Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Cromer??

These people are stupid and will fight anybody to prove it.
I once had a lot of pride in telling people I was, first from Norwich, and second from Norfolk.
But from what I read and hear, the ultra violence seems to kick off too frequently now.

I''m not too sure how any of this is cinnected to Noriwch or Norfolkother than it happened therewhat nextthe Belgians are warlike... because of all the battles fought there ?

I''m afraid to say MB, that on this occasion, the Daily Fail have got it right (or should I say, copied and pasted a correct account of events). In fact they haven''t covered all other pieces of news, such as intimidation/verbal abuse/urination in public, and so on.

Got it right ?check the time

Sunday 

• Officers were called at around 7.15pm following reports people had taken drink from a restaurant without paying
  • Shortly

after 8.50pm, police were called to a private bar at a caravan park

after a large group entered and again refused to leave when asked by the

manage
    r.

Police used to get info about their movements and often head them off before they got as far as North Norfolk.

Not this time it seems.

The clean up is always fun!

Police have tweeted this evening that the travellers have moved on and that the car park is being cleaned up & all the rubbish removed.

They''ve had lots of response asking if they were fined for litter dropping and did they pay for the overnight fees for the carpark but main questions are asking the police where they have moved on to, no reply yet

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Yes Herman. It''s been mild ''chaos'' at times[/quote]
Didn''t realise you were from there Crabby, I''m not too far away, usually to be found in Rock Bistro cafe eating crab sandwiches or their scrummy sausage rolls or sitting outside the Rocker House cafe watching the fisherman lol
One of my favourite places Cromer [:)]

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Yes Herman. It''s been mild ''chaos'' at times[/quote]Curious that this lot weren''t your usual caravans towed by Transits/flat beds - but were camper vansWhich rather excludes the claim that they are travelling looking for workIt''s just a long holiday on the take

Both lovely eateries Diane. Yes, the sausage rolls in Sam''s place (Rock Shop Bistro) are bootiful

No 1s or Mary Janes? Whisper it quietly, but a lot of locals prefer the (Suffield) Park Chippy, on Station Road........

Diane wrote the following post at 20/08/2017 7:11 PM:

Police have tweeted this evening that the travellers have moved on and that the car park is being cleaned up & all the rubbish removed.

Good luck to the poor sods doing the cleanup, rubber gloves and detttol gentlemen, followed by the decontamination unit.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Both lovely eateries Diane. Yes, the sausage rolls in Sam''s place (Rock Shop Bistro) are bootiful

No 1s or Mary Janes? Whisper it quietly, but a lot of locals prefer the (Suffield) Park Chippy, on Station Road........[/quote]
I didn''t mention Park Road chippy on purpose [:)] as its a well kept secret and much better than Mary Janes/No 1 , we use it at least once a fortnight then eat it in the park with a cool drink

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]Where did they go?

Somebody must have seen them passing through somewhere?[/quote]

Great Yarmouth? BBC website has a piece about a man being raped and robbed there early this morning.

Also, again on BBC website, a teenage girl was raped in Cromer on Friday night-related?

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]Where did they go?

Somebody must have seen them passing through somewhere?[/quote]I think a few went along the top road to act as a diddycoy, while the others took the Turnpikey Road

Lots of jokes on here but it must have been frightening for decent hard working folk to be robbed by a load of gypsy scum who know no one can touch them regards MOT, Insurance Road Fund etc ]

The police dare not arrest them but park 5 minutes over time and there''s a £60 fine awaiting you

Diane wrote the following post at 20/08/2017 7:52 PM:

Crabbycanary3 wrote:

Both lovely eateries Diane. Yes, the sausage rolls in Sam''s place (Rock Shop Bistro) are bootiful No 1s or Mary Janes? Whisper it quietly, but a lot of locals prefer the ..!.!.......... Road........

I didn''t mention ...!!!.... chippy on purpose Smile [:)] as its a well kept secret and much better than Mary Janes/No 1 , we use it at least once a fortnight then eat it in the park with a cool drink

Noted 👍

''Police identified a slight increase of low-level anti-social behaviour...''

So, the Police deal with this sort of situation in Cromer all the while , do they?

I wonder if there will be only a slight decrease in the police presence in Cromer now the diddies have gone

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Both lovely eateries Diane. Yes, the sausage rolls in Sam''s place (Rock Shop Bistro) are bootiful

No 1s or Mary Janes? Whisper it quietly, but a lot of locals prefer the (Suffield) Park Chippy, on Station Road........[/quote]
I didn''t mention Park Road chippy on purpose [:)] as its a well kept secret and much better than Mary Janes/No 1 , we use it at least once a fortnight then eat it in the park with a cool drink
[/quote]Unless some little tinkers haven''t rocked up and taken it over in the meantime.....[;)]

So, the Police were ''outnumbered'' and no one was arrested.

The conclusion is we don''t have enough Police to deal with it and there is no deterrent

Can anyone explain to me how we are going to stop this happening again?

"One of my favourite places Cromer."

"There was a young lady from Cromer

Who had rather a pleasant aroma

It was those chips and fish that she put on

her dish

That she loved nearly as much as Wes Hoola."

On the assumption that there is no such thing as bad publicity I should think that this unpleasant happening will in the long run bring more business to the town this Summer.

Advertising is partly about continually reminding the consumer of a product''s existence. It has even crossed my mind that I could do with another quick visit to that area the next time I visit Norfolk; and my expenditure in the Wellington will easily make up for the week-end''s losses.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]So, the Police were ''outnumbered'' and no one was arrested.

The conclusion is we don''t have enough Police to deal with it and there is no deterrent

Can anyone explain to me how we are going to stop this happening again?[/quote]

Travellers are a law unto themselves, regularly and openly break our laws, and seldom get arrested, so number of police is irrelevant.