Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Brady on the bench tonight

Makes me wonder if we did not do well to get the amount we did for him.

He was never a great player for us, not helped I guess by AN playing him as a full back

Overrated and tbh a marquee signing that none of us felt was going to be a differene maker. He proved to be a player that is easily forgettable and cost 7 million that should have gone elsewhere. Should have been sold after the World Cup, somehow we sold him 6 months later to burnley for a massive amount.

I think we saw his level and somehow got a great price. Not missed and will not be remembered in years to come.

A friend of mine is Burnley from way way back and he says we ought to apologise toBurnley for taking the mickey and Dyche ought to apologise to Burnley fans for buying him.

£4m player, which is why we offered £2m originally. We overpaid massively for him and what Burnley paid is just silly.

Thats the modern game, clubs falling over themselves to pay massively over inflated prices for average to decent players. I dont like it one bit but it''s not going to to stop anytime soon look at ourselves and Wildschut.

Not consistent at all, even at his age and deceptively slow as a player. I thought, based on clips we were getting a lightning quick winger with good delivery. That good delivery only shows itself one every 5 games and even though he''s capable of running fast and powering forward with the ball he''s often very reluctant, strikes me as laziness.

He got away with it somewhat here with the other issues we had but I can''t see Dyche putting up with him going through the motions. The individual responsibility he places on his players in that 442 is massive as well, every player has to be at 100% to make it work, I totally understand why he''s not been a regular starter there yet. I just wish AN wasn''t so soft on him and didn''t play him every game even though sometimes he clearly couldn''t be bothered.

[quote user="Van wink"]He''s a far better player than Wildshut imo[/quote]

Could not agree more. Wildshut was a panic buy in the last day of the window.

Wigan must have rubbed their hand all the way to the bank.

I have said so many times, a club like ours cannot afford to spend £7m on players like him and Naismith.

These players are not overpriced though. This is the price of players in the pool we have been fishing. Some like Brady and Snoddy have managed to find similar PL clubs. Others like RVW have found their level in lesser leagues. Only Redmond has stepped up a level and we gambled on his potential. Which is something we did with Canos that didn''t end so well. The criticism I have seen from the sporting director seems to be about the recruitment failing to provide a balanced squad.