Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Big hand for John Ruddy

He was involved in some great games and seasons, stayed loyal when we were relegated, always a good servant to the club. Think the wages were the main reason he is off- I for one will miss him between the sticks!

Let''s give him a huge cheer and send off for his last game!

Agree with all the above.

Got to remember that 5 years ago, he played for England whilst on our books. I know, he didn''t exactly soar afterwards, but when will be the next time we can say that? It could be decades.

He''s part of a very select NCFC club.

Lol if he had bigger hands he wouldn''t be leaving!

Perhaps I''m too nostalgic, I never felt "close" to Ruddy In the way I did say Bryan Gunn with his heading the crossbar banter every game with the fans, and picking his tight shorts out of his ar8se to the constant amusement of those thosends stood behind.

Ruddy on he other hand seemed to ignore fans before the game. In the zone maybe I don''t know, but like I say I never warmed to him. Can''t say I''m sorry he is going, nothing personal but we can do better

Ruddy has been the biggest player of those leaving, but most of them have done their bit and deserve a good send-off: Bassong was fantastic for a season or two, some of the blocks he put in were fantastic (and very much lacking in the defence of recent seasons); Whitts has done little to let us down and excellent in the play-off final; Bennett has rarely been first choice but always been ready (if not always great); Turner was fine for us but for a couple of seasons - maybe given too long a contract; Laffs and Mulumbu were reasonable signings for where we were but just dint really work out.

Shame for the big man, a decent keeper, at one time looked like he was going to be a great keeper, hope he gets a decent club. Didn''t he just move house a month or 2 ago?

He will get a decent move somewhere even if it''s as a No.2 at a prem side.

Sunderland are early favourites as Pickford looks like he''s going after getting relegated.

As I said on another thread, I reckon several of these guys will be good enough to go to other Champs sides, so we''ll no doubt see a few of them next season....that''s not to say we shouldn''t have released them, they''d run their course with us and we needed a refresh.

Over the years we have been blessed with some really good keepers and john Ruddy is certainly in that number. I''m pretty sure had we have gone up this season he would still be here. Sadly none of the keepers currently on our books fill me with confidence.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]Over the years we have been blessed with some really good keepers and john Ruddy is certainly in that number. I''m pretty sure had we have gone up this season he would still be here. Sadly none of the keepers currently on our books fill me with confidence.[/quote][Y]

On the performance front, most keepers who visited norwich this season played better than Ruddy.

Rudd needs to be in the team, and if not good enough look for a better keeper in Jan window

Have noticed when Ruddy is on the bench he never takes part in the half time warm up. Seems to me he is in a sulk when not in the first team

Since Ruddy came back in to the team he''s been celebrating every goal like it was the play-off final - even the seventh goal against Reading - and been much more vocal with his defenders. I thought he might make a decent shout for captain next season. No questioning his commitment for me. Being sold purely to free up his wages.

It will be sad to see him go as we shared many good times with him as our no. 1. I have heard he hasn''t been happy here for a while, and is more of a mutual departure rather than being shipped out because of wages.

I certainly hope wherever he goes he carries on having a successful career, just not if he plays against us!

Will there be a minutes applauding for big John on Sunday. I know we can''t be certain he will play, but would be a nice touch.

Not sure what minute would suit tho, as 1st for shirt number, or 7th for years of service, seem a bit early.

Anyone else seen anything along these lines elsewhere?

Wouldn''t surprise me if he ended up at Arsenal as back up to Czech as Ospina wants away, or even Chelsea as Begovic wants away too

he has had very patchy form for us,

he''s been through the good times and bad times with city, would i want him as our number 1 next season=no.

alot of wages for a keeper that was battling for a place with the useless mcgovern!

I wouldn''t think Ruddy would make the top five of all-time great Norwich keepers, despite his England call-up.

However he has probably been the most consistent keeper of all time for diving the wrong way when facing a penalty-kick.......

Hopefully we bring a keeper in who does his homework diligently and at least dives the right way from time to time, even if he fails to make the save......

Apart from that....thanks for the occasional shut-out........