Sign in to follow this  
damn that Ralph Coates!

Article today on the Fashanu brothers

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/01/john-fashanu-on-his-brother-justin-he-was-my-shining-light-he-became-my-arch-enemy?CMP=share_btn_tw

sad reading.

Who''ll ever forget that goal of the season Justin F scored 1980 v Liverpool....

we were 2-0 up home to Liverpool and lost 3-5 (not a lot changes here!!)

That''s one side of the story, some of us who were around at the time might well prefer to listen to Justin''s version, were that possible.

As per usual, any time John opens his mouth on the whole unfortunate tale, it tells us more of the kind of man John is rather than the gentleman Justin was.

RIP Justin, thanks for the memories

In the early 80''s, we were sending a player to New Zealand in our close season to play for Miramar, then a National League side from Wellington (even though I lived in Miramar, I was with Wellington City, Miramar''s deadly rivals).

John Fashanu was one who went out there and proved to be most unpopular and even had the temerity to charge for signed autographs of himself. Just a complete knob jockey.

I wouldn''t piddle on him if he was on fire.

John Fashanu is a horrible man and poor excuse for a human

Watch the documentary by his daughter, Amari, Justins neice for further evidence.

R i p Justin... hero to many for many reasons..

I remember reading that when Nottingham Forest played us , they had a couple of bullying thug centre halves called Kenny Burns and Larry Lloyd who could also play a bit . Between them they loved roughing up opposing strikers. Justin saw this as a challenge and systematically destroyed them using fists and elbows. Burns in particular was left crumpled up in a heap on the turf.

My mum bashed her car into John Fananu''s car causing a bit of damage. He said ''don''t I earn enough and I have done it myself... I''ll sort"

Not that an I dividual actually

[quote user="Mike "]My mum bashed her car into John Fananu''s car causing a bit of damage. He said ''don''t I earn enough and I have done it myself... I''ll sort"

Not that an I dividual actually[/quote]

Not that horrible an individual... Even

Great film. Shows Justin as a bright and articulate man and also what he was up against with the constant references to his colour. Different times of course but watching that makes me deeply proud that Justin was one of ours but also saddens me that I never got to meet him. Cheers for posting pops.

[quote user="Mike "]My mum bashed her car into John Fananu''s car causing a bit of damage. He said ''don''t I earn enough and I have done it myself... I''ll sort"

He probably didn''t have insurance.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Mike "]My mum bashed her car into John Fananu''s car causing a bit of damage. He said ''don''t I earn enough and I have done it myself... I''ll sort"

He probably didn''t have insurance.[/quote]Well said TCC.  Either that or it wasn''t his car.@Mike.  What people don''t like about John was his attitude to his brother who looked after him when they were very young, then when older, and Justin had his troubles, he trashed him any way he could to avoid being associated with him.  His own brother.  John always fancied himself as Billy Big Bo$$ocks and has behaved like a flash yob for most of his adult life.  You won''t find much in the way of good words for him on here.

Really good film. It shows Justin in a very good light, and makes me proud of Attleborough.

John doesn''t want the facts to get in the way of his story - there was at least one other black pupil at Attleborough Primary School, he was in my class.

One can but wonder what may have happened had Justin stayed at NCFC - sometimes it is better to be a big fish in a small pond.