Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Wes for POTS?

Yay like Leo before him, is it time to finally give the man a gong?

Still hugely influential, undoubtedly a legend. He may have had even better seasons with us before, but he is probably a worthy winner this season on merit, and surely its time we honoured him in the proper fashion?

He has had better seasons and didn''t win it, nor should he this season. It''s player of the season not career achievement award.

I agree with Mick.

Look at it from Hoolahans point of view - winning player of the season because of how long you have been here, not because of the season you had would be a bit weird.

There are better ways to show appreciation in my opinion

He has been far more consistent than anyone else across the whole season, and as nobody really stands out for me he has already had my vote!

He has been the best player this season so yes he should win it.

He''s also been the best player in previous seasons and not won it so yes he should win it.

I believe it''s a brilliant way to show our appreciation for his fantastic commitment and achievements at the club (very rare for a player to spend so long at one club these days) so yes he should win it.

Jacob has had a fantastic breakthrough season, Jeromes worked his socks off and been under appreciated, Howsons been great in patches, Oliveiras made an impact and shown promise for next season, Dijks has had an extremely enjoyable cameo and we''ve seen some positive signs from youngsters and others for a promotion push next season. But Wes has been the most consistent and the one player we''ve really missed when not in the side, so yes he should win it.

However you look at it, Wes should win it. (Imo)

Wes hasn''t been the best player this season, I''m not sure he has even been in the top 3 and that''s been in a pretty awfull season.

Certainly hasn''t been a season where i think he''s wrongly been beaten to top spot.

Personally think it''s a bit embarrassing to give it to him for sentimental reasons. It''s player of the season not best player of the last 9 years. He will get his rewards and praise when he gets a testimonial.

Not even top three?!

Blimey, which three (at least) players do you think deserve it more than Hoolahan, based on just this season?

For me there are only really four people, Wes included, who could mount a viable claim to be POTS and I''m struggling to see how any of the other three can mount a more serious argument that Wessi.

The three are Howson, Ja Murphy and Pinto. I think you can dismiss the latter because it would be a joke to award POTS to a member of our defence this season. Howson has had too many games where he has been anonymous and made zero impact. You can say the same for Wes, but in Howson''s position you simply cannot afford to drift in and out of matches. Jacob Murphy has taken inconsistency to a new level. Understandable for the young lad but you don''t get bonus points for being inexperienced where the Barry Butler trophy is concerned.

I know some are banging the drum for CamJam but they''ve got short memories. His wastefulness earlier in the season has cost us a whole bucket of points. If he''d have converted even half of the sitters he''s missed this season QPR would not be the last team to be visiting Carrow Road in May.

Wes has done as much as Howson and Murphy in my eyes. He has had better seasons for sure but that goes for everybody who has featured in a Norwich shirt this season.

Sentimentality aside, Wes would be a worthy winner in an abysmal season.

Yep Wes or jerome. I went for Wes but Jerome would be unlucky to miss out this season

Is there a way of voting without letting NCFC rape your personal details and flog them to all and sundry? I tried to do it online but there was not an opt out, by voting you basically consent to let NCFC use your data to sell to any ambulance chaser or PPI recovery agent.

No standout this season.

Prichard and Oliveira have scored some memorial goals. But neither have not played many games.

Jacob Murphy has also scored memorial goals but struggled in the second part of the season.

Howson has been consistently good and not great.

Pinto is a great outlet and crowd pleaser but terrible defender.

So for me it''s between Hoolahan and Jerome. Jerome would probably shade it if he hadn''t missed so many goals. Real close. Maybe Hoolahan.

I wouldn''t be unhappy with either of those two.

[quote user="canarydan23"]Is there a way of voting without letting NCFC rape your personal details and flog them to all and sundry? I tried to do it online but there was not an opt out, by voting you basically consent to let NCFC use your data to sell to any ambulance chaser or PPI recovery agent.[/quote]I noticed that too, ridiculous. It wouldn''t let me vote until I''d entered something in the phone number field, despite it not having a ''field required'' asterisk. I put a fake number in. Really bad practice by the club.