Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

"Over age players..not motivated"

Steve Stone has mentioned that part of City''s failings were in signing over age players who aren''t motivated to deliver. Apart from Lafferty and Bassong I cannot think of any other obvious candidates.

Probably more to do with retaining old players that aren''t motivated. There''s too many of them. Funny how they suddenly started playing once Webber arrived and the proverbial was about to be thrown at the fan.

I''m not too sure how much of an affect that had, given that their contracts are extremely water tight. I would add Mulumbu to that list and maybe Whittaker and Turner who were merely short term ''signings'' (kept on). What does come across is that the concentration is on developing younger players,as was before but may have lost a bit of focus over the last season or two.

I''d agree about adding Mulumbu to the list. One of my abiding memories of the lap of honour after the last home game last season was seeing him, Bassong and Vadis laughing, joking and basically showing zero respect to the fans. It really felt like he could not care any less about the fact that the team had been relegated.