Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

Brighton 0-1 Bristol City 1 !

Wait for it: "Well that proves we''re still sh*t. Irvine\Delia\ Balls\Webber\Archant... out!"

Aye its horrible to have 92 points and automatic promotion...after all its the taking part that counts[^o)]

Will still hurt when you were 4 points clear with a game in hand, and the title was yours for the taking.

I would imagine he was in Brighton earlier and will be taking his stock to Villa next week as well I suspect.And how certain in looked before the game at Carrow Road.

I cannot possibly contain any resentment for Brighton, historically similar if not smaller in statue to us really.

Nowadays they seem to have got things very right. Lovely new ground, large crowds and all without spending vast sums of money by the standards that exist today.

I''m quite jealous. It should be us but they had the better manager.

I''ve stated before that I always rated Hughton but also that I did not have to sit through some of those awful games he was responsible for at Carrow Road.

I wish we would have persevered longer with him. We might be up there by now. All we''ve had is upheaval since.

Adams, McNally, Neil, Moxey and most of the backroom staff all gone.

Now from being in a position of one of the favourites for promotion in the view of most pundits we are re-building.

This could go either way. Thank goodness we have one more year of parachutes. Fail next season and we could well be more of an Ipswich Town than a WBA.

If we do get up let''s hope things are handled better than last time. No big, big money signings, no massive pay rises just keep more or bless the same team that won promotion (whatever that team might be.)

If we go straight down then we go down rich, which is the bottom line nowadays. We will be stronger.

The Norwich model.

[quote user="Carrow89"]Will still hurt when you were 4 points clear with a game in hand, and the title was yours for the taking.[/quote]Would hurt even more if you had bet on Brighton winning the Championship a couple of games ago. They were '' home and hosed '' at 1/25.Now they''re sweating at 8/11.....

[quote user="Herman"]Chris is just getting the fans used to the scoreline.[/quote]
I suspect he''s more than likely getting them used to the halfway line, as in, "Don''t venture over there!"

I think it''s pretty fair to say that Brighton fans are still happier with how their season has gone than we are!

I should imagine that there are quite a few other club''s fans happier than us about how their season went. But that is not the point of this thread. From being a possible seven points ahead (game in hand) with three games to go Brighton have almost thrown it away. No amount of digs at us will change that.

I have a feeling we will get a week by week game by game report on Brighton posted on here throughout next season. Just a feeling mind you. [:P]

[quote user="Carrow89"]I should imagine that there are quite a few other club''s fans happier than us about how their season went. But that is not the point of this thread. From being a possible seven points ahead (game in hand) with three games to go Brighton have almost thrown it away. No amount of digs at us will change that.[/quote]The point of this thread is to grasp at any straw available to reinforce your pathetic prejudice against Chris Hughton. No amount of digs by you will change the fact that he and his Brighton team have resiliently overcome their disappointment in last season''s play-offs, come back stronger and done even better this season, and with one game to play, top the league ahead of odds-on favourites Newcastle, and can still win the Championship by equalling or bettering Toon''s result on Sunday. If you can''t give credit where it is clearly due you''d be better to keep quiet than publicly display your mean spiritedness.

That is your interpretation. As far as I was concerned it was about Brighton stumbling in the last furlong, when they were as good as past the winning post.No mention of Chris Hughton, or any gloating either.Just pointing out the facts. Shame you can''t stick to that in your reply.