Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Webber's influence

Yes he''s another one who could work in our new set up Alex, what do you think to Monk?

Way I see it, having Webber in the SD role will allow whoever is eventually confirmed as HC the freedom to purely manage football- like if you put streamlined mode on for FM. It would also, hopefully, prevent the poor decisions made at the club these past few years and we would only be better for it.

Example:

AN: Hi everyone, I''m the new Norwich manager in January 2015. My first major transfer action will be to buy my best player at Hamilton, Tony Andreu, because he was my best player at Hamilton.

SD: Well Alex, as much as we welcome your enthusiasm in your new role, there is already a very good AM called Wes Hoolahan at the club who isn''t even starting every game this year. Unfortunately, as Hamilton are very much a step down from our level, I think this would be a bad move.

AN: Jinkeys! I didn''t think of it that way. Ok, no French waste-of-wage this time.

For Tony Andreu, also see Michael McGovern, letting Toffolo back out on loan, selling Olsson and Brady to finance Wildschut and buying Maddison, Pritchard and Naismith in the same 8 months. I just feel with a ''football man'' with a wider perspective on the project at hand, these silly mistakes don''t happen.

Onwards and upwards!

After Fulham''s embarrassing antics at Carrow Road the other week, I''d genuinely consider returning my season ticket if Jokanovic ever found his way here. Awful, dirty, cheating tactics that I would derive no pleasure from winning with.

I appreciate I''m probably in the minority here and that the win-at-all-costs mentality is vogue, but I guess that just makes me a better person than you all.

Fortunately, if Fulham go up he''ll stay and if they don''t he will probably be in line for a top flight job long before Christmas.

Webber does interview... states the bleeding obvious.... all hail the savour.....

Excuse me if I wait until next season / results / league position / transfer dealings / 24 months down the line...etc.

Ps Anyone want to buy a football shirt with Wolfswinkel on the back?

Webber is far too ambitious when compared to The Stowmarket Two, so enjoy his honesty while you can.

Two seasons then he''ll be gone. Footballing Littlest Hobo.

[quote user="komakino"]Webber is far too ambitious when compared to The Stowmarket Two, so enjoy his honesty while you can.

Two seasons then he''ll be gone. Footballing Littlest Hobo.[/quote]An odd way to demonstrate your supposed lack of ambition by going out of your way to choose someone so obviously ambitious...

[quote user="hogesar"]Komakino typically struggles on here.[/quote]

Really?

You''ve got faith in the board - I haven''t. It''s all smoke and mirrors.

"Buying Maddison, Pritchard and Naismith in the same 8 months."

How much of the imbalance in the squad do you think was down to which moves bore fruit?

What I mean by this is, how much of the abundance of Number 10s for example was unplanned.

Consider that we have Hoolahan and Naismith on the books in the summer window. Naismith on high wages, with a high book value, was perhaps expected to clear off. Thus the need for a replacement was identified. We chased a number of targets for perhaps one place, facing stiff competition for both players and maybe races we didnt win.

We managed to get Pritchard (perhaps still expecting Naismith to be off) apparently with him on his way to Brighton, so we throw everything at the transfer to get it over the line. Perhaps that was unexpected. Then we find ourselves still in the race for Maddison, up against clubs lik Liverpool I remember being the story. We get this one over the line on transfer deadline day, essentially being given the option of acquiring a talent, or letting him slip away, and we have to make a quick decision as its deadline day. Then Naismith stays, so we''re overloaded.

The squad was imbalanced, but I suppose whichever deals (selling or buying) come through are out of your control and it becomes a decision on the player.

Both Pritchard and Maddison are great talents, and give us alternatives to Wes which we never had before, especially with us not knowing how long he has left.

Although the squad was imbalanced, the acquisitions are quality, and the surplus will certainly go this window

It could well be that circumstances with no.10s were reasonably out of our hands; Naismith breaking down negotiations with Sunderland, and Brady not leaving in the summer as we all thought. The point I was getting at was that those in charge of the football club should have been prescient enough to prevent such an overload. I could understand one misjudgement at multi-million pound level.

It all strikes as decisions being hastily made in a naive manner, which maybe reflects a junior manager who suddenly has a £50mil budget to spend and a taste for attacking midfielders. The greater point being how valuable oversight could be for us.

By ''surplus'', do you mean Naismith? If rumours are to be believed, he turned down personal terms at Sunderland. If he''s looking to get away, I can''t see many Prem clubs coming in for him, especially if he doesn''t lower his wage demands.

Webber''s talked about our ageing squad, so I''m fully expecting a blend of young players with some experienced heads to help them along. Of the old guard, Bassong, Lafferty, Turner, Mulumbu, Whittaker will leave, and possibly Naismith, Bennett and Ruddy. Personally, I hope Martin, Wes and Ruddy stay and, I''m probably in the minority, but I''d like Naismith to be here too to guide players like Maddison, Pritchard, Toffolo and the Murphys.