Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

No Maddison

Irvine is clueless, nice person maybe so but that gets us no where

Naismith ahead of Maddison makes no sense. Why are we not blooding our youngsters like Godfrey when these average Jo''s have disappointed all season

Out with the old and in with the new

Most in team today I wouldn''t be bothered if they were gone in summer

Naismith had a terrific game and was involved all over the pitch in virtually everything that we did well last night.

I would agree with the timing of the subs, if not the choice.

We were all talking at 60-65 mins to get Murphy off (hardly did anything productive, and wasted glorious space/opportunities) and also Oliviera, who both had less and less impact in the game. We also said to keep Tettey warm, for the last 15 mins,, as the 3rd sub

Should have put Cam on, and perhaps t''other Murphy, to put fresh legs on, and keep the Brighton defence interested, as they started to move further up the pitch, and press us back.

It seems whatever Josh does in some people''s eyes he does nothing.

He was a threat all night, caused the Brighton defence problems all night and had a good game.

The reason I said after 60-65 mins was for the benefit of the team/match.

He got in good positions, he even drifted past 2 or 3 defenders, but he then (again!) get''s knocked off the ball, pushes the ball too far, and gets dispossessed.

His delivery is no more than average

He was part of a break in the 2nd half, where he had (I think) Oliviera to his left (free) and Pritchard to his right, and played the ball too far wide for Pritch to take a strike on goal.

This is synonymous with both Murphy''s this end of the season.

I really wish the Coaches would nurture these boys, and work on their psychology, as they have something (as did Redmond) but (with all 3) but they look like rabbits in headlights sometimes. Watch either of them, when we are attacking, and how they (don''t ) react quickly enough to add to the attacking numbers, and put pressure on the opposition defence. They haven''t got the confidence, and that needs addressing asap

Yellow Wal

It seems what wrote;ever Josh does in some people''s eyes he does nothing.

He was a threat all night, caused the Brighton defence problems all night and had a good game.

And made the assist for Pritchard''s 1st Goal, riding at least 3 tackles on the way!

We comfortably beat the champions-elect 2-0, so the team selection and performance can''t have been too wrong.

Irvine has addressed the use/non-use of younger players several times, quite reasonably, and is rather damned if he does and damned if he doesn''t: make changes and he''ll be accused of unnecessary tinkering, keep as it is, he''s accused of not blooding younger players. Naismith, for his part, has been playing rather well recently.

Mmmm Lessingham, you are technically correct, as he was the last City player to touch the ball before Pritchard scores, but what actually happened, backs up what I am saying, although I would take that end result EVERY time, unfortunately, that isn''t the case.

Look, I am not having a go at the Murphys just to bring some negativity to this. I am the one who has already said that I do not understand all the hype about Brighton being lacklustre or (effectively) still on the lash. We played very well last night, and deserved the win.

What I am getting at, is that (as did Redmond) both Murphys have , in their armoury, something that no other player has at City, but they are not making the most of that, and that frustrates me immensely (as did Redmond). That is, (if you watch them) due largely to a lack of confidence, and a match ''brain''. You have to make the best of any opportunity in life, and they could take their game to new levels, IF they were coached better.

They occupy a position that they could make their own, but I just feel that we could strengthen that position (with them, for the reasons I have stated) to help the team. It would be great to have one, or both killing the opposition, but that hasn''t happened, hardly at all, over recent times. It needs addressing.

Redmond suffered, early season, with Southampton, with exactly the same problems he had here (confidence/hiding in games etc) but, that has finally been coached out of him, and he is now flourishing (that comes from a Saints fan who has seen every game this season). The Murphys need that arm round the shoulder, and need special treatment, and need it asap. they are 22, so really can take their careers (and us) to new heights, if this is dealt with

The only thing I think Irvine should have done last night was to have brought Maddison on earlier. I think he should of come on instead of Hoolahan as the first sub.

I love Wes but we know what he can do, its Maddison who needs time to prove he definitely can cut it in the championship.

@Crabby Canary3

Mmmm Lessingham, you are technically correct, as he was the last City player to touch the ball before Pritchard scores, but what actually happened, backs up what I am saying, although I would take that end result EVERY time, unfortunately, that isn''t the case.

Look, I am not having a go at the Murphys just to bring some negativity to this. I am the one who has already said that I do not understand all the hype about Brighton being lacklustre or (effectively) still on the lash. We played very well last night, and deserved the win.

What I am getting at, is that (as did Redmond) both Murphys have , in their armoury, something that no other player has at City, but they are not making the most of that, and that frustrates me immensely (as did Redmond). That is, (if you watch them) due largely to a lack of confidence, and a match ''brain''. You have to make the best of any opportunity in life, and they could take their game to new levels, IF they were coached better.

They occupy a position that they could make their own, but I just feel that we could strengthen that position (with them, for the reasons I have stated) to help the team. It would be great to have one, or both killing the opposition, but that hasn''t happened, hardly at all, over recent times. It needs addressing.

Redmond suffered, early season, with Southampton, with exactly the same problems he had here (confidence/hiding in games etc) but, that has finally been coached out of him, and he is now flourishing (that comes from a Saints fan who has seen every game this season). The Murphys need that arm round the shoulder, and need special treatment, and need it asap. they are 22, so really can take their careers (and us) to new heights, if this is dealt with

I do actually agree with you Crabby, Redmond was the brightest talent at the club for some time, and we only ever saw glimpses of his real potential, just glad we saw it in the both the play off semi''s and final. Just hoping the new structure/ head coach finally finds out how to take the Murphy''s and other the youngsters we have and develop them into the real talents we all hope for.

Murphy''s and Redmond not cutting it perhaps it is how they are being coached rather than their inclination.