Sign in to follow this  
pete

O'Neill in the frame

Michael O''Neill in the frame for City coach apparently. Certain he will desert NI in the middle of World Cup campaign however not so sure. Unlikely rumour methinks.

Entirely consistent with the club''s ambition. Let''s not go for Monk, Wagner or, even, Rosler. League one here we come. You couldn''t make it up.

I see we''re still believing every "rumour" or "link" that we see, Highland? Gives you a good excuse to be angry I suppose.

Good to see a thread for our resident miserablists. There''s not been too much to moan about recently and this board has been quiet. Fill yer boots boys. [<:o)]

Reinventing complete negativity as ''realism'' ..........you couldnt make it up. Well, you could Highland..

The O''Neil rumour came from the Sun on Sunday , link was on twitter Sunday am but cant find the link now

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Entirely consistent with the club''s ambition. Let''s not go for Monk, Wagner or, even, Rosler. League one here we come. You couldn''t make it up.[/quote]Well someone has. Just as you are making up who the club is not going to go for.

What I think we need to keep in mind is we aren''t looking at a manager anymore- we are looking for a head coach.

In terms of managerial reputation and achievements, Michael O''Neill isn''t really all that- but you would assume if Webber is looking at him, his coaching ability is good enough.

What you can definitely say is he has limited resource in terms of players at NI but has them playing above their remit for the most part.

I''m thinking of starting a rumour that we''re going back for Bryan Gunn. It''ll be just as valid as this one & really make Mr. McTeagle delirious with delight.

Ron obvious wrote the following post at 01/05/2017 7:27 PM:

I''m thinking of starting a rumour that we''re going back for Bryan Gunn. It''ll be just as valid as this one & really make Mr. McTeagle delirious with delight.

Good idea Ron, it will have the clappers in absolute raptures. A positive step backwards.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Good idea Ron, it will have the clappers in absolute raptures.[/quote].....and you crappers spitting your dentures. [:S]

Once there was O''Neill, then came Neil A - giving way to A Neil, now the O''Neill.

lappinitup wrote the following post at 01/05/2017 9:22 PM:

Crafty Canary wrote:

Good idea Ron, it will have the clappers in absolute raptures.

.....and you crappers spitting your dentures. Tongue Tied [:S]

Dentures indeed, all my teeth are my own I''ll have you know.

As for crapping, There''s no chance of that where NCFC are concerned. Delia and MWJ killed any expectations I ever had for the club with their informative interview.

What is the matter with some on here: we aren''t after a ''manager'' we are after a Head Coach - it is totally different. If we were after the former I''d be right alongside the miserablists against O''Neil, but we aren''t and the simple fact is that he IS a decent coach, look what he''s done at N Ireland, getting the best out of what is mainly a bunch of lower league-style players.

of course you''re right.

Coaches of national sides include Worthy, Chris Coleman, Woy Hodgson etc.... he may be in their ilk.

O''Neill sounds like he has wife and two daughters living in Edinburgh which would maintain our Scottish connection. Do our managers/players like Naismith usually move their family closer to us eventually or commute to work??