Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Perfect set of results

for the those that are bothered/neutral

Binners lose,Wednesday and Fulham both win, Leeds (does anyone, ever in the history of the World, ever admitted they have a soft spot for them? No, didn''t think so) lose and that means that if we beat them, they will have blown the Play-offs

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]can''t see us winning at Elland Rd......that fact that Sheff Weds play Fulham on the last day may also bail Leeds out yet?[/quote]

I''m not sure.

I think we could really pi55 on their chips. Their form is sh1te and they are over reliant on Wood (ooer missus).

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 2017-04-22 9:04 PM:

Cant believe the binners couldn''t beat Rotherham?? or Leeds couldn''t beat Burton, crikey there is some rubbish in this league...................

Of that there is little doubt!!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]can''t see us winning at Elland Rd......that fact that Sheff Weds play Fulham on the last day may also bail Leeds out yet?[/quote]Leeds can get 79 pointsReading need one point to reach 80 pointsHuddersfield and Sheff Weds need 2 points to reach 80 pointsFulham need 3 points (better goal difference) to reach 79 pointsIf Fulham beat Brentford at home next Saturday Leeds have to beat us or they miss out.  Even a draw would see them out of he plays offs. A  win would only push it to the final Sunday. So it is our hands next Saturday.

[quote user="Carrow89"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]can''t see us winning at Elland Rd......that fact that Sheff Weds play Fulham on the last day may also bail Leeds out yet?[/quote]Leeds can get 79 pointsReading need one point to reach 80 pointsHuddersfield and Sheff Weds need 2 points to reach 80 pointsFulham need 3 points (better goal difference) to reach 79 pointsIf Fulham beat Brentford at home next Saturday Leeds have to beat us or they miss out.  Even a draw would see them out of he plays offs. A  win would only push it to the final Sunday. So it is our hands next Saturday.[/quote]

as I said, I can''t see us doing much at Elland Rd

there place will, I imagine , be fairly raucous....just the kind of conditions our players have buckled under away from home too regularly this season

This team could buckle under the pressure of a "behind closed doors" friendly.

There is a difference now. I doubt anyone would have had us down for three wins against Reading, Preston and Brighton with goals being 11-2. I accept that one result skewed that total but we didn''t give Brighton of a sniff of a chance all night. If it is still a draw at half time at Elland Road and Fulham are winning the nerves will set in, more than any raucous support. Even a one goal advantage will have them biting their nails.There will know that it is out of their hands. Even beating us and Fulham losing still means they have to better Fulham''s result on the last day.  I believe we can win there next Saturday, which would be as much a strong signal for next season as it would be about ending Leed''s chances of a play off place. After all it is about us at the end of the day.

I did look at that but that would be highly unlikely given the circumstances of the games. There is not any permutation where the goal difference would make it not applicable. Though Reading losing both their last two games might make it interesting. We shall have to see.

Leeds will be thinking their season is over. Fulham need 1 win and their goal difference(+27 to Leeds +14) will carry them over the line...Norwich will in the mood to give Leeds some payback so we should get a draw at least. Can''t see Leeds getting into the playoffs. If only I had not changed jobs I could wind up my manager the Leeds fan.

I hope we beat Leeds like we did Brighton to ruin promotion/play off fun. Bit bitter I appreciate but who cares?! The more carts we upset the better so fk ''em! :)

Quote user="king canary".

Well Ipswich have joined us as one of the illustrious five teams to lose to Rotherham this season.

And yet the binners keep on writing history in their long-service commitment to this league, as the only team to not beat Rotherham at all this season.

First, stall Brighton`s champions celebration. Second, put the final nail in the coffin of Leeds play-off hopes. And then, in the least likely of events, see QPR relegated on the last day of the season. For that to happen, Blackburn have to win their last 2 (possible) , qpr lose to forest next week and then us, (possible?) Harry Houdini''s Birmingham to pick up at least 4 points from their last 2 (possible).

Could make for an interesting end of season. Witnessing the misery of others offers some scant consolation for our largely disappointing season. Bring it on! I least like QPR out of those at the bottom. Highly doubtful, but it would, at least, add a lot of interest to the final game if the super hoops are in the relegation mix.

It would certainly add a bit of spice to the end of the season if that were to happen Pete. Would liven up the final game if QPR were not safe, and were looking to beat us, pick up a point or hope results went their way in other games. Stopping Leeds would be enjoyable. However our prime motive must be ourselves. We cannot have any more no shows. We have seen that the squad can do it so two wins must be the target.

"Today, Huddersfield and Fulham fans sang

"Leeds, Leeds are falling apart, again"

(To the tune of Love will tear us apart) "

Really? That''s genius!