Sign in to follow this  
staffordshire canary

Ruddy and Bennett...

I have convinced myself that the new coach is likely to be one who is going to play the pass and move game eg Wagner.

And I think that all of those players do not fit into that style (apart from Ruddy).

I have also convinced myself that we will look for offers for Tettey and Jarvis.

I have also convinced myself that with the remarks about age, the future according to Webber is the youngsters we have here. They will adapt to a new coach. They will be out to impress. They will be out to put a price tag on their heads.

And I''m sure the club will be bringing in players from areas not associated with us for two or three years.

We will have the pick of the lower leagues, simply on the basis of the wages we can offer. For most it will be a step up. however they will have to have the ability to step further up to the PL. What Webber has indicated is the days of stop gap players are over. It will be as much about the attitude of the player as his ability. Lafferty being an example of that. Whereas Martin, for all his present faults, has been the model professional. As stated on another thread I think we have young players coming through who will be up to the task, and will not have ''bad habits'' piked up from elsewhere either.

Good luck to all of them, unless they join Ipswich. With the exception of Lafferty they''ve all had decent seasons with us at some stage. Hopefully some of them will get a decent send off at the weekend.

They said it wasn''t ability and down to finances with Ruddy.

However he''s been loyal to the club and something tells me he''d have been willing to negotiate.

I think it''s a mix of Webber potentially seeing Rudd as 1st choice, plus the fact JR''s heart just isn''t in it anymore. The Everton injury had a bigger impact than we know.

Interesting McGovern and Jones are both kept ahead of him...

They''re not kept ahead of him though. They''re just simply not out of contract.

Ruddy leaves with my best wishes. Best of luck to him. He showed loyalty when his stock was high. Perhaps his injury, missing the England squad due to a hand(?) injury and that business in the town disrupted his career progress somewhat? Thanks Big John!

None of the rest even raise an eyebrow for me. They''re out of contract and the likes of Lafferty, Mulumbu and Bassong are presumably high earners. Whittaker is an honest pro and he still has something to offer elsewhere. Turner was kept for backup which wasn''t needed with hindsight. Bennett never really progressed here. Hopefully he can stay fit wherever he goes and nail down a full starting position.

Sensible start to what will hopefully be a busy summer.

[quote user="Move Klose"]"Rudd, Matthews, McGovern, Jones and Gunn - surely we don''t need 5 keepers!?"

Don''t think Bryan gunn has been a keeper for us for a while now.[/quote]

Was in response to posts suggesting Angus Gunn was on his way to us...

I work with a Charlton fan, goes home and away. Rudd impressed early on, but after a couple of months became inconsistent and his errors cost them goals and games.

In the end was nothing special, and not impossible to replace for them.

I hope we have better than him or McGovern lined up.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Contacts expire on 30th June, players won''t leave before then obviously.

Imagine Ruddy will be between the sticks on Saturday to give a fond(?) goodbye to Norwich fans.[/quote]

Not a great fan to not know we are playing Sunday, just a big mouth peace on this forum. Just talk sh.t.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I have convinced myself that the new coach is likely to be one who is going to play the pass and move game eg Wagner.

And I think that all of those players do not fit into that style (apart from Ruddy).

I have also convinced myself that we will look for offers for Tettey and Jarvis.

I have also convinced myself that with the remarks about age, the future according to Webber is the youngsters we have here. They will adapt to a new coach. They will be out to impress. They will be out to put a price tag on their heads.

And I''m sure the club will be bringing in players from areas not associated with us for two or three years.[/quote]

Offers for Tettey and Jarvis, another clueless fan - what club in world football will offer Money for Jarvis and pay him enough money for him to leave his NCFC contract. Unbelievable