Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Madison

I really hope there isn''t a no trade clause in Naismiths contract cause I really hope Madison isn''t released for Madison. Madison is one of the bright sparks of the clubs future we need to make sure Webber knows that. I hate the thought of us letting him go. Give me Pritchard & Madison anyday. Webbers comments the other day makes me nervous about it all.

From google... A no-trade clause is an amendment to a contract, usually relevant in American professional sports, wherein a player may not be traded to another club without the player''s consent. Sometimes this clause is implemented by the club itself, but the vast majority are requested by the athlete and his sports agent.

With Naismith being a veteran of the game I could see him telling his agent he wants stability and making the club agree to that

Webber will without doubt make some decisions about our playing squad that will sit uncomfortably with a number of fans but we MUST trust the man. It is going to be a long summer with surprises and raised eyebrows along the way. By the way i must ask what you mean by a '' no trade clause in Naismith''s contract'' ?

Doesnt really apply to football though does it, especially over here. If a player doesnt want to move, they just dont agree terms.

American football is very different with wage caps, drafting etc etc.

Ah.

No such thing in European football. In American sports clubs can buy a player''s contract but that is contrary to UEFA and FIFA rules, meaning a player has to agree terms with a club personally - no player can be sold/signed without the player''s consent.

Sorry you must have replied as i was posting but i seriously do not think that Webber will be bowing down to agents or players demands as he dismantles and rebuilds the squad.

I agree about ruffling feathers ... maybe like R. Martin being released but sorry we need to hold onto Madison. The no trade clause I explained above I could just see Naismith putting that in his contact that he gets to decide his future.

From what I saw " Many European leagues, mostly professional soccer and basketball, also implement these contract amendments"

Btw I don''t see Webber bowing to agents either but if it was already in place there isn''t much he can do about that.

There is no such thing as the clause as FIFAPRO rules set out that players have to agree a personal contract with a club and that contract is not transferable. The clause doesn''t exist as effectively every player automatically has it.

Have you ever heard of a footballer being transferred to another club against their will?

Naismith moving on will be determined by whether a club wants to sign him and whether he can agree personal terms. Maddison is a prospect but has yet to really show he is ready for Championship football - some mixed performances in Scotland and League One are all he has on his CV so far. Personally, like Webber hints to in his interview, a loan somewhere for him to player 30 odd games could potentially be the best move for him.

Also, even if Naismith goes Maddison will still have Pritchard ahead of him.

Given his role in our club and previous ones I imagine Webber is as capable as the rest of us of working out who are the best players to keep and who can leave. It''s those pesky issues of contracts, who will take them off our hands, paying them up and so forth that muddy the waters.

Don''t get me wrong, I am as excited about Maddison''s perceived ability and potential as anyone, but I really don''t know what I can do at this stage to "make sure Webber knows that". What did you have in mind?

Maddison will not be going anywhere on a permanent basis, that''s for sure. I''m not really sure Naismith is going to be the issue, but rather the form of Pritchard in that role.

No offence to Naismith, he''s tried and played well at times, but I would imagine he''s on decent wages and if he is genuinely not 100% happy here could be on the move in the summer anyway.