than 9/2 about us getting promoted MP. Are you offering your posted odds for promotion? Would you take my tenner buddy?[/quote]we are 18/1 to win the league and 12/1 to win the playoffs but only 5/1 to be promoted

5th. Having listened to Farke talking at length, I genuinely believe he is astute, intelligent and versatile enough to shake things up where necessary, whereas Neil was not. Players seem to genuinely like his methods and his charisma. With players like Klose and Pritchard still to come back, and Murphy, Hoolahan and Pinto having missed a lot of pre-season, I''m still optimistic we''ll do pretty well, as long as the fans give him time. Squad makeovers of this magnitude do not bear fruit overnight.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I can''t find better than 9/2 about us getting promoted MP. Are you offering your posted odds for promotion? Would you take my tenner buddy?[/quote]we are 18/1 to win the league and 12/1 to win the playoffs but only 5/1 to be promoted[/quote]

just to add 11/2 is best i can find for a top 2 finish

I kinda gathered that city4eva but was wondering why anyone who "were totally confident of success would lump every £ they could spare" on a bet which they''d lose if we came 2nd. MP?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I can''t find better than 9/2 about us getting promoted MP. Are you offering your posted odds for promotion? Would you take my tenner buddy?[/quote]Exactly as city4eva saysSo you''ll be putting a tenner on then but which bet

About 8th. A better team effort but lower quality squad than last year means reasonably similar finishing position IMO. Webber and Farke must be judged by results and the league table, not by how many passes we make, or if they come across well in media interactions. Not really interested in image or rhetoric...time to walk the walk and see where it takes us. I am waiting to be convinced the overhaul has been well managed...not just to save money but to aid the future of our club. Yes, it may take some time but respect must be earned by results not just performances.

I''ll tell you what MP. You''re keen that people should put every available £ on a totally bonkers bet. Just because you don''t think they''ll win. So why don''t you take my tenner on us being promoted and give me the sort of odds you were posting. I would have thought someone who doesnt think we''ll be promoted would be keen to take in every available £ in bets on promotion. i dont even want the sort of odds you were posting. Give me 9/1 and if I win I''ll put the whole ton in the pot for the DS team.

Thought I would resurrect this thread, seeing as there seems to be a division of people, divided , over the season being finished, or going headlong in a potential Top 6 finish.

I am of the mind, that we will finish 6th-8th now.

Nutty, I can''t find the PuPs season prediction thread (The one where we pledge money on many different things, like finishing League position, certain players scoring goals etc). Can you help?

It''s against the odds to get into the play-offs, but it''s certainly plausible.

Not sure why anyone would write it off so readily, other than to set up an "I told you so" down the line..

At Xmas I was predicting bottom half but in the light of our improved results top half now looks more probable. Perhaps 10th to 12th

Thou predictions are always just fun and none of us fans are mystic or psychic, the last 2 seasons ive been pretty much spot on, giving points total as well as position. In out last Prem season , in the early September i guessed relegation and 33 points, turned out 34 points so close enough.Early September last season i went for 8th to 12th and 65-70 points in the Champs, so 8th and 70 points was again as close as.Not in this thread but elsewhere, for this season, again in September i plumped for 8th to 12 again, but this time 55-65 points. We will see come May.Anyway, as others say, ending above the Binners is always the first objective. Strangely, on TWTD, their fans seem to have a weird fixation with 15th place for their club, i guess for them its an annual hitting the highspot for them.

If we can play against the bottom half squads like we have against the top half in our current run, scoring a few more goals, like most others my head says around 8th.

Always the devil on the shoulder that screams hope for the impossible though.

Annoyingly i now think we''ll probably finish 7th or no worse than 8th, just a win or two, from a play-off spot. Annoyingly because I do feel that, in retrospect, promotion, or at least a play-off position, was within our grasp this season but for a lack of a decent striker, a bad run after the Arsenal game and the 3 points lost immediatley after the Chelsea game. Hopefully a lesson learnt for next season.

5 points off the play-offs in about 9th or 10th. Too many good sides above us and I do wonder if Farke might experiment with players and tactics a bit if the play-offs look unlikely.After spending millions it would be funny to see Villa choke and miss out on promotion too.