Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Leeds v Norwich

Only Rotherham have conceded more goals than Norwich. Embarrassing for a team and defense relegated from the Premier League last season. The whole defense has to be sold and replaced. The goalkeeper too. Hope the clown Steven Naismith has played his last game for the club. Let the team and club down to be unessessary sent off.

People forget that before Neil was sacked we would have been pleased with an away draw against a side who have spent a lot of this season in the top six. Our record against teams above us was dire. Irvine has made a big improvement to our performances.

I''m not saying we should give him the coach''s job, he has said he doesn''t want it, and I don''t think he''s what Webber is looking for. But if he wants a job elsewhere in our structure I''d be happy to see him here.

Yes we ruined Leeds party, but to blow a 3 goal lead like that shows there is no leadership, guts or passion in that team! I really hope the majority of those who played today have played their last ever game for us, especially as there is no reason not to give some youth a chance next week, but with the Second Clueless Scot in charge I doubt he will change much at all!

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]That''s the dirty Leeds hopes dashed. Monk available now?[/quote]The plan today was to wreck Leeds'' season. We did that, job done.[Y]

Once again as for most of the season, our woeful team of defenders have failed to keep their Leeds 😉

Sad truth is, that''s the perfect result today for me, we shit on Leeds season hopes as we have nothing to play for ourselves, grab a few nice goals and highlight even further to Webber how much the defence needs a major overhaul.

It may seem tragic that all we can celebrate is dirty Leeds not reaching the playoffs at our expense but that sums up this season perfectly. we''ll be back, stronger next season. we''ve done the hard work putting together a coherent goalscoring machine, now we just need a couple of basic cbs that can do the basics right as our current crop can''t seem to manage that. hopefully that''s that for Ryan Bennett now or he has some magician cast some spells on him this summer. Same could be said for all our cbs to be fair though.

Despite the fact we overpaid for him, I don''t get the hate for naismith. there are far worse and far lazier players in our side. naismith has been pretty decent recently, kind of hope he stays.

Baldyboy, the "clueless" Irvine has achieved wins against Reading, Preston (away) and Brighton, and drawn against Leeds (away). Do you think that would have happened under Neil?

I''d have taken a point before the game. It''s hard not to feel very disappointed though.

As others have said, this game just shows again how much we need to revamp our defense for next season. Goals are not the problem, it sounds like we could have had six today.

I don''t know I haven''t got a crystal ball! How the hell can people praise him after we blew a 3 goal lead ffs? He only used 2 subs yet again, if he was any good he would have been able to change things and win the game not blow a 3 goal lead!! It makes me laugh how people laud him when earlier in the season people were saying he''s as much of the problem as the other Scottish tool was! If his coaching is that good how come our players, especially the defenders, still can''t defend?

Agreed TJ. Naismith never lazy and constantly trying to keep the team organised and up for the fight.

Enjoyable game. Summed up our season, but most importantly ruined Leeds''. Score line was fun as we gave them a hope they''d grab a win and still be in the play off hunt...but nope, another championship season for dirty Leeds.

Would be hilarious if we know took their manager.

Nuff Said wrote the following post at 2017-04-29 9:04 PM:

People forget that before Neil was sacked we would have been pleased with an away draw against a side who have spent a lot of this season in the top six. Our record against teams above us was dire. Irvine has made a big improvement to our performances.

I''m not saying we should give him the coach''s job, he has said he doesn''t want it, and I don''t think he''s what Webber is looking for. But if he wants a job elsewhere in our structure I''d be happy to see him here.

Perhaps aligned to the fact that he played the best player on the books in Pritchard (who has actually apparently played more games under Irvine than Neil)!

[quote user="Baldyboy"]I don''t know I haven''t got a crystal ball! How the hell can people praise him after we blew a 3 goal lead ffs? He only used 2 subs yet again, if he was any good he would have been able to change things and win the game not blow a 3 goal lead!! It makes me laugh how people laud him when earlier in the season people were saying he''s as much of the problem as the other Scottish tool was! If his coaching is that good how come our players, especially the defenders, still can''t defend?[/quote]For getting that three goal lead in the first place, maybe?

Baldyboy: "It makes me laugh how people laud him when earlier in the season people were saying he''s as much of the problem as the other Scottish tool was"

Well, possibly the people who "laud" him (I''m not claiming he''s the Messiah, just that he''s done a reasonable job of improving results in the short time he''s had) are not the same people who were calling him a problem earlier in the season?

Carrow are you for real?

For getting that 3 goal lead! You mean the 3 goal lead that won us .... oh hang on!

Unbelievable!

Whereas your upset is quite believable. Listening to the game and seeing the brief highlights we were the better team and could have won it, bar a couple of silly goals let in. If it is only on the result most would have taken a draw at Leeds a few weeks back. On playing, most will be pleased that in yet another game we were the better side. Pleased that players with quality are actually able to deliver, and score three away from home.

Why turn on Irvine and Naismith?

Irvine is going, we know that. He was asked to do a job and he has done it. Beat QPR and he has a reasonable record.

But he isn''t going to be here.

I have heard stories about Naismith''s wages and there wouldn''t be too many in the Prem unhappy with them. But that is rumour. If true then he has to be given a new contract or the door.

But he has shown a real willingness to work hard and organise a woefully inconsistent and vulnerable team at times. Playing him in a team that is more solid in our own half might just give him the chance to push forward and support.

The club has to honour the contract both signed. However I''m sure there was a relegation clause in all the contracts so it will not be the same as in the PL. If he leaves the club will still have to make up any difference in his new contract. Keep him. He has the passion to get us up next season. It is Mulumbu and Tettey plus Hoolahan who will move on.