Sign in to follow this  
Commando Canary

No Bennett bashing tonight!?

Bennett was Ok, Martin was better as he defended just as well but actually distributed the ball.

After the first ten minutes when even the commentator mentioned aimless balls upfield, I though the back four did pretty well on and off the ball. And Bennett started playing passes to feet.

Credit where credit is due.

Benno has put in some important tackles in the last couple of games,but as a defensive unit my confidence in our back four is shot, whoever is playing.

All of the defence played well tonight. Ironically against a team managed by Hughton!

I mean the OPs post would almost had been reasonable had it not been for the fact that he himself has started Martin bashing posts and then somehow tried to turn Bennett having an alright game into another Martin bash.

It''s pathetic at the best of times but for Martin''s 300th game for us I suggest anyone who has a desire to slate him tonight is struggling with jealousy and most likely over compensating for something.....small.

Just stating what I saw, he was rooted to the ground, no ariel presence, poor distribution when under no pressure.

Put a decent centre back next to Bennett and he has a chance.

Yet Bennett was the one out of position unable to get up for several headers whilst Martin''s distribution was actually generally good as it always is. Bennett takes whatever option devoids him of responsibility.

Thought the whole back five played well tonight, don''t know how anyone can say they didn''t after keeping a clean sheet!

Canary Utd II wrote the following post at 21/04/2017 10:56 PM:

What''s your issue Van? Don''t like it that someone has a different opinion to you? So you try and make it personal? Pathetic!

Not at all, please feel free to make your point and forgive me for agreeing with hoggy👍

I note that the OP''s only ever posts appear to be Martin bashing. Have you not got any other topics to discuss? Maybe you could have a w ank over Bennett instead.

Yes, Bennett was good tonight. But both he, Martin, Klose, Bassong are weak when put under any considerable pressure. The 5-4 Liverpool game and, before that, the Newcastle game in the premiership were the beginning of the end for this Norwich city defence. I''d imagine we''ll keep one of Martin or Bennett but i''d expect 2-3 new centrebacks. I hope Dijks stays cos he is very suited to the physicality of the championship. Although Pinto has had a good season, I still think he''s a suspect defender

One good game out of 4-5 for a central defender just isn''t good enough and that''s we need some proper defenders for next season!

Don''t think there can be too many complaints about the defence tonight.

But at the same time we can''t let that take away from how poor it has been. Needs changes.

Canary Utd II, said;

"Just stating what I saw, he was rooted to the ground, no ariel presence, poor distribution when under no pressure."

The following stats simply show you have, shall we say a blind spot, and that''s being kind, both RM & RB won 3 aerials duels.

This obviously puts you, and your rants, into perspective.

The defense was ok today. Against a team who seemed to have had a long promotion party the last week. But the defenders of this club should be shipped out and replaced. Klose, Bennett, Bassong, Whittaker should all be replaced. And maybe Russell Martin to. As a centre half he is not good enough. But as a right back he may could stay, and then we could get back the Norfolk Cafu! None of the defenders is no longer good and consistent enough for a top Championship side. The defensive problems has to be resolved. This lot has showed over many hears they are not up to it in the long run. Massive clear out is needed.

Why is there a need to bash any of them, the defence played reasonably well, but were helped by a toothless front line who created very little.

[quote user="hogesar"]Yet Bennett was the one out of position unable to get up for several headers whilst Martin''s distribution was actually generally good as it always is. Bennett takes whatever option devoids him of responsibilities.[/quote]

Do you wear those blinkers in bed, 300 appearances is about 200 too many buts that''s just my opinion.

It''s pretty pathetic than people cant acknowledge that Bennett or Martin had good games tonight without having a go at one or the other.

I''m of the opinion i''d like to see a couple of new centre backs for next season but last night they both had good games.