Sign in to follow this  
Alan

Kyle Lafferty

If Kyle Lafferty had been that keen on going to Rangers I am sure he could have had a load deal like Tony Andrue, gone up to Scotland and had a season of football instead of not even being a benchwarmer. Seems like actually playing football was not a high priority.

It''s easy to turn down 30k a week elsewhere when you''re getting £40k a week to sit on the bench (hypothetical figures).

Obviously if the £40k a week disappears, all options suddenly appear more attractive.

We would all do the same I''m sure, if we were in that fortunate and privileged position.

I would have thought it was probably the club that wouldn''t have sanctioned a loan move for Lafferty back in January. Morris was going on loan after his injury cleared up, leaving Lafferty as the only backup to Jerome and Oliveira. Nice try OP

Laff''s was here cos he needed to be here. One of Jerome or Oliveira get crocked, he was our last option!

I''d imagine he''ll be gone in the summer though with some new blood coming in, wishful thinking maybe...

During one transfer window I remember AN saying the club was only interested in a permanent deal for Lafferty and wouldn''t agree to him going out on loan again.  At that point there was obviously interest on a loan move but not for anything permanent.