Sign in to follow this  

Are our feeder club getting ideas above their station?

According to one of their hacks, Leeds should make a move for Alex Pritchard in the summer. Apparently, Alex is not having a great season with us at the moment, having only scored five goals and provided seven assists!

Unfortunately I can''t seem to get the link working but here is the reference:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/01/alex-pritchard-would-be-a-perfect-signing-for-leeds-united/

I get the feeling that in time we will look back at Alan Irvine''s short tenure and thank him for giving Pritchard a proper run in the team. He has shown his ability to cause the opposition serious problems around the box in the last few weeks. Because he personally has finished the season on a high after what must have been a frustrating campaign, you feel he might look forward with positivity to September and stick around. We may very well get two or three great years out of him, maybe more, who knows.

I can''t think of another club in the Championship better stocked in that particular area of the pitch with Pritchard, Naismith, Wes & now hopefully Maddison all capable of creating & scoring goals. Perhaps that is an aspect of the AN legacy we might feel positive about? I personally hope all 4 are still in the squad in September. If any of AP, SN or Wes were lining up against us, they would be identified as dangermen.

This whole article made me chuckle. My faviorite part was:-"Norwich may not be willing to part company with the former England

Under-21 international in the summer transfer window, but Leeds are a

bigger club
and could tempt the Canaries with a decent transfer fee."He might be right about them being a bigger club. If it was still 1971, but the slew of key Leeds United players that have jump at the first opportunity to play for us in recent years tells another story. If I were a Leeds fan I''d be more worried about us nicking their manager in the summer and then returning for Woods, rather than trying to sign a player who is likely to be key for us next season.

They probably are a bigger club.Just as they are a bigger club than Brighton. But I know which club will be easily able to pick any player from the other club in the next few months. And it isn''t Leeds. Similarly whatever gate receipts they may get they will not match the £32m we will get in parachute payments next season.And ironically it was Pritchard''s performance against them that put the final nail in their chances of reaching those PL riches.