Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

So where do YOU think we will finish?

not seen enough to change my earlier prediction of anywhere between 3rd and 10th.

The defence & formation will bed in and as many were wisely counselling before the season started, and even Todd Cantwell was saying yesterday, patience is needed.

Impossible to say based on two games with a complete new structure, philosophy and starting eleven but between 4th and 8th i think.

ps.

Good to have the real optimistic highland back.

Even if 20th doesnt quite see us back in tier 3 as suggested.

With mass changes, limited striking options and a highly competitive league I have always felt mid table was where we will be.

This season I don''t really have any expectations, unlike last season. For me it have always felt 12-15th anything above is a bonus.

I reckon 6th to 8th based on Saturday.

There are a lot of positives, but I think the system Farke is trying will be difficult to bed down in the hurly burly of the Championship and will take some time. We have the weapons to do very well and should score goals, but the slows-slow-quick tempo is going to need some discipline and tactical shrewdness.

On Saturday it was obvious that Sunderland were deep and compact, ideal territory for Wildschutt and Husband to get down the flanks, but we tried to play nice touch and go stuff through the middle which got nowhere. Galloway had a torrid time for them, but we failed to exploit it well enough. Wilschutt''s end product is highly variable and Husband doesn''t have the pace for the typical wing back role.

Farke and co will learn but we could be a bit too far adrift before it settles down for a serious top 2/3 push.

Too early to say, but would say between 8th-12th based on how we are trying to play.

It was far too easy to read and defend against, and we are still vulnerable at the back. If Farke shows he can adapt then it may be a different story. If he is too stubborn to change tactics then, like last season, can see it being a long season with a disappointing end.

What I would say is how we played Sunday may be more suited to away from home where teams will try and attack, hence leaving space. At home teams will sit in and try and hit on the break more often than not

Bottom, after going into administration, selling the stadium and fulfilling fixtures at Norwich United''s ground.I know that may be a little optimistic for some of our fans.Apples

6th, just. I think we''ll have a slow start and pick it up as season progresses. I think we need to get a win tomorrow though and we need to get Wes, Nelson and Pinto in the team.

Too early to say but I''m expecting or hoping that we make a late push for the play offs after the management and squad have had time to settle. 6th

ZLF - I did say just the right side of the line, i.e. narrowly avoiding relegation, but I accept that I am somewhat less confident now. Certainly, we were more impressive at Fulham than on Sunday. The brutal reality of course is that without new equity we are totally uncompetitive in the championship.

18th on the available evidence so far. Promotion will be three out of Cardiff, Wolves, Forest and the binners. While Brentford, Barnsley and Burton will be relegated. But with a third of the season being played over the next couple of days I fully expect my thoughts to change by Thursday.

Hard to judge at this early stage, but anything other than making the play-offs is a massive failure

14th, there will be a last minute departure no doubt and a couple more in before the end of August.

Just can''t see us having the strength in depth, we''ve lost Pritchard, if Wes and Maddison get injured or Oliviera just can''t see this squad scoring as many as we did last season.

Tomorrow is a pressure game in my opinion, lose that and it''s a terrible start, do we have strong players to bounce back, we''ll not from what we''ve seen in previous seasons.

Far too early to say. A lot of fancied sides have got off to a mixed start and we are one of them. Sunderland result and performance was very poor but things can change pretty quickly both for good and bad. We will have a very clear idea as to the direction of travel after 10 games. I do not think we will be below 12th and still hope for top 6 time will tell

From what I''ve seen so far, I haven''t changed my mind from what I posted in a similar thread a few weeks ago.Mid table, no better, no worse.

Seeing as how we are 18/1 to win the league outright, and 12/1 to win the play-offs, then I can only assume that those who are totally confident of success have lumped on every £ they can spare.