Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Another Canaries world problem

I subscribed to Canaries world last month  ,  but find I cannot access the video / audio  functions ....  the video screen appears , but as soon as I press the " play " button  , the following message appears :-

Windows media player cannot find the specified file

= path to the file is not correct

Errr ID =0xC00d 1197, Remedy ID = 0x00000000

I have windows XP Pro

my server is NTL   [ broadband ]

Try and see if there are any updates available for your version of Windows Media Player. To do this, make sure you are connected to the Internet, start your Media Player and then go to the Help Menu. You will see an option there entitled "Check For Player Updates".

If you do update, you may need to reboot your PC afterwards. That may help, although there are not too many goals to see at the moment!

[quote]I subscribed to Canaries world last month , but find I cannot access the video / audio functions .... the video screen appears , but as soon as I press the " play " button , the following message...[/quote]

Does the occur on all files you try to play, or only specific ones? I say this, as I found I couldn''t access the Northampton highlights this morning (file not found), yet all the others work fine.

[quote]I used to get that, but upgrading media player sorted it, as CanaryBoy suggested.[/quote]

It''s not NTL - I''m with them and mine is fine.

Mind you, NTL don''t get many things right

Thanx Canary boy , and others ,   I went into Media player , downloaded  media version 10 , and , up came the video and audio !    apparently you can`t get  a full 90 minutes   of our matches ? or am I mad to think this was possible , LOL  [ probably ]