Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Cromer??

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-40990174[/url]What''s going on?

A load of dirty gyppos who for some reason seem to get a ridiculous amount of leeway whilst they ruin nice areas.

Unfortunately this is a regular occurence.Our travelling friends pitch up outside of town and cause trouble.The worst are the kids who seem to imagine they can do as they wish, and go out of their way to prove it.Thieving sh  its the lot of them.(this thread might run for a bit)

Yep, the kids always seem to be worse than most of the adults.

I use the term adult loosely, you can also use subhuman trash.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]The gypsies shoplifted all the Horlicks, there was always going to be trouble once the pensioners got to bed time.[/quote]Most of them are usually well stocked up......Werthers Originals, Camp Coffee, Fray Bentos pies, Tinned Fruit, Sterandent, Carnation Milk

[quote user="Maniacal Bill"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]The gypsies shoplifted all the Horlicks, there was always going to be trouble once the pensioners got to bed time.[/quote]Most of them are usually well stocked up......Werthers Originals, Camp Coffee, Fray Bentos pies, Tinned Fruit, Sterandent, Carnation Milk[/quote]

Police better be careful not to be crushed or swept away when they open the caravan doors there''ll be an avalanche of all those things flooding out.

Do larger vehicles pay more in North Norfolk District Council car parks?

If not can we assume it''s (say) 23 vehicles at £1.50 per hour, so that''s £828 per day for using the car park.

Oh, I forgot .......... they don''t pay, do they?

So why do I have to pay when I go there?

No that''s the old folk with all themI should imagine our travelling friends (males) are fast asleep - the marching powder does tend to catch up with one ..... eventually.Shame, as I believe one of them was booked in at the Tyneside (Sheringham) for the evening''s entertainment - as a tribute actCacker Bilk

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]Do larger vehicles pay more in North Norfolk District Council car parks?

If not can we assume it''s (say) 23 vehicles at £1.50 per hour, so that''s £828 per day for using the car park.

So why do I have to pay when I go there?[/quote]
You also have to pay for Car Insurance, which they tend to get away with.
Oh, and there''s the whole Tax thing too..

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]Do larger vehicles pay more in North Norfolk District Council car parks?

So why do I have to pay when I go there?[/quote]the council gets diddley squatwhich some might suggest is quite an apt name for their encampment

Werthers Originals, Camp Coffee, Fray Bentos pies, Tinned Fruit, Sterandent, Carnation Milk
Has my missus been putting pictures of our "larder" on Facebook or something. We need all the above items to make some nice party food according to Womans Weekly. And lashings of Wincarnis.
Fifty years ago it was Bombers, Dexy''s, Blow and a few trips. All available from the back bar of the Orford.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-40986488

quite the horrendous weekend all round.

[quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-40986488

quite the horrendous weekend all round.[/quote]''kin ''ell.My mate took his kids up there for a long weekend to make up for a disastrous weeks holiday in Cornwall.[:S]

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Werthers Originals, Camp Coffee, Fray Bentos pies, Tinned Fruit, Sterandent, Carnation Milk
Has my missus been putting pictures of our "larder" on Facebook or something. We need all the above items to make some nice party food according to Womans Weekly. And lashings of Wincarnis.
Fifty years ago it was Bombers, Dexy''s, Blow and a few trips. All available from the back bar of the Orford.
[/quote]my mate''s sister used to sell her slimming pillssomething I found out many years laterI was still getting a buzz from sherbert dabsalthough I disd once have some of my grans mackeson ... euurgghh

This is an update as to what happened, shame really as the weekend at the end of the Cromer Carnival week which means businesses have lost a lot of money. Think from friends who live there, a large group travellers were causing havoc in Morrisons,  allegedly  stealing drink then carried into the town centre. They have left now, wonder where they''ll pitch up next??
Fears over public safety led to large swathes of two of North Norfolk’s most popular seaside resorts being put on lockdown on what should have been one of the busiest weekends of the year. Pubs and other town centre businesses in Cromer closed early on Saturday - at the end of the town’s annual carnival - following reports of disturbances in the town the night before.
The move coincided with the arrival of a group of travellers who set up camp in the town’s Runton Road car park.
Businesses in East Runton and Sheringham followed suit amid fears the trouble could spread.Police have stepped up their patrols in the area in an effort to reassure the public, with chief constable Simon Bailey vowing that Norfolk police would do all they can to ensure people enjoyed the rest of the weekend. He said it was “a great shame the conduct of the minority spoil it for the majority”.
On Saturday night, the Wellington pub in Garden Street, Cromer, issued the following statement: “Due to the severity of events that have escalated in town last night (Friday), it is with regret that we have taken the decision for the safety of our staff and customers that The Welly will be closed this evening.” And in a further update later that night, a spokesperson added: “We will not be opening our doors tomorrow! Hopefully normal service will resume on Monday!”
A local takeaway reported that a gang of 40 people stole beer after storming its premises.The Blue Sky Cafe, based opposite the travellers’ makeshift camp in Runton Road, boarded up its premises after their new neighbours moved in.
A spokesperson, who blamed “unforeseen circumstances”, said: “First time in 10 years we have ever been forced to close the cafe during the summer season. Such a shame!” Cromer Pier - one of North Norfolk’s biggest tourist attractions - apologised after being forced to close its theatre bar, despite entertaining a sold out audience, as police attempted to bring the situation under control with several marked and unmarked police vehicles patrolling along the coast. A spokesperson for the pier said: “Apologies for any inconvenience whilst we support our local police in bringing a difficult situation in the town under control.”
The Red Lion also posted on Twitter to say they were closing early due to “local events”.The local cinema turned its outside lights off to avoid attracting any unwanted attention.
Alex Hannah, assistant manager at Cromer’s Regal Movieplex Cinema, said: “We haven’t had any incidents here but customers have been calling to check we’re open. As soon as our last screenings went in we took precautions and turned outside lights off and we are advising our customers to be careful and try to get picked up from the cinema. “We’ve heard a lot of police around town. As soon as we heard about the problems we phoned the non-emergency line and they gave us some really good advice.”
Bernie’s Bar in East Runton said on Facebook: “We are sad to say Bernie’s Bar is also on lockdown and shut along with Cromer and Sheringham. The band have gone home. We are all safe. Stay safe everyone.” Morrisons supermarket closed its filling station at the bottom of Runton Road around 8pm on Saturday “to make sure our customers are safe”.
Anne Kemp, landlady at The White Horse Inn, also closed early. She added: “We were completely on lockdown. It was our decision and I have to say the police have been absolutely spot on. They checked what we are doing, checked if we would be staying open and said they’d be there to support us if we did.”
With few places open in town, a large group of people were spotted walking in the middle of the road from Runton Road to Seacroft caravan and campsite in Cromer. However, police later blocked the entrance before the crowd were later seen leaving the site.
But Norfolk police moved to reassure residents, saying they had only been called to reports of low-level disorder on Saturday, including thefts from Morrisons and a pitch and putt course.They said that reports on social media of a stabbing were not true. A spokesperson said: “We have additional resources in Cromer tonight following reports of low-level disorder earlier today. We are aware licensees of local pubs have taken the decision to close this evening and we will have additional officers on patrol to provide reassurance to the local community.
Norfolk Constabulary twitter
20 hours ago
We have additional resources in Cromer tonight following reports of low-level disorder earlier today. We are aware licensees of local pubs have taken the decision to close this evening and we will have additional officers on patrol to provide reassurance to the local community. We are also aware of mentions on social media relating to a stabbing in the town tonight - we can confirm no such incident has been reported to us.

Hope things get back to normal soon. But if they don''t, remember Cromer wasn''t rebuilt in a day.