Sign in to follow this  
pete

O'Neill in the frame

hes not really achieved anythingwe have players that have won things of more note than himhe doesnt have enough of a reputation to attract quality playershes not got ANY English league experiencehe will probably think keeping lafferty and mcgovern is a good idea

absolute joke appointment

Hasn''t Lafferty already been let go stan mate?

Wagner > Monk > Rosler >>>> O''Neill.Sure he has achieved good results with NI, but has spent six years setting up a team to either coast past utterly useless minnows, or defend deep with Lafferty up front against decent teams. Can''t see the experience or tactical acumen necessary for being a top team in the Championship or, indeed, surviving in the Premier League with a distinct footballing philosophy.

It was reported on Radio 5 this afternoon that we had held informal talks with O''Neill, but that we had also held similar talks with other potential candidates.

Make of that what you will.

Apples

I think it''s all a recycling of the ''BBC Radio Norfolk understands...'' news item published earlier today, picked up by (or sent to) BBC Sport for publication on the national BBC Football site.

McVeigh and Holt have tweeted that it would be quite a coup and a good appointment. McV may be biased, but probably knows him better than most.

I never for one moment imagined he would be on the list

and I haven''t a clue what his philosophy or style is.

But I guess someone has thought that he is worth speaking to.

If you''d asked me to come up with 20 names for head coach I still probably wouldn''t have come up with him. But then I don''t get paid to make the decision and I''m sure there''ll be some logic behind it.

Is this the best Weber can come up with? If this is true he is out of his depth - and we could have talked to this guy months ago rather than now.

I get the feeling Weber may think more of himself than others do. Perhaps good quality coaches aren''t keen on working with him. So far he has appointed two old mates from Wolves with no track record. I would have thought we would get a head of European recruitment from the continent.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]It was reported on Radio 5 this afternoon that we had held informal talks with O''Neill, but that we had also held similar talks with other potential candidates.

Make of that what you will.

Apples[/quote]How do you hold informal talks with people you are in employment and under contract with other clubs or countries ? Surely the approach has to be official and with their employers blessing and Webber did say that nothing would happen until our targets had completed the season at their respective clubs.

Why, it''s the cheap option 1st.

Coaching a national team is not like coaching a league team, totally different. You are either good at one or the other.

Hopefully just made up news.

It still managed to make the BBC football ceefax pages.

I guess it may be a contingency if Huddersfield or Fleetwood are promoted.

Will a manager feel he wants to come here if he is a contingency though?

They couldn''t get ''A'' who they really wanted or ''B'' who they''d quite liked to have had but hey ''C'', you''ll do....

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Will a manager feel he wants to come here if he is a contingency though?

They couldn''t get ''A'' who they really wanted or ''B'' who they''d quite liked to have had but hey ''C'', you''ll do....[/quote]

I think they know the score in these matters. That is why they are quite happy to step into the shoes of someone who has just been sacked.

O''Neill is refuting the Radio Norfolk story and says he isn''t looking to join us. We want a coach and he is a manager.

It is on the BBC Sport page.

He''s saying he never had any contact with Norwich so where on earth did the story come from that he was a contender?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Entirely consistent with the club''s ambition. Let''s not go for Monk, Wagner or, even, Rosler. League one here we come. You couldn''t make it up.[/quote]Lol! Someone did. [:D]