Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Carling Cup - next round

The draw for the next round is Saturday lunchtime. The top 8 Clubs from the Premiership join the competition at this stage. With Spurs going out, presumably Marney & Davenport will be able to play in the next round.

So what should we do - go for it & put out our strongest side or tinker & hope for the best like last night.

For me, it''s got to be go for it.

I agree. I''ve got a soft spot for the League Cup.

I remember when I was younger hearing that we had the best record in the land in the League Cup, in terms of number of quarter finals reached.

I very much doubt that''s true anymore, but at least it was when everyone still took it seriously.

Don''t know if Marney et al wll be allowed to play though. I hope so though, we''ve been starved of cup excitement for far too long.

Yes go for it, would like Wigan in next round.

A) Beatable despite premiership status

B) Getting Francis back at CR for some abuse and to see his face when we win

Any player who is feeling tired or has taken a bit of a knock should be rested, but that aside Worthy should be aiming to do well in the competition. It would be a good morale boost for the club to turn in another couple of good performances.

I am actually almost excited by the prospect of another cup match

I''d love us to play Man U at Home in the next round, ah those were the days......

If not, then Sunderland...

Marney should be able to play in the cup as we have him on season long loan and when he goes back it''ll be next season.

We are going to need our backup players at some point this season, purely because of our small squad size. So I would advocate giving them a run in the cup games, balanced with some experience from the first team. I think Worthy got the balance about right on Tuesday. Anyway, its not like the top 8 Premiership clubs are going to be playing their ''stars'', they will put out the reserve team. We need to focus on getting back in the winning habit right now, so a good cup run will be wonderful for morale.

Neither Marney nor Davenport were cup-tied. They both had knocks that were being rested. Lisbie WAS (and so still will be if he''s still here) cup-tied.

Just thought I''d set the record straight.

Marney should be available as is a season long loan although it does surprise me that no mention has been made of Davenport''s inavailability which leads me to believe he is available to us in the cup - which seems strange. Thankfully neither has there been mention of a recall clause in his loan deal, otherwise, with spurs current mounting injuries, I''m sure he''d be on his way back by now.

Lisbie cup tied which team did Premiership Charlton actually play in Round 1 ?  Thats right they didn''t cause didn''t appear until Round 2, could not have been cup tied.

Davenport injury might have been to appease Tottenham and might not, but certainly will be available next Round, thanks to Grimsby.

Iheard KL cup tied until I thought about it, Charlton obviously didn''t want him cup tied.

[quote]Neither Marney nor Davenport were cup-tied. They both had knocks that were being rested. Lisbie WAS (and so still will be if he''s still here) cup-tied. Just thought I''d set the record straight.[/quote]

Believe that & you''ll believe anything !

[quote]Neither Marney nor Davenport were cup-tied. They both had knocks that were being rested. Lisbie WAS (and so still will be if he''s still here) cup-tied. Just thought I''d set the record straight.[/quote]

Doesn''t matter if Davenport and Marney were cup tied, injured or out up the city in bondage - we won so they weren''t needed and Spurs are out of the cup so they will both be available for the next round!!!

Good old Grimsby!!!

OTBC