Sign in to follow this  
Hackedoff

Garry Monk

James Nursey will get it right eventually, he has already had ''exclusives'' for us re.Alan Pardew getting the job and Gary Rowett being interviewed...

If we are talking of potential, then why would Monk leave Leeds for us.

Dodgy owner I know but if they get it right then they could offer more than us.

Not sure I want a coach with rhyming slang as a name though.

I really, really hope not. He has done a great job at Leeds you have to admit but I''m not at all sure about him after his shoulder barge and after match comments v Huddersfield. Perhaps this journo is just trying to ramp up the stakes before our next match at the weekend by taunting Leeds fans that we have a god given right to take what is theirs.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]James Nursey will get it right eventually, he has already had ''exclusives'' for us re.Alan Pardew getting the job and Gary Rowett being interviewed...[/quote]The journalist who does seem to have an inside track to Stuart Webber is Nick Mashiter. His tweets/stories are probably the ones to watch.

Agree Purple re Nick Mashiter he hasnt got much wrong about us past couple of months

I don''t think he''s a bad option. It would almost be worth it just for the absolute hernia it would give all the Leeds fans!! They hate us for taking all their best players (even when they didn''t work out like Becchio!) so taking the only recent manager who has been good for them would be the crowning insult.

As for Leeds being able to offer more I totally disagree with that. Right now, for a manager, you offer them Leeds or Norwich that is by no means a given one way or other. Leeds have ultimately more potential but that''s only if they actually get up. We are financially stronger with them having been broke and in the lower divisions for years, we have a much better off field set up, they have a trigger happy unpredictable owner whose commitment to the club is questionable at best, and man for man we have a better squad right now. Actually, forget that it''s not a given, right now, today, we are clearly a better prospect for a good young manager that Leeds. You wouldn''t just choose Leeds because of what they COULD be when they are a long way from that and not as well equipped to make them that force that they once were.

I think it''s very credible that Webber would have Monk high on his list.

Isn''t Monk on a one year contract and refusing to sign an extension currently?

All would make sense.

Hasn''t he managed a side to one position better than we currently are?

Quite user= They call me the Chihauhau. "He looks to much like the kid from This is England for my liking".

He''s got a bit of a clean-shaven Ricky Wilson (Kaiser Chiefs frontman and Leeds Utd fan) about him.