Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Well, one of them is going

One of Birmingham (away at Bristol City), Forest (home to the Binners) or Blackburn (away at Brentford) will be relegated next week.

They would probably call themselves ''big'' clubs. Yes we have problems here, but..............

The Brum fans must be seething. Had a good manager sacked for a ''big name'' and now find themselves in this. Terrible decision making by their owners.Careful what you wish for.....

And grateful that Huddersfield put out a weakened team this afternoon. Wagner made 10 changes, which is not really in the spirit of things given that had Huddersfield needed 3 points to reach a play off place they would not have done that. Not sure if they have a case to answer but it seems wrong.

Forest have of course been in the 3rd tier in recent times, they spent 3 seasons there from around 2005 wasn''t it?

[quote user="Carrow89"]And grateful that Huddersfield put out a weakened team this afternoon. Wagner made 10 changes, which is not really in the spirit of things given that had Huddersfield needed 3 points to reach a play off place they would not have done that. Not sure if they have a case to answer but it seems wrong.[/quote]

Total disgrace. Dock them some points perhaps?

I think Wagner would defend his decisions over recent matches. He is rotating his squad, to keep key players fit for the playoffs whilst giving fringe players both game time and opportunity to battle for places. We wouldn''t complain if it were us. And I still hope Huddersfield blow it, and then we recruit Wagner for next season.

keelansgrandad wrote the following post at 2017-04-30 12:37 AM:

Carrow89 wrote:
And grateful that Huddersfield put out a weakened team this afternoon. Wagner made 10 changes, which is not really in the spirit of things given that had Huddersfield needed 3 points to reach a play off place they would not have done that. Not sure if they have a case to answer but it seems wrong.

Why? Have they broken any rules? All the players representing them today are squad members and their playing registration is held by the EFL. How can they be docked for playing players registered as part of their allowed squad members?

where in the rule book does it say you have to play your best side every week?Huddersfield broke no rules... fair play to them.

Not so sure that''s necessary - they haven''t played any more games than anyone else in recent weeks, surely you want your players to have a bit of form and momentum going into the playoffs - giving them all a rest, particularly the way they were stuffed by Fulham last week, sends out an odd message and isn''t particularly fair on the rest of the relegation threatened sides .

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Saving regulars for the play offs that''s all so no big deal really![/quote]Just have far off are these play offs ? Remember what happened to us in 1985.

[quote user="djc"]I think Wagner would defend his decisions over recent matches. He is rotating his squad, to keep key players fit for the playoffs whilst giving fringe players both game time and opportunity to battle for places. We wouldn''t complain if it were us. And I still hope Huddersfield blow it, and then we recruit Wagner for next season.[/quote]

Wouldn''t we? We would certainly complain if we were Blackburn. Pull off vital win only to see your rivals win with ten men for much of the game against a playoff team who decided to play their reserves. I would be livid.

Didn''t they play their second choice side against Man City in the FA Cup-and held them to a draw? Imagine what Man City would have done to our second XI 😳😳😳

Mr Angry wrote the following post at 2017-04-30 2:57 AM:

Didn''t they play their second choice side against Man City in the FA Cup-and held them to a draw? Imagine what Man City would have done to our second XI 😳😳😳

The second XI. Do we have such a thing? Imagine what they would have done to our first XI!

Oh yes, and for those that don''t remember http://that1980ssportsblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/198485-coventry-citys-great-escape.html

So who do you want down, and who do you think will go down ?Brum, if only because of Redknapp. But I think it will be Blackburn who do go down. At the top I am not bothered who wins the title. I just hope it to and fro''s a bit on the day

[quote user="City 2nd"]keelansgrandad wrote the following post at 2017-04-30 12:37 AM:

Carrow89 wrote:

Why? Have they broken any rules? All the players representing them today are squad members and their playing registration is held by the EFL. How can they be docked for playing players registered as part of their allowed squad members?[/quote]

Well it has caused enough fuss for the EFL to look at it.

And even if they haven''t broken the rules, why did he bring Wells and Mooy on when they were losing? Why risk them at all?

On a similar theme, who would people like to come up from League One?

Teams in the frame are Millwall (yeh I know) Scunthorpe, Bradford and Fleetwood

Fleetwood for the ground hoppers?

Scunthorpe fot the proximity. Fleetwood would not be able to offer many away seats, though I expect they would be nailed on favourites to go straight back down. Millwall, definitely no. Scum fans don''t deserve to be anywhere near CR.i wonder if Bristol City will keep up their fine form of late or will they take it easy now they are safe?. It also appears there is talk of Derby and Leicester fans joining in with the binners to watch Forest if they go down.