Sign in to follow this  
cambscanary

David Wagner

I have it on fairly good authority that we are waiting for the outcome of the play-offs and, should Huddersfield not make it, we will be going ''all out'' for David Wagner as our new HC.

Cambs

Lets all hope you are right. At least we would know with 100% certainty the he and Webber would work together OK. Can''t afford a clash of personality at this level

After Webber''s comments in that ACN article...

"I think it will depend on the situation they’re in at their respective clubs, and then when their season is finished"

...it appears quite clear that whoever we are targeting is likely to be featuring in a playoff campaign.

I''d be very surprised if it was anyone other than Wagner or Rosler.

[quote user="unique"]Or Monk.......[/quote]Ooh, good shout. I love stealing from Leeds... [Y]

Would welcome Wagner with open arms. He has the massive respect of his players. What he has done ( with Webber) has been phenomenal.

He seems the most obvious choice out the popular trio mentioned . If Webber''s and Wagner''s relationship was good on a personal level then I think he''s coming .

You get the impression it''s already sorted and probably was many weeks ago .

Based on previously working together or desires to work together it seems like its Wagner or Rosler. Certainly the quotes from the most recent Webber articles suggest we''re waiting for their current team''s season to end. So, if either don''t make the playoff finals, it could be as soon as May 8th. If it is Wagner and they do go up, I wonder if he''ll still come?

On the downside, if it does turn out to be Wagner and they do well here we could be looking for both a new sporting director and head coach at the same time.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]On the downside, if it does turn out to be Wagner and they do well here we could be looking for both a new sporting director and head coach at the same time.[/quote]Yeh, lets just be unsuccesful because they''ll stick around and we won''t have to worry about appointing people.

I thought Webber had already said he wouldnt be going back for Wagner or did I dream that?

[quote user="Diane"]I thought Webber had already said he wouldnt be going back for Wagner or did I dream that?[/quote]

No, read that in an early interview with him and think he made that quite categorical.

Of course, he could have meant that was how it was at the time not necessarily the future. And, given the reasons he chose to come to Norwich and his explanations of how we. in his opinion, surpassed Huddersfield, there''s no reason to think Wagner wouldn''t think along the same lines.

All the same, would be surprised if it is David Wagner, think Rosler will be number one choice for Webber.

He said this on the 7th April, could mean ''no'' or ''no agreement'', take your pick."After his success in guiding Huddersfield to the upper

echelons of the Championship this season alongside Wagner, the German

coach has featured highly in speculation about who will become City’s

head coach under Webber – but the 33-year-old says that will not be the

case.

“No,” he said simply when asked about Wagner, later

clarifying that no agreement was in place with the Terriers to prevent

such a deal. “I’ve literally met with a couple of members of the board,

we’ve got a meeting this afternoon where I need a little more clarity on

what does it look like in the short term, medium and long term."

Perhaps I have misremembered but I though when Webber answered "No" he was answering a clear question of "is there anything in place to prevent you going back in for the manager"

[quote user="Diane"]I thought Webber had already said he wouldnt be going back for Wagner or did I dream that?[/quote]

Theresa May said she wouldnt call a snap election. Robert Chase said he wouldnt be selling Sutton! Bill Clinton said he ''did not have sexual relations with that woman''

Wagner may struggle next season at Huddersfield if they don''t achieve promotion. They have a mixed squad of aging players and loanees. Second season syndrome beckons me thinks. Could be a good opportunity for Wagner to bail out on a high, and come here.

What about if Leicester want a higher profile name than Craig Shakespeare, he would fit the structure here and may find it tricky to get another role as a number 2 (I mean a manager could be hiring his replacement!!) and probably won''t get an immediate premiership offer......

[quote user="djc"]Wagner may struggle next season at Huddersfield if they don''t achieve promotion. They have a mixed squad of aging players and loanees. Second season syndrome beckons me thinks. Could be a good opportunity for Wagner to bail out on a high, and come here.[/quote]

Whatever was said (or meant) back in April, now that he''s been here a while there''s nothing stopping us going back for Wagner and he certainly seemed a lot more tactically astute and able to get the best out of his squad than our manager.

From Webber''s comments about the timing I think it''s pretty clear we''re interested in a manager who''ll be in the playoffs and it wouldn''t be surprising if we''re interested in a couple and if one gets promoted, we''ll go for the other.

The obvious ones are Wagner, Rosler and Monk. Now Leeds are out of the playoffs, if we don''t hear anything soon, does that mean it''s not Monk?

As Wagner accused Webber of ''leaving Huddersfield by the back door'' I wouldn''t think he (Wagner) will be joining NCFC.

Didn''t the club or Webber said there would be a shortlist of two and they would see how it went from there? There is also the possibility of the new man being someone from the continent. I don''t think whoever is appointed there would be a clash later on. That would be well sorted out before he was appointed.

The Great Mass Debater wrote the following post at 28/04/2017 3:29 PM:

Diane wrote:
I thought Webber had already said he wouldnt be going back for Wagner or did I dream that?

Theresa May said she wouldnt call a snap election. Robert Chase said he wouldnt be selling Sutton! Bill Clinton said he ''did not have sexual relations with that woman''

Whilst the PM can request a snap election it is the House of Commons with at least a 66% vote in favour that calls it. Should the House wish to call an election that thePMhas not requested they then have to call for a vote of no confidence in the government and win that vote. This was how the Winter of Discontent Labour government under Sunny Jim '' CrIsis what crisis? '' Callaghan was removed by marvellous Maggie and co.

[quote user="City 2nd"]As Wagner accused Webber of ''leaving Huddersfield by the back door'' I wouldn''t think he (Wagner) will be joining NCFC.[/quote]

Much like a player from Colchester called Tierney, who said uncomplimentary things about Norwich City, then signed for us.

Wagner has had one good season - although that is more than Weber has. We are stuck with very limited choices because of the new structure, and the appointment of a loud mouthed new Director who has achieved nothing apart from criticising recruitment staff, coaches, the previous manager, the players, and the fans. You wonder how we ever made it into the Premier without him!

We would have more choice if we wanted a Manager. None of the names mentioned are winners, or have a record of sustained achievement.

We had a disappointing season and threw everything away. Recruitment had been poor, but the knee jerk reaction of gambling on Weber and the new structure is no more likely to pay off than was appointing a traditional manager.